Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

When I get me an EV, I'm going to tow the below...

When I get me an EV, I'm going to tow the below around with my EV so a) I never run out of charge, b) can charge anywhere, and c) eliminate range anxiety. I'm going to have it custom wired to where...
  2. I bought one a couple years ago after the wife...

I bought one a couple years ago after the wife traded in her optima that I was driving for a sorento and I got stuck driving our pos Armada that the wife was driving. We only had the Armada because...
  3. So can I plead this ticket down I got last...

So can I plead this ticket down I got last Wednesday for inaccurate speedometer? He got me dead to rights as I was passing someone parked in the left lane. Funniest part of the citation was the...
  4. Replies
    Views

True! That's one of the reasons why I love it!

True! That's one of the reasons why I love it!
  5. Gearbox had the wrong oil in it? 5MT shifting problems fixed with thinner oil.

Long story short / TLDR:

I "fixed" my 5-speed's shifting problems by putting a thinner synthetic gear oil in the transmission.

But maybe the problems were caused by the wrong oil in...
  6. Lies! I live next to GrapeVine on the I5 and...

Lies! I live next to GrapeVine on the I5 and the 21 Mirage has no issues. It's high altitude and steep climb. Also went to Sequoia national park in my 2014 manual with 3 people in the car, no...
  7. Review: There's A Seriously Good Case For The 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage (tflcar.com)

I always thought the tflcar.com guys were slightly odd ducks, and now I have proof: a very down to earth review of a rental Mirage!

Starts off...

He even writes about how he asked Mitsu USA...
  8. I think they get angry when they've just spent...

I think they get angry when they've just spent more than $100 USD filling up their guzzler and are ticked off to see someone not as foolish as they are :cool:
  9. Replies
    Views

Sticky: 22177 22178 We loaded up for the beach. 2, 12...

We loaded up for the beach. 2, 12 foot surf rods, 10' paddle board, surf fishing cart and tons of other gear. I can't believe we got it all in!
  10. Just sold my 2000 Chevy Metro 1.0/5-spd. Gone in 60 minutes! Fastest sale ever.

My 2000 Metro winter beater is gone.

And I have NEVER seen so much interest when selling a car before (in several decades of selling about a car a year).

Details:

- 230k km =...
  11. The kindness of our Mirage family is unrivaled. Shout out to K. McKenzie!

Just wanted to share a great story. K McKenzie on Youtube often posts really informative vids about Mirages and Eclipse Crosses. https://youtube.com/channel/UC-cvOclwzJuvOl1q9ntLCfw Check his channel...
  12. A Youtube celebrity called you a complainer! :D...

A Youtube celebrity called you a complainer! :D

I would never wash my typing fingers again after that kind of brush with stardom.
  13. Doug DeMuro comments on my comment/Reddit Ask me anything thread

Finally got a chance to call Dougie a schmuck! Feels good.

14. Replies
    Views

For proof that the Mirage has personality...

For proof that the Mirage has personality compared to the main competition (Spark/Versa in the U.S.), just check out their forums. It's crickets.

The Mirage, maybe a little improbably, has an...
  15. Steve, and anyone else who feels the need to make...

Steve, and anyone else who feels the need to make such comments, please consider:

"Am I adding anything useful to this conversation?"

The pros and cons have already been discussed. If YOU have...
  16. Replies
    Views

If we "old car guys" don't share our knowledge,...

If we "old car guys" don't share our knowledge, the "young car guys" are going to continue to be clueless. Why not learn how things work?

If a person has bothered to start a thread here asking...
  17. I'll take a bow...that review was MINE. :cool: I...

I'll take a bow...that review was MINE. :cool: I was also impressed with the depth of the replies to it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Carefully remove each coil keeping them in the...

Carefully remove each coil keeping them in the order they were removed (they honestly don't have to be in the same order, I just prefer to keep them where they came from, same with the plugs)

Use...
  19. Bonus girlfriend points for noticing!

Bonus girlfriend points for noticing!
  20. Replies
    Views

Nah, it's all looks !!! :D

Nah, it's all looks !!! :D
  21. Replies
    Views

DIY: Adjusting the parking brake

I'm guessing nobody has had this issue yet, but I'm posting it here because someone will eventually need to adjust their parking brake.

Adjusting the parking brake on the Mirage is extremely...
  22. A/C tested at 65 MPH

Since I have a long, fairly flat and boring highway commute I decided to do some testing. After getting onto the highway I reset my manual Mirage DE's fuel tracker and changed the car into one of the...
  23. Kerc, you are my new hero: Jalopnik article on Kerc's defense/review of the Mirage

kerc! I WANT YOUR AUTOGRAPH! I just saw the Jalopnik post entitled:

Standing Tall, Someone Admits To Owning A 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

In which the author expresses amazement that a...
  24. 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage vs. Geo Metro MPG -- fuel economy showdown

http://mirageforum.com/imgs/Mirage-vs-metro-nose-to-nos.jpg

Before the 2014 Mirage came along, the last time a 3-cylinder, 4-seat economy car was available in North America was back in 2000, when...
  25. Mirage is cheapest new car to own/run in Australia, NZ (RACV/RACQ/NRMA)

Two recently announced Australian studies put the Mirage and Suzuki Alto (pictured) head to head at the top of the lowest "total cost of ownership" competition.

Update - Oct 10: A third study (by...
Page 1 of 2 1 2