1. Thread: Mitsu Story

by flatbroke
    Replies
    Views

Mitsu Story

http://wardsauto.com/industry/it-s-fighter-s-chance-mitsubishi-us
  2. Replies
    Views

I've used a Hunter alignment machine many times...

I've used a Hunter alignment machine many times and it's a bit difficult to cheat on alignment print out figures. Can it be done? Sure, but the dealer really gains nothing if he finds the rear...
  3. Replies
    Views

That's the same way I change oil. Rather than...

That's the same way I change oil. Rather than bring it up to the proper level, I add just enough so the rod bearing knock stops. Ok maybe not...
  4. Replies
    Views

Just trying to verify some info. It's 50 degrees...

Just trying to verify some info. It's 50 degrees outside and you want cold air to blow out your vents?
  5. Replies
    Views

You're right. I would rather have my car drive me...

You're right. I would rather have my car drive me back and forth from work, rather than die because some knot-head decides to play ricky-racer, or someone on their phone runs into me. Don't kid...
  6. Replies
    Views

You mean like...

You mean like this?..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNi17YLnZpg
  7. ---------------------- Admin note: We know of...

----------------------
    Admin note: We know of at least one U.S. based Mirage used in taxi service that has had a clutch replacement, and we're starting to see a few high-miles 6th gen. Mirages...
  8. I didn't find it posted anywhere. Alldata shows...

I didn't find it posted anywhere. Alldata shows 6.8 hours to replace the disc, pressure plate and flywheel. Disc and plate show about $400 at Mitsu dealer. Maybe about $50 to resurface flywheel. Most...
  9. Is it my fault that I'm so incredible? But i...

Is it my fault that I'm so incredible? But i digress,please continue to run that Mirage as hard as you can in the autocross. We all look forward to reports on your adventure.
  10. I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum,...

I'm sorry, this is a Mitsubishi Mirage forum, correct? All I'm asking is to be fare to the brand that one chooses. People can do whatever they want to the things they purchase, but just understand,...
  11. Replies
    Views

Bridgestone Potenza RE92 low rolling resistance...

Bridgestone Potenza RE92 low rolling resistance tires $80 each plus shipping at tire rack.
  12. My advice would be to find a nice local dirt...

My advice would be to find a nice local dirt track and start racing a hobby stock car. Something with an inspected roll cage, harness, and helmet is much safer than running one of our Mirages around...
  13. Replies
    Views

I think a large problem with this style of...

I think a large problem with this style of driving is that you become a hazard on the highway. If you live in farm country, it's probably fine, but if I attempted this on my way to or from each day,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Gains will be a car that runs too hot, underhood...

Gains will be a car that runs too hot, underhood temperatures that remain too high for an extended period of time causing early battery failure as well as other components. Radiator fan will run more...
  15. Air bags are a funny thing. I've seen many cases...

Air bags are a funny thing. I've seen many cases where you would think they should have gone off, but due to the angle or height of the impact they don't. I'm still always thankful for them being...
  16. Suzuki ...

Suzuki also.....http://www.autoevolution.com/news/suzuki-admits-to-discrepancies-in-fuel-economy-ratings-16-models-are-affected-107598.html?utm_source=ae_bottombubble
  17. Replies
    Views

I know everyone wants to improve fuel mileage if...

I know everyone wants to improve fuel mileage if possible, but there really is no easy, simple method that doesn't have a fairly large downside. The engineers at Mitsu have worked long and hard to...
  18. Replies
    Views

and...

and more...http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a940/4199963/
  19. Replies
    Views

http://www.wheels.ca/news/over-inflated-tires-are-...

http://www.wheels.ca/news/over-inflated-tires-are-a-bad-idea/
  20. Replies
    Views

A can of brake clean and some rags to wipe the...

A can of brake clean and some rags to wipe the anti rust coating off before the install are needed.
  21. Replies
    Views

Jatco trannys have been around a long time. I had...

Jatco trannys have been around a long time. I had limited exposure to them back in my dealership days. But I don't recall any of our heavyline techs doing a whole lot of work to them. I live in...
  22. I personally am hoping the performance car side...

I personally am hoping the performance car side of the auto industry dies out as autonomous driving begins to move to the forefront. Everyone thinks they can handle tons of horsepower on a light...
  23. Replies
    Views

From a pure safety standpoint cars function at...

From a pure safety standpoint cars function at their optimum point when the tire pressure matches what is on the door placard, as long as the rest of the vehicle hasn't been altered. People want...
  24. Replies
    Views

What eggman said, they worked before you brought...

What eggman said, they worked before you brought them in. They should have to fix them.
  25. Replies
    Views

From hybrid cars.com forum. Posted by vtr5955 ...

From hybrid cars.com forum. Posted by vtr5955 Please delete and accept my apology if not appropriate...There have been many postings offering recommendations regarding increasing tire inflation to...
Page 1 of 2 1 2