Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Considering what beer costs now, you won't need...

Considering what beer costs now, you won't need anything heavy duty to haul $350 worth of beer; got an eye dropper?
  2. I have over 65,000 miles on it now; there is no...

I have over 65,000 miles on it now; there is no warranty.

This afternoon I tore down the gearshift assembly, and took pictures. The only unusual thing I found was a Maple seed pod under the...
  3. :):):)Eggman, you hit that nail right on the...

:):):)Eggman, you hit that nail right on the head...the shift lever was, apparently, not fully seated in the park position; I wiggled it and heard a little click from it. After that, I found the...
  4. My car is a 2017 ES, no pushbutton start, keys...

My car is a 2017 ES, no pushbutton start, keys and remotes only.

With all doors unlocked, NONE of the doors will lock, just a relay clicking sound; also, if I use the remote, the exterior lights...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Have you checked the back seat to make sure the...

Have you checked the back seat to make sure the seeds you threw away didn't take root?:o
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Compared to the 2005 Chevy Trailblazer I had...

Compared to the 2005 Chevy Trailblazer I had right before my Mirage, the Mirages CG is underground:chuncky:. It may be top heavy for a little car, but I've not felt that. Of course, I drive like an...
  7. Replies
    Views

Sticky: The stereo in question is the base model. That...

The stereo in question is the base model. That fuse box suggestion sounds like a possibility...extreme heat could cause it to expand, causing a connection to open up; then when it cools off, the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sticky: The recent heat waves have uncovered a "quirk" in...

The recent heat waves have uncovered a "quirk" in my Mirage. During the summer months, on sunny days, I will crack the windows a little in the morning to keep the interior from getting too hot and...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Yeah, I've had lots of little dings and dents in...

Yeah, I've had lots of little dings and dents in my Mirage; the skin is very thin. Of course, these cars are very light; that's why they get such good mileage. My Mirage is so light, I'm afraid it...
  10. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I always set the parking brake on my Mirage; I've...

I always set the parking brake on my Mirage; I've noticed that if I don't get the handle all the way down, it will eventually ring a little bell, not right away. It's good to have that; the Kia...
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Thank you for posting that link; I just check my...

Thank you for posting that link; I just check my cabin air filter...this is what I found:

Whoever put it in, obviously, didn't care to do it right; it was so jammed into the holder, I had...
  12. Replies
    Views

After nearly a year of futzing around, waiting...

After nearly a year of futzing around, waiting for a version of ETACS Decoder (Version 5.3.8.2) that would actualy work on my 2017 Mirage ES, I was finally, today, able to activate the fog light...
  13. Replies
    Views

Over the last 45 years, I've done a lot of engine...

Over the last 45 years, I've done a lot of engine tune-ups; this is the first time I've heard of "tuning the belt". Unfortunately, I'm tone-deaf. Will I need to hire a piano tuner to check my belt...
  14. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I drive a CVT Mirage and I always set the parking...

I drive a CVT Mirage and I always set the parking brake. Once or twice I have tried to drive off with the brake set; no beeping alarm, but the car struggled to move, so it was obvious the parking...
  15. Thread: ETACS tweaks?

by stecoop
    Replies
    Views

I tried it on my 2017 Mirage ES...it completely...

I tried it on my 2017 Mirage ES...it completely disabled the starting system. Fortunately, when I turned it back on, it remembered my working key...otherwise, I would have been seriously screwed.
  16. Replies
    Views

I would reccomend using the squeeze-tap...

I would reccomend using the squeeze-tap connectors...there is just enough room to get them in there; BUT! make sure you use the ones for 22 AWG or smaller wire, otherwise you won't get a reliable...
  17. Replies
    Views

I'm the kind of person who, when I find a problem...

I'm the kind of person who, when I find a problem too challenging, I walk away from it...at least for a little while. Today, I revistied the problem with getting the ETACS decoder program working on...
  18. Replies
    Views

Yeah, but he might pop a hel'of'va...

Yeah, but he might pop a hel'of'va wheelie!:rolleyes:
  19. Replies
    Views

I'm done! I'm not wasting anymore time or money...

I'm done! I'm not wasting anymore time or money on this project; I will never have a working cruise control in my car.

The ETACS decoder program is poorly designed junkware - it should NOT be this...
  20. Replies
    Views

I have just installed the Daox Cruise control kit...

I have just installed the Daox Cruise control kit (Daox, you're a 3D-printing genius!) in my 2017 Mirage; I have a little advice for anyone planning to install this kit in a 2017 or newer vehicle,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Very glad to see this article. I now have another...

Very glad to see this article. I now have another project for this summer. I saw in the pictures an option for setting the engine immobilizer...so...I think I'll try immobilizing the immobilizer and...