Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Most spark plug manufacturers apply a coating on...

Most spark plug manufacturers apply a coating on the threads and no longer recommend anti-seize.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/pdf/dyk_5points.pdf
  2. Replies
    Views

Can we please keep our Political discussions off...

Can we please keep our Political discussions off of the public forum and keep them in private messages. Some of us do not want to read it.
  3. Yes, every modern automatic is completely...

Yes, every modern automatic is completely electronic.
  4. The Mirage is the simplest car you can buy in...

The Mirage is the simplest car you can buy in North America right now. Any simpler, and it would certainly reduce sales. I would not want the car to be any simpler than it is now.
  5. Replies
    Views

The volume level displayed is not a percentage of...

The volume level displayed is not a percentage of the full power. It's just an arbitrary number so you have an idea of what the volume of the speakers will be.

Level 45 is 100%.
  6. Replies
    Views

The $20 pads are usually junk just made for...

The $20 pads are usually junk just made for people who are selling the car. If you step it up to the $30-40 range of brake pads you'll find they perform much better and last longer.
  7. Here's a video showing the holes don't line up in...

Here's a video showing the holes don't line up in any position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS8JPpNU8AU
  8. Replies
    Views

Sounds good. I'll update the thread if they sell.

Sounds good. I'll update the thread if they sell.
  9. I took a look this weekend, and found there are...

I took a look this weekend, and found there are several connections beside the dead pedal on our cars. There is only a very small lip on the carpet to keep water from contacting these connections. ...
  10. I'm sorry for your students. From how you have...

I'm sorry for your students. From how you have presented yourself, I don't know how anyone could stand listening to you speak.
  11. Replies
    Views

You'll have to buy the clutch from the dealer...

You'll have to buy the clutch from the dealer right now. Aftermarket clutches will eventually show up. But, even a poorly driven clutch should last 100k. I've seen Honda's with over 200k on the...
  12. Replies
    Views

13. Replies
    Views

The current Chevrolet Spark is a Daewoo Matiz.

The current Chevrolet Spark is a Daewoo Matiz.
  14. :confused: It may deliver more power...

:confused:

It may deliver more power (although I highly doubt substantially more) I just need to see a dyno to believe it. The only thing you have to go after is how you think it "feels".
  15. The stock airbox does not suck in hot air from...

The stock airbox does not suck in hot air from the radiator. Our radiators are offset to the drivers side, and the stock airbox has a snout to pull in cool air. This aftermarket setup here will pull...
  16. Our clutch pedal uses a cable, instead of a...

Our clutch pedal uses a cable, instead of a hydraulic clutch like most cars. The cable will transfer some noise/vibration, and is completely normal.
  17. Replies
    Views

The fuel gauge in all cars is designed like this...

The fuel gauge in all cars is designed like this for a couple reasons.

1. The fuel pump cannot possibly extract every last drop of fuel. There is a strainer on the end of the pump, and It needs...
  18. Replies
    Views

That may be true in more complex electric...

That may be true in more complex electric steering setups, But not in the Mirage. Our cars have an electric motor bolted to the steering column. Heavy cars use an electric motor to pressurize...
  19. Replies
    Views

That is not an oil cooler or catch can. Appears...

That is not an oil cooler or catch can. Appears to be either an EVAP or vacuum canister.
  20. Replies
    Views

It appears to hold wiring on the RHD models. ...

It appears to hold wiring on the RHD models.

http://mirageforum.com/imgs/DSCN0067.jpg