Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. His post stays and mine goes just take my name...

His post stays and mine goes just take my name off this forum membership immediately
  2. They just need to use my powertrain patent...

They just need to use my powertrain patent US#7677208 and everything is achievable with otherwise current technology.

regards
    mech
  3. We still have the window sticker that came on the...

We still have the window sticker that came on the wife's Sorento claiming 32 mpg highway. It was more than over inflating the tires. That was the first thing I did when we got it home. Shortly after...
  4. So adding air to tires is as bad as programming...

So adding air to tires is as bad as programming two fuel maps into the ECU, one for when only the front wheels are turning, the other for the rest of the time.

Funny how these days "mistakes"...
  5. Replies
    Views

I just dumped mine (oil), removed the filter,...

I just dumped mine (oil), removed the filter, drained and reinstalled it (the filter) and put half of a 5 quart jug into the engine. The Mobil 1 was $22.88 for 5 quarts, which gets me two changes....
  6. Replies
    Views

The recommended tire rotation today, of every 5k...

The recommended tire rotation today, of every 5k miles, HAS THE SOLE PURPOSE OF EMPTYING YOUR WALLET AND DISGUISING TIRE WEAR PATTERNS THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE.

As far as some secret information...
  7. Thread: Tow Hook?

by deleted user
    Replies
    Views

You might want to save it since most other means...

You might want to save it since most other means of towing will rip the front end to pieces, especially the bumper cover.

regards
    mech
  8. Replies
    Views

That belt will separate at that seam. Why wait...

That belt will separate at that seam. Why wait for it to fail at the worst time and the worst place? Replace it immediately. I had almost the exact same failure in my personal car with a brand new...
  9. Replies
    Views

Fuel prices here are up from $1.349 in January to...

Fuel prices here are up from $1.349 in January to $1.799 last fill for me. A barrell of oil has gone from high $20s to over $40 in that same time. With my latest ultragauge and block heater, I'll...
  10. Replies
    Views

The bright specs in the pads are the metallic...

The bright specs in the pads are the metallic part, easily seen in the photos you provided.

regards
    mech
  11. Replies
    Views

Ceramic brake pads will eat up the rotors much...

Ceramic brake pads will eat up the rotors much faster than semi-metallic. If you use the same calipers and the same size pads, the ability to convert momentum to heat will not change, only the rotors...
  12. Replies
    Views

I have driven a lot of cars. One of the most...

I have driven a lot of cars. One of the most radical was a customers 280Z turbo running 15 pounds of boost. I would guess the horsepower at 400 plus in a 2400 pound Z car. The engine block was...
  13. Looks like 47390 total US sales to date. I wonder...

Looks like 47390 total US sales to date. I wonder how many first generations they have left for sale in the US? Nice to know I'm a member of such an exclusive group. :friendly_wink:

regards
    mech
  14. If I could live my life again starting at my...

If I could live my life again starting at my first full time job, I would avoid debt like the plague. The wife and I have had no house or car payment for two decades. Renting money from someone else...
  15. My Parents lives were saved when a drunk in a...

My Parents lives were saved when a drunk in a Cadillac came into their lane on US1 in the Florida keys. Mom was driving their 1977 Accord and she swerved around the oncoming car, while Pop in the...
  16. If your goal is lowest cost per mile and you're...

If your goal is lowest cost per mile and you're going to pile the miles on a car, the Corolla would be the better choice since it only has 75k miles right now.

Not saying the Mirage is not a good...
  17. 3dplanes posts and knowledge of the Mirage and...

3dplanes posts and knowledge of the Mirage and his fuel mileage log were the principle determining factors in my purchase of my Mirage. Knowing of the problems with the rear axle allowed me to...
  18. Replies
    Views

Close to a year and 16k miles on mine and I love...

Close to a year and 16k miles on mine and I love the car. Even my 94 year old POP likes it an he drives a 2001 Eldorado.

regards
    mech
  19. Replies
    Views

Check to make sure both tie rods exposed threads...

Check to make sure both tie rods exposed threads (where they are adjusted) are the same length. If they are off by more than 1/8th inch, then you have to start thinking beyond the strut itself. They...
  20. Replies
    Views

The lower ball joint HAS to be in the original...

The lower ball joint HAS to be in the original location. If not then you get into bump steer and other geometry issues. You also need to check the wheel base on both sides to make sure it is exactly...
  21. Poll: My 2015 was built in July 2014. Since they...

My 2015 was built in July 2014. Since they skipped 2016, they saved the issue of retooling for a new model until the 2017 model came out.

I read a little about the factory. It would seem that...
  22. Replies
    Views

Great to know I am one of the 42-45k owners of...

Great to know I am one of the 42-45k owners of the 1st gen of this Mirage (2013-2015) sold in the USA. As far as resale value, anyone remember the beautiful low mileage Metro that sold for $9k on...
  23. Poll: I would loosen the strut to knuckle mount on the...

I would loosen the strut to knuckle mount on the right side and pry or push the strut out as far as it would go then tighten down the bolts, which should get you in specs. Most replacement struts...
  24. Replies
    Views

LOL, airbags for your car. regards mech

LOL, airbags for your car.

regards
    mech
  25. Replies
    Views

They would never give credit to the Mirage. It's...

They would never give credit to the Mirage. It's like curing cancer. If it happened the whole infrastructure of trillions spent on cancer treatment, research and cures would vanish, because the...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4