Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sorry, no pics. But I did use a 10 lb sledge as...

Sorry, no pics. But I did use a 10 lb sledge as hard as I possibly could. Frankly, I've never had a rotor rusted on anything this bad. Usually I use a plastic deadblow hammer but I didn't have...
  2. Replies
    Views

Be gentle if you replace lug studs

Be gentle if you replace the lug studs.

I snapped my lug studs because some garage decided to tighten them to a million ft lbs or whatever. Was in a rush so I hammered in new ones after beating...
  3. Replies
    Views

That centre console is a leg killer for me. Part...

That centre console is a leg killer for me. Part of the attraction of the Mirage to me is I can have my right leg in the centre console if I like. I tried the Lancer and it hurt immediately. A lot...
  4. Replies
    Views

Another part number for the O-Ring: 2921A006

Another part number for the O-Ring: 2921A006
  5. Replies
    Views

So, ummm, yeah, that worked. Had to copy the ini...

So, ummm, yeah, that worked. Had to copy the ini file it moaned about to C:\windows.

2921A010 - The O-Ring!
    2921A011 - The Filter!

That's the secret sauce. To unpack click the left button...
  6. Replies
    Views

What did I just find? I hope it's virus...

What did I just find?

I hope it's virus free... Because I think this might just be really, really, really useful...

http://mmc-manuals.ru/Downloads#Mitsubishi_ASA_v.1.8.0.0
  7. Replies
    Views

CVT is sealed and there's no way for it to burn...

CVT is sealed and there's no way for it to burn oil. So if you have to top it up, you have a leak. You should never need to top up, just drain and fill every 150,000 km. Or more often if you want...
  8. Replies
    Views

If you want an even more extreme example of how...

If you want an even more extreme example of how much car companies will lie in the US to sell you an SUV or truck, the VW Golf will apparently explode if you leave a rope dragging behind the car (0...
  9. Replies
    Views

What you're towing looks fine to me. Car...

What you're towing looks fine to me. Car manufacturers actively lie about what the cars will tow. Some specific examples that have affected me:

- Yaris in USA: 0 lbs towing. Yaris in Canada...
  10. Replies
    Views

Nowadays I just buy rotors every time I change...

Nowadays I just buy rotors every time I change pads if I put on the better ceramic pads, and every other time if I use cheaper semi-metallic pads. They're pretty cheap if you buy from the right...
  11. I'm guessing that Russia and China have too much...

I'm guessing that Russia and China have too much competition in the "sh*tbox" market. I'm not saying the MIrage is a sh*tbox, but it would definitely end up being lumped in with the Chery QQ3, and...
  12. Replies
    Views

For those of you in Canada, find a local...

For those of you in Canada, find a local distributor for the valve. I didn't pay anything more than the website price, but no shipping and had it within a couple of hours here in the GTA (Went to...
  13. Replies
    Views

That's how I felt when I got my first Mirage. ...

That's how I felt when I got my first Mirage. That hot pink colour was just downright offensive.

Now I love it and I wouldn't have it any other way. I even buy random crap in that hot pink...
  14. Replies
    Views

Alright, all finished. Everything works 100%. ...

Alright, all finished. Everything works 100%. All buttons do what I wanted them to do (I actually set my mode button to be mute, I find that function more useful on the wheel). Now I just need to...
  15. Replies
    Views

Pretty close now. Replaced the 3.74k resistor...

Pretty close now. Replaced the 3.74k resistor with a 10k trimpot and adjusted the voltage on pin 7 and 6 with it until it was exactly 7.71 volts. Also bridged L3 and L4 (moved L4 - L8 to L5 - L9). ...
  16. Replies
    Views

LOL just bought a second (used) Mirage for my...

LOL just bought a second (used) Mirage for my wife. Best car EVER.
  17. Replies
    Views

So, for those trying this out, the circuit didn't...

So, for those trying this out, the circuit didn't work as pictured for me. I'm working on some improvements that should get it going. We'll see how it turns out. One good thing is that the voltage...
  18. Hmmm! Just about to install cruise on my wife's...

Hmmm! Just about to install cruise on my wife's Mirage... turns out the wheel I purchased this time (again, from an Outlander) has the correct resistors in it! I *think* it was a 2015 Outlander...
  19. Replies
    Views

Thanks! Didn't think of that. Once I finish it...

Thanks! Didn't think of that. Once I finish it up I'll post the actual kicad files so they're editable, too.
  20. Replies
    Views

Steering Wheel Interface for Pioneer Radios

I'm going about creating a steering wheel interface for those of you with Pioneer radios that have the wired remote input.

This is the information about the wired remote:

http://jvde.net/node/7...
  21. First car it replaced was a 2007 Toyota Yaris...

First car it replaced was a 2007 Toyota Yaris with a rotted out area where a rear control arm connects to the body.

For my second Mirage, it's in the midst of replacing a 2008 Tribute with a wonky...
  22. Just did another Mirage today, used a windows 10...

Just did another Mirage today, used a windows 10 laptop with my old 1.4.1 xhorse compatible Mini-VCI. Followed the manual instructions to get that cable working as found elsewhere (and then used...
  23. The 555 timer circuit should work for a narrow...

The 555 timer circuit should work for a narrow band sensor emulator:

http://www.chippernut.com/blog/o2-simulator

Leave the heater portion hooked up to the O2 sensor.
  24. Maybe it's a 2014 vs 2015 thing? I don't know, I...

Maybe it's a 2014 vs 2015 thing? I don't know, I just know it didn't work for my 2015 Mirage with the alternate value resistors in the control panel.

One more useful tidbit: The nut you need to...
  25. Success! I enabled cruise control. My cruise...

Success! I enabled cruise control. My cruise light does not function, but then again, it did not light during the lamp test, so I think Mitsu may have cheaped out and not bothered installing the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2