Thread: Blikje (Dutch for small tin can) :: 2015 Mitsubishi Space Star (Mirage) Intense 1.2 C

1. General Information
    Blikje (Dutch for small tin can)
    Mitsubishi
    Space Star (Mirage) Intense 1.2 CVT
    Majestic Red
    CVT

The "intense" variety of the Space Star (Mirage) was in the Netherlands almost top of the range. The top model being the "instyle". The differences were slight: The "intense" had no infotainment system with built in screen and navigation and it has 14"alloy wheels instead of 15" for the top model. The "instyle" still exists, but the "intense" was renamed "bright" The "bright" comes with a bit less standard equipment (and is thus cheaper). The "intense" and "instyle" had better noise insulation around the wheel arches than the cheaper versions.

The "intense" also came with a manual 5 speed gearbox and was then called "intense +". Very odd indeed...

My car is I think a bit special in the world of Space Stars (Mirages). It is one of the very few 2015 (and thus improved) Space Star (Mirage) "intense" models as the "intense" was very early in 2015 already replaced by the "bright". Besides that, the "intense" was not sold very often anyway. It was deemed too expensive by most Space Star (Mirage) buyers.

So there are very few "intense" 2015 models around.

Details

Metallic paint finish, protective strips in color on doors, protective strip in black on rear bumper, parking collision warning system (rear and audio only), chrome finish around fog lights. heated electrically adjustable outside mirrors. Rear spoiler (standard in EU). Privacy glass in the rear doors. Automatic daylight front lights (always on).

•  

Arm rest between front seats, blue floodlights, Leather finish on steering wheel and on gear selector, functions for telephone, cruise control and radio on steering wheel.

•  

Bluetooth, Automatic climate control. Automatic cruise control, Automatic and variable speed wipers, Automatic headlights, USB and 12V power outlet.

•  

Standard 3 cylinder 1.2 litre engine in EU trim (95 octane needed) 80HP Cleartec engine, automatic start/stop.

•  

Hill assist, electronic stability control and anti lock brakes.

•  

Standard 14 inch aluminium/magnesium wheels with standard Bridgestone Ecopia 165/65/ R14 tyres. Automatic tyre pressure warning system. Additional full spare wheel (steel) and tyre and jack.

•  
    Comments: 7 / Views: 8035
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Looks good! I like the chrome surrounds on the fog lights.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks great.

Do you have any modifications planned?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very Very Nice Mirage!!! Like the side molding a must for this car and to protect the doors! And I like the molding around the fog lights!! And I like your name for your Mirage!
    hello from bluejellybean

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to debburyl For This Useful Post:

RodeRoNL (09-04-2015)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Looks great.

Do you have any modifications planned?
    Nope. I don't have the money for that (need to pay a lot of money to my ex wife and the bank every month to keep my house, actually). Furthermore I am lazy and non-technical. I like the car the way I bought it.

If all this was not true, I would LOVE to have lots and lots of gauges on the dashboard, though.... I could think of 21 functions that would be represented in the dashboard by a gauge. That would look like an Boeing cockpit, haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RodeRoNL For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-02-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    That would be awesome to have a Tesla sized screen with a ton of info displayed!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

infoscreen on dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That would be awesome to have a Tesla sized screen with a ton of info displayed!
    My son thinks it could be possible with an i-pad and (hacking?) software to display all the information that the ECU of the engine and catalytic converter generate, as well as tyre pressure. But I won't let him come near the car for that, .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RodeRoNL View Post
    My son thinks it could be possible with an i-pad and (hacking?) software to display all the information that the ECU of the engine and catalytic converter generate, as well as tyre pressure. But I won't let him come near the car for that, .
    I don't think there would be any hacking or modifying necessary. Your car's on-board computer would simply provide it's information during normal operation. The software would then present that info to you on the tablet's display. Though I haven't used such a system, I don't think it would require any modification to the car's software or programming.

If you already have a tablet, and it has Bluetooth, all you might need is a OBDII bluetooth module that plugs into your car's OBDII port to transmit the data to the tablet and the software to present that data.

Here are some examples of what I am talking about:
    Google search
    DX.com OBDII
    Software for phone or tablet

Hopefully someone else who does this can chime in on what equipment is available and how it works. It might have already been covered on this or surely some other forum.

Cheers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)