Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I would like to add some of my findings...

I would like to add some of my findings regarding the increased power people are feeling at 3500rpm or wherever.

From my data logging using an obd-2 dongle. I've noticed that this engine stays at...
  2. Slow, but continued progress. Both turbos are...

Slow, but continued progress. Both turbos are being machined down and then welded up to be smaller externally. I was supposed to be installing the entire kit this exact week, but I'll take any...
  3. Even on a good day, the cost to swap in a used...

Even on a good day, the cost to swap in a used engine will probably be over $1000 in labor.
  4. Replies
    Views

These regulatory types just dont embrace modern...

These regulatory types just dont embrace modern bluetooth cat technology like we racers do.
  5. Picked up a spare engine. Looks like it comes...

Picked up a spare engine. Looks like it comes with a few bonus parts that are nice to keep around.

6. Replies
    Views

So the motor I picked up ended up being one from...

So the motor I picked up ended up being one from a manual anyway. On the bright side, it came with a clutch and the motor has 53K on it, so the clutch might be in good usable shape.
  7. The pictures will start coming as I get more...

The pictures will start coming as I get more parts and prep done over the next couple weeks.

The goal is to have this thing turbocharged by the first week of August.
  8. Sounds good! It's a reference to the Project...

Sounds good! It's a reference to the Project Binky videos on YouTube.

Anyways, I'm likely picking up a spare engine this week along with the earlier style exhaust manifold. The hope is for...
  9. Replies
    Views

A lot of the turbo guys will switch to E85 due to...

A lot of the turbo guys will switch to E85 due to the higher effective octane rating. E85 will typically require about 20% more fuel to maintain stoichiometry, as well as advancing ignition timing to...
  10. (Turbo 3A92) T.E.D. - Time Exposed to Danger... Improving safety while overtaking.

With the most recent rises in fuel cost, and a potential for another 25% increase over the summer, North America's love for 6000lb trucks and SUVs means there will be a lot of drivers who no longer...
  11. You still will not get lubrication unless the...

You still will not get lubrication unless the input shaft is spinning.

Source: I may have rebuilt a few transmissions in my day.

12. Replies
    Views

Oh ok, well, then higher numbers are good news....

Oh ok, well, then higher numbers are good news. Lol
  13. 100% DO NOT flat tow any vehicle unless it has...

100% DO NOT flat tow any vehicle unless it has provisions specifically for flat towing. The reason for this is that the bearings inside the transmission will be starved of lubrication. When the...
  14. Replies
    Views

If your fuel/air mixture is already being...

If your fuel/air mixture is already being ignited, you can't ignite it any more. Any perceived gain is just in your head, unless you already had an issue as stated.
  15. Replies
    Views

Modern ignition is beyond adequate on 99.9% of...

Modern ignition is beyond adequate on 99.9% of engines. The only time a more powerful coil was a benefit was in the old days of points ignition where the old school hot rodders were increasing spark...
  16. Replies
    Views

These are the tires that came with the car. My...

These are the tires that came with the car. My first winter, I slid into a curb mangling the steelie, but the tire was ok. I got proper snow tires shortly after. I had these original tires mounted on...
  17. Replies
    Views

3,000 km Road Trip Review.

I wanted to do a YouTube video, but I lacked time to prep for this.

I took my Mirage on a 2,955km road trip from Southern Ontario to Thunder Bay in Northern Ontario last week. That's about 1,477...
  18. Replies
    Views

To remove the radiator cap, you push down and...

To remove the radiator cap, you push down and then turn when the engine is cold. You should have coolant all the way to the top of the rad. The reservoir level is not an indication of coolant level...
  19. The drum over hub design is the more common setup...

The drum over hub design is the more common setup I believe. At least with the cars ive dealt with in the past.

Some some designs are used because they're simpler at vehicle assembly. This might...
  20. My favorite things about the Mirage are the...

My favorite things about the Mirage are the price, fuel mileage, and the fact that it fits into most overhead storage compartments.

It's also the only car that i could ever see myself buy brand...
  21. 21473

22. Slow progress, but the laser cuts are in. Still...

Slow progress, but the laser cuts are in. Still gotta order some 1.5" bends to start making a manifold.
  23. By the looks of the FSM. 1st and 2nd gear are cut...

By the looks of the FSM. 1st and 2nd gear are cut into the input shaft, then 3rd through 5th are pressed on.

On the output shaft, 1st through 5th are pressed on, and the final drive gear is cut as...
  24. Replies
    Views

Ah yes, I read that wrong. I thought it wouldn't...

Ah yes, I read that wrong. I thought it wouldn't go into when completely stopped.

I notice my Mirage is a bit more difficult to engage first gear when already moving. This is likely due to the...
  25. Probably from driving in deep snow. The hub cap...

Probably from driving in deep snow. The hub cap spun in the wheel and pinched the valve stem.
Page 1 of 2 1 2