Search:

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Idiots not keeping their word

I'm spitting nails about now
    I made a deal with a guy to buy an item and told him I really had to run a couple errands that were time sensitive and he'd get paid via EMT within 2 hours.
    I get home...
  2. Replies
    Views

What with the accents and the language being...

What with the accents and the language being spoken and the flimsy nature of all those POS I was CERTAIN it was Ontario until I realized, BAMBOO doesn't grow here
  3. Replies
    Views

Large number of stolen cars recovered, many in a...

Large number of stolen cars recovered, many in a warehouse a short drive from me.
  4. Replies
    Views

Kelvin ;)

Kelvin ;)
  5. Replies
    Views

Guess the height

On the topic of antennas I found this great pic. I don't know what country it is, but how high is that thing?

My guess is 20 feet from the ground to the antenna tip.26779
  6. Replies
    Views

Going nuts with HAM gear

I started out the summer hoping to update 1 radio, add 1 radio and put up 2 antennas. Total cost perhaps $1000

I see according to my records I've spent >$11,000 since May.

Offset that by the...
  7. That's a cool approach! Combine the best of the...

That's a cool approach! Combine the best of the old with the new. Most CB were actually made pretty darn good. There were cut rate rigs but the branded stuff was good.

Most of the problems can be...
  8. If you are referring to the lower right rig...

If you are referring to the lower right rig that's an Icom IC7000. It sure looks like a G90 doesn't it? Makes me think the G90 guys looked at the Icom and figured since it's out of production for 15...
  9. As Johnny says, always buying and selling. You do...

As Johnny says, always buying and selling. You do it right and you can usually come out a bit ahead each time. The secret is buying a lot when an older ham passes and most remaining family just want...
  10. Second part: This is my ham station under...

Second part:

This is my ham station under construction. Most of my gear has sat in boxes since 2020 when covid hit. I should have spend all my spare time on the radio but IIRC the bands were...
  11. More 2 way radio stuff - ham and 11 meter guys (cb)

I recently bought 2 gadgets for what is a cheap price in the ham world for what they do

The meter is specifically geared to 1-60Mhz, that puts it's center of measurement almost smack in the middle...
  12. Replies
    Views

Let's face it. Mits know tech. The only, only...

Let's face it. Mits know tech.
    The only, only reason the Zero was knocked off the top tier perch in WWII was America introducing birds with 2,400hp double wasp radials. Both the F6F and Corsair had...
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Creepers rule. Either that or a $3,500 lift. I'll...

Creepers rule. Either that or a $3,500 lift. I'll take the creeper. Besides, I can sleep under the car and pretend I'm working.
  14. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Been there with several cars. Drop parts wherever...

Been there with several cars. Drop parts wherever I went.

As for me for today with the Mirage I spend an hour with a giant 3 magnet antenna mount on the roof with a pseudo-antenna attached driving...
  15. Kawasaki engines had buckets. You needed a kit...

Kawasaki engines had buckets. You needed a kit with hundreds of buckets before you began work on your Z1. Ugh. I hated that. Are you sure the chain system is at fault? You would only be the 2nd...
  16. Replies
    Views

HEY!!!!!!! Waves hands!!!!! I'll do it, buy it,...

HEY!!!!!!! Waves hands!!!!! I'll do it, buy it, I'll drive it out and try to get the 3 wheel car from Montana and drive that home
  17. Replies
    Views

Sticky: thanks for the reminder, my LED dome light is...

thanks for the reminder, my LED dome light is flickering in the cold, it's 6 years old and cost $1.50 so I can't complain.
  18. Replies
    Views

Actually, those skinny Can Am tires would be...

Actually, those skinny Can Am tires would be excellent in the snow, IMO. being so narrow all the car weight is centralized. Everyone here agrees skinny tires for snow are the way to go!
  19. Replies
    Views

Ya, I was offered $10K for my 2017 which I paid...

Ya, I was offered $10K for my 2017 which I paid $11k to get. My car only only has 50,000 miles in 6 years.
  20. Replies
    Views

Thankfully, we're nowhere near EU boots on our...

Thankfully, we're nowhere near EU boots on our necks.

Some manuals say 1000 lb or 450 kg. is OK.
  21. Replies
    Views

My last Uniden experience was a President, this...

My last Uniden experience was a President, this is likely from the early 80's before I was an amateur. It performed as well as the other major players at the time, Radio Shack, Sears, etc, although...
  22. Replies
    Views

I think this is ideal for what you want. It is...

I think this is ideal for what you want. It is all band receiver meaning commercial AM and FM (in "wide" mode) and in the HF bands you have access to all the shortwave frequencies. Yes, also all CB...
  23. Replies
    Views

i have been meaning to install a radio in my...

i have been meaning to install a radio in my Mirage for a long time.

Finally decided I'm going to use my miniature all mode Yaesu.

I bought this a decade ago for when I has hiking/fishing/back...
  24. Replies
    Views

Sticky: WOW! what a rig! Even has a Metal switch. That...

WOW! what a rig! Even has a Metal switch. That says a lot. I remember that radio well, my g/f had a 1986 RX7 with it. Very loud but clean.
  25. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Lots of car speakers are in the 92db/1w/1m range...

Lots of car speakers are in the 92db/1w/1m range but to my surprise some altec lansings I had were rated 102db/1w/1m. What does that mean?
    the Altec speakers were 8 times louder than others. Might...
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4