Search:

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I've got a spare front wheel speed sensor in my...

I've got a spare front wheel speed sensor in my parts bin. When I measure the resistance across the 2 pins of the wiring harness connector, it reads 4.23 Mohms.

When you get the old sensor out, a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Having the correct funnel is the hardest part of...

Having the correct funnel is the hardest part of a manual transmission oil change. Outside of that, it's quite simple. I made a slight mess both times I did mine. I misplaced the drain pan both...
  3. Replies
    Views

Simply owning a Mirage is the best anti-theft...

Simply owning a Mirage is the best anti-theft device you can have. Who wants to steal one? My son had my Mirage in LA for years parking on side streets and left it unlocked so thieves wouldn't...
  4. Replies
    Views

You need to have the wheels aligned. Take your...

You need to have the wheels aligned. Take your car to a good alignment shop and they'll straighten things out for you. :)
  5. Replies
    Views

When you go to buy that it's usually referred to...

When you go to buy that it's usually referred to as a Sway Bar Link and you'll get the bolt, nut, the rubber bushings, and the washers all in the kit. I would replaced the links on both ends of the...
  6. Whoops I forgot to actually post this. Here’s...

Whoops I forgot to actually post this. Here’s some of the buckets. (Hopefully it’s visible) 25886

I thought there was an access cover for the tensioner but I don’t know where? I just looked at...
  7. Replies
    Views

Yep, Johnny's got this for the noise, also check...

Yep, Johnny's got this for the noise, also check the Alternator belt tension. They can make cool noises & still feel petty tight. Foama has a DIY here...
  8. Replies
    Views

For the past 8 years its only at 75k. I know its...

For the past 8 years its only at 75k. I know its low, I drive mostly City driving no long drives and also the road here is not that great.

Imagine running your small car that has the same surface...
  9. Replies
    Views

ok so i think ill just buy the one that dont have...

ok so i think ill just buy the one that dont have the bearings. Just read from another site

"Bad strut bearings can also cause alignment issues and uneven tire wear. Many mechanics recommend that...
  10. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I'm with Wally on this, look for high efficiency...

I'm with Wally on this, look for high efficiency speakers and you won't need a separate amp unless you plan on going all in and using a crossover with a sub etc... I had a set of Pioneer 3 ways...
  11. Replies
    Views

That article clearly states a 10 year max life....

That article clearly states a 10 year max life. Old tires that looked perfect are what killed Paul Walker and Roger Rodas. Unlimited shelf life my Tire Engineer's Ass.
  12. Replies
    Views

In post #6 of this thread the OP stated that one...

In post #6 of this thread the OP stated that one of the aftermarket additions that came with the car was "led strips parking lights".
    Barring the possibility that some wires have rubbed through and...
  13. Important is rustproofing it early, before rust...

Important is rustproofing it early, before rust has a chance to get at it. Doing it early also means it doesn't take much effort and is totally worthwhile.
    It has only about 140 000km on it, and is...
  14. Replies
    Views

Total shot in the dark here, have you looked at...

Total shot in the dark here, have you looked at the headlight bulbs themselves? Is one element broken and touching the other one or something weird?
    Have you pulled the two high beam fuses, F3 and...
  15. It is so much better to get it done or to do it...

It is so much better to get it done or to do it yourself when the car is new. If it has rust, for example after the first winter, it takes much more effort. Some will just spray their goo onto rust,...
  16. Replies
    Views

We had a thread some time ago about these kind of...

We had a thread some time ago about these kind of issues. The strangest things happened when slight corrosion developed on a connector/wire harness behind the drivers left foot. Sounds like it could...
  17. Thread: Tiny overlander

by inuvik
    Replies
    Views

The Mirage proves once again it's up for the...

The Mirage proves once again it's up for the challenge! With it's 6.3" of ground clearance and ultra short wheel base it's better than most cars and even some CUV's. Take for example the Subaru...
  18. Replies
    Views

I believe the antenna is just a solid lead that...

I believe the antenna is just a solid lead that screws into the female-threaded end of another solid lead on the car side as an extension, so no I don't think it will damage anything to leave it off...
  19. One thing is for sure...if they use salt on the...

One thing is for sure...if they use salt on the roads where you live then you need to do something. And by something I mean an oil-based rustproofing spray, not the old-school tar/rubberized...
  20. Replies
    Views

I did a similarish thing in my side by side. I...

I did a similarish thing in my side by side. I use a deep cycle battery to power one of those chinese diesel heater to heat my tent. I put the deep cycle battery on the rear foot well and ran cables...
  21. Thread: A/C Service...

by Fummins
    Replies
    Views

I don't get the fear of having an ecu update...

I don't get the fear of having an ecu update done? Worried that they'll program the car to self destruct just after warranty or is there something I'm missing out on?
  22. Replies
    Views

Hold my beer

Hold my beer
  23. Replies
    Views

Just for giggles - I averaged 28.3 mpg pulling...

Just for giggles - I averaged 28.3 mpg pulling the bike on trailer. That's with running full A/C. I cruised at 65 mph a couple times, and 4-lane split highways. Hilly terrain, hot as blazes, very...
  24. Replies
    Views

Hotdog and a silver bullet

Happened upon the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile at the supermarket today and could not resist a couple of selfies. Nothing says summer like a hotdog and a silver bullet :cool:.
  25. Replies
    Views

If your 9-year old Hitachi battery is getting...

If your 9-year old Hitachi battery is getting weak, you could try to revitalize it by charging it with 15.5-16.5 Volts for at least 12 hours. The acid will produce bubbles and thereby clean the plus...
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4