Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Can you post the exact Optima yellow top model...

Can you post the exact Optima yellow top model number that you got for your Mirage? Did it fit right in the plastic battery cover?

-Charlie-
  2. Good advice. Not sure I would have kept using...

Good advice. Not sure I would have kept using that filter though after cleaning it. Was that some sort of mold I saw growing on it?? If so, toss it for sure.

-Charlie-
  3. BTW, for anyone looking for new OEM Mitsu...

BTW, for anyone looking for new OEM Mitsu components:

http://www.mitsubishipartssource.com/

Beware though, as might be expected, OEM costs a LOT!

-Charlie-
  4. @ MightyMirage - ah I see, that makes more sense....

@ MightyMirage - ah I see, that makes more sense. I was under the impression that you were saying $800 for all of those NEW. Those are all used, but who cares, saves you a bunch in the end and it's...
  5. Replies
    Views

Well, bright spot I guess is that I at least had...

Well, bright spot I guess is that I at least had 25k miles on it before getting it wrecked by someone.

My left ear actually WAS ringing right after the accident. However, after 6 hours most of...
  6. Replies
    Views

@ Top Fuel - no idea how much the damage was, but...

@ Top Fuel - no idea how much the damage was, but obviously considerable since the insurance company deemed it more economical to issue a total loss check for the vehicle rather than to attempt to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Demise of my 2014 Mirage!

Hey guys, just wanted to share the end of my story with my 2014 Mirage. Was driving straight through a green light last month on a Thursday night, but for some reason the other driver (BMW) made a...
  8. Thanks to the helpful info on this forum, I went...

Thanks to the helpful info on this forum, I went ahead and removed not only the tri-star mitsu emblem from the back, but also the ones saying 'Mitsubishi' and 'Mirage'.

I used waxed dental floss,...
  9. @alex16: Hey man, I know what you were going...

@alex16:

Hey man, I know what you were going through finding a correct battery, it was hell!

I upgraded stock battery to an Interstate. It took several measurements and a return, but I found...
  10. Replies
    Views

THAT is certainly a possibility with me being...

THAT is certainly a possibility with me being here in sunny FL. Though me and my car have definitely been through days in the low 30's F with no audible difference in engine noise, albeit nothing...
  11. Replies
    Views

Windshield Wipers Dimensions missing?

So, 2 years on the same windshield wipers..figured I'm being a bit greedy so I went to check in the user manual for the car, and the section for windshield wipers does not have the dimensions that we...
  12. Replies
    Views

I had the ECU fuel remap done last week. ...

I had the ECU fuel remap done last week. Honestly..there MIGHT be just the slightest increse in start up smoothness, but this is far from academic here as I have nothing to quantify this.

After...
  13. First off, I'm not trying to start any trouble. ...

First off, I'm not trying to start any trouble.

I drive in a year, approximately 12,000 miles. 100,000 miles / 12,000 = 8.3333333....

Are you suggesting I just drive my car for over 8 years...
  14. Same question I had when I was deciding between...

Same question I had when I was deciding between Advanced Fuel Economy and Extended Performance. Extended Performance is the better oil in every respect and is what I use exclusively now (I used to...
  15. LOL, I can't believe you guys found my video! OMG...

LOL, I can't believe you guys found my video! OMG - that's the only video I put up on that channel b/c after I made it, I became self conscious of the quality of the 'video' - most other...
  16. Replies
    Views

Yeah, the Zerex red stuff is the exact same stuff...

Yeah, the Zerex red stuff is the exact same stuff I saw at the Auto Parts place. I did not wind up getting it.

For anyone interested, here's another alternative I found:
  17. Replies
    Views

Well, engine was on, BUT I did not rev the engine...

Well, engine was on, BUT I did not rev the engine at all.

Man..kinda' angry. I just assumed since he had the jumper cables that naturally he'd know how to actually use them properly..sigh
  18. Thread: Oil Catch Can

by Charlie
    Replies
    Views

He means that oil catch cans are really only...

He means that oil catch cans are really only useful if you have a car with 'Forced Induction'..or a Subaru maybe lol (head gasket issues I've heard).

Unless you installed a turbo or supercharger...
  19. Swirl X Review - Removing DISO by Hand on 2014 Mirage Paintwork

Hi guys, just wanted to share my experiences in paint correction by hand with 2 Meguiar's Products.

I like to maintain my car as best I can be it aesthetic or mechanical. On the detailing side of...
  20. Daaayyyyum, over 100? And I was proud of...

Daaayyyyum, over 100?

And I was proud of myself today for getting the meter to read 66 mpg!

You're right about most people cutting people off and burning rubber. I don't even understand what...
  21. I actually tried doing my 1st oil change with the...

I actually tried doing my 1st oil change with the strap type..TOTAL fail. Had to go back to the auto parts store and get the cap style.

In my opinion, the easiest way is to remove the bottom,...
  22. Replies
    Views

Sticky: @ Maverick - !! You do all THAT once a week??! ...

@ Maverick - !! You do all THAT once a week??!

Anyways, I saw your post on my 'Back 2 Black' thread. It's kind of funny because the day you posted that was the first time I ever used a clay bar. ...
  23. As requested, quick update: Been a whole week...

As requested, quick update:

Been a whole week since the application of Back 2 Black.

While I was initially overjoyed with the fact that my black trim got even blacker, I am now utterly...
  24. New 2 Me Product Review: Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax + Mother's Back 2 Black

Hi guys, just wanted to share my experiences with 2 new products that I finally got to use!

1) Meguiar's: Quik Wax Spray
    2) Mother's: Back To Black

I bought Meg's QWS as a bolster to my 'real'...
  25. Thread: My first dent

by Charlie
    Replies
    Views

That sucks! It must churn around furiously in...

That sucks! It must churn around furiously in your stomach to know it was some inconsiderate !@#$ who was too absent-minded to pay attention.

I am of the camp that parks as far away as possible so...
Page 1 of 2 1 2