Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. My car broke down this morning // Canbus reset

The battery was completely dead. After jump starting, all the dashboard lights were on, my tachometer was jumping around wildly and my ultragauge just said "scanning" and wouldnt display anything. it...
  2. Yes the springs are directional. Look close at...

Yes the springs are directional. Look close at the pictures in the 2nd post and you'll see one end is open and the other flush https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/4274-Spring-install-DIY
  3. Eggmans ultimately correct about the alignment ...

Eggmans ultimately correct about the alignment

If you don't want to pay for one it's likely the big bottom two bolts need to be loosened and moved around. The tiny bit of slop between the knuckle...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Made and installed a new license plate light...

Made and installed a new license plate light bracket. It's plastic. The original rotted away.
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Bonus pics of the secret oil storage spot and...

Bonus pics of the secret oil storage spot and emergency rations in the hatch (a jacket, some tp, matches)

I left the bottom portion in because I had it out once when I went autocrossing and you...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Preparing for another trip, needed space and...

Preparing for another trip, needed space and weight savings. (more on this another time)
    Took the top foldable section of the rear seat out, all hardware and belts, and weighed it, it's 44lbs
  7. Replies
    Views

According to this breakdown (2015 de model) there...

According to this breakdown (2015 de model) there is a bearing but it's in a spot you can't see it.

As long as you're sure you're getting a factory style setup might as well order the one with...
  8. Replies
    Views

The strut is bolted to the steering knuckle so...

The strut is bolted to the steering knuckle so when you turn your wheels it also rotated. The shaft could spin in the strut body but there's seals in there.
    It seems weird they would offer 2...
  9. Replies
    Views

Completely agree with fummins it's like you have...

Completely agree with fummins it's like you have two separate issues.

The 406 connector contains the ground for the relay coil so disconnecting it powering off the relay suggests the relay is...
  10. Replies
    Views

My high beams go off but the indicator light on...

My high beams go off but the indicator light on dash stays on when I pull this relay so you have the correct one.

I would begin pulling fuses until you figure out what circuit is powering the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Great videos now I get your "river crossing...

Great videos now I get your "river crossing incident" comment lol
  12. Replies
    Views

Tiny overlander

A while back I asked for maintenance advice in preparation for a trip, well today I got back from my trip.
    We did the southern half of the Trans Wisconsin adventure trail. (the TWAT) Its a 50/50...
  13. Replies
    Views

Was screwing around the other day and found this...

Was screwing around the other day and found this on the underside of my shift boot.
    Wonder if its possible to find out what day they actually shut the m/t line down you could know for sure.
    My car...
  14. Replies
    Views

So I know this is rather unorthodox, but you guys...

So I know this is rather unorthodox, but you guys had me worried about my battery. For camping we usually carry a spare car battery and use an inverter to run anything we want to run, then charge the...
  15. Replies
    Views

It's basically destroyed from off roading,...

It's basically destroyed from off roading, hauling stuff, dozens of camping and kayak trips.
    It looks great in the pictures but every single panel is dented or scratched
    Going on another couple...
  16. Replies
    Views

My car was built November 2014 so just shy of 9...

My car was built November 2014 so just shy of 9 years old and still going. Longest lasting battery I've ever had.
    If it's reasonably priced I'm going to buy a direct factory replacement when it...
  17. Replies
    Views

Well after your compressor charges for 5 minutes...

Well after your compressor charges for 5 minutes and you wrestle with the air hose you can save 8 seconds of work in trade for a few $ of electrical expense. Plus you get the added benefit of being...
  18. Replies
    Views

Step 1. Check for power at the pump w. Ignition...

Step 1. Check for power at the pump w. Ignition on
    Yes, likely a bad pump
    No, check fuse #22, if good go to step 2
    Step 2, separate the grounding wire for the coil of the fuel pump relay from the...
  19. Replies
    Views

I bought 175/65 r14 hankook kinergy st. They are...

I bought 175/65 r14 hankook kinergy st. They are a lower budget eco tire, paid $72 USD each which still feels pricey for such a tiny tire
  20. Replies
    Views

That looks like your ignition coil pack and it's...

That looks like your ignition coil pack and it's absolutely your issue lol

Looks like you need the plug not the coil pack itself. Gray part should disconnect. It's worth trying to disassemble and...
  21. Strongly consider sending the eBay no name clutch...

Strongly consider sending the eBay no name clutch back and buying a brand name clutch. The money you save upfront could really come back to haunt you in the long run, especially if you're paying for...
  22. Just did a 600+ mile tour through Wisconsin,...

Just did a 600+ mile tour through Wisconsin,
    Loaded down with firewood camping gear etc and going 65 or so basically the entire time my gauge said 42.x when I parked. (Which is on par for my...
  23. Rust proofed the drip rails from the inside...

Rust proofed the drip rails from the inside today. have a tendency to collect massive amounts of junk in the front tire area. There is a plug to the rear of the front tire, and 2 plugs to the front...
  24. Ive used mine quite a bit - the faster you go the...

Ive used mine quite a bit - the faster you go the worse it gets. Could easily chew up over 15mpg on the freeway, around town you wont even notice it.

Side note; buy plastic totes that fit in the...
  25. You sound like me - meaning youve probably ran...

You sound like me - meaning youve probably ran out of good space for more junk a long time ago. I found inside the hatch itself to be a great little spot for really light items you hope to never...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4