Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I don't think the noise I heard was the oil pump,...

I don't think the noise I heard was the oil pump, but anything's possible. The screen filter(wire mesh one in the oil pan) on the 2 I tore down had chunks oh input shaft bearing in them plugging...
  2. Yeah, you got me. The cvt fluid for these thing...

Yeah, you got me. The cvt fluid for these thing is pretty rank right out of the bottle. Plus it'll give you cancer if you live in California.
  3. Sounds like more work than it's worth. You're not...

Sounds like more work than it's worth. You're not going to make it rwd by bolting parts on. I'd just find a solid rear diff from an old datsun 210 or something like that and put leaf springs under...
  4. Replies
    Views

Your mechanical clamp idea is genius. Welding...

Your mechanical clamp idea is genius.

Welding your diff Is, well, a terrible idea for a road race lol

Seeing as your not street driving the car I would box in the rear torsion beam, it would...
  5. Replies
    Views

Nope ... I'm just a plain car owner...

Nope ... I'm just a plain car owner (technically-oriented) having an inclination to DIY mods on the car.
  6. 3A92 Images (pics of disassembled Mirage 1.2L engine)

Special thanks to forum member wilbur for providing these images. Please post yours to this thread.

Wilbur, could you comment on these photos?
  7. Replies
    Views

youll have to stand on your head for this one

youll have to stand on your head for this one
  8. Replies
    Views

7668766976707671767276737674 here are some super...

here are some super happy fun time pictures
  9. Replies
    Views

Im real hard on cars.

Im real hard on cars.
  10. First person to brick the ECU in their Mirage?...

First person to brick the ECU in their Mirage? Not even 200 miles on it yet, lol.
  11. Replies
    Views

The dry weight of the Seadoo Sportster is listed...

The dry weight of the Seadoo Sportster is listed at 1454 lbs with out trailer. This is way outside the Mirage's capability, especially with the CVT. The Mirage is rated to tow 0 (zero) pounds. A...
  12. Replies
    Views

Just use etacsdecoder software and use any j2534...

Just use etacsdecoder software and use any j2534 hardware (install the driver correctly, and etacsdecoder will be able to communicate with the car using the tools). Cheapest way is using mini vci for...
  13. Replies
    Views

Good news! They fixed it, they put in a new axle...

Good news! They fixed it, they put in a new axle and the alignment looks good now. My rear toe readings are .20 and .17. Hopefully I'll get better tire wear now.

Thanks for the info!
  14. Replies
    Views

Ok here's what happened today. I called the...

Ok here's what happened today. I called the Mitsubishi main number to try to get the official specs but they were pretty much worthless. They told me I could pay $20 and get them from...
  15. Replies
    Views

Keep it civil fellas.

Keep it civil fellas.
  16. As I autocross my Mirage, and have taken it to 2...

As I autocross my Mirage, and have taken it to 2 podiums last year, here is some of my insight:

The car will snap oversteer severely if you use too much late or trail braking. Try to do most of...
  17. final drive swap... 5% improvement in my Firefly

I think the 1.2L Mirage is screaming (literally) for this mod, for the fuel economy minded.

I've done a final drive swap to my own car (1.0L, 3-cyl Pontiac Firefly a.k.a. Chevrolet Metro) -- I...
  18. I think you need the piston dish radius for...

I think you need the piston dish radius for calculations.
  19. Replies
    Views

Alright well they start running stages on Friday...

Alright well they start running stages on Friday at 2pm and the SSS at 7. On Saturday the entire event is from 8am to 8pm with phase 2 starting a quarter to 10 and the SSS at 8pm. Forest stages are...
  20. Replies
    Views

OH MY GOD YES! I am making this a plan right now!...

OH MY GOD YES! I am making this a plan right now! I have a 6 person tent and a hammock and I love camping. Aaaand I'm deeply infatuated with rally and have been looking for some rally in the states....
  21. Replies
    Views

Amazon springs, from Auto Dynasty, are incredibly...

Amazon springs, from Auto Dynasty, are incredibly cheap, under 80 bucks. It will drop your car 1.5 inches, but the ride is super stiff and sub par. More known brands are in the suspension sticky with...
  22. Replies
    Views

Remote oil filter mounting kit

After a few episodes changing out my filter I decided to get a Hayden 291 remote filter kit.

First thing is they don't supply hose so a word of caution don't use heater core hose because it will...
  23. Replies
    Views

The prototype clamps are all made up! We are...

The prototype clamps are all made up! We are just trying to find a day when it isn't raining or snowing so that we can test them out.

Here are a few more pics:

24. Replies
    Views

Went out to the shop, with all the stuff needed...

Went out to the shop, with all the stuff needed to finish the sway bar.

Except, apparently, the right drill bits. Spring steel is a bit of challenge to drill through... Going to have to take it...
  25. Replies
    Views

They aren't all made up yet, but here is a teaser...

They aren't all made up yet, but here is a teaser pic. :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2