Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Test drove an '18 G4 SE. The armrest seemed...

Test drove an '18 G4 SE. The armrest seemed solid but was thin - width wise. Not an overly comfortable place to rest your arm.

On the positive side, it did come out into the passenger...
  2. We have a '14 Mirage and now the '17 G4 in the...

We have a '14 Mirage and now the '17 G4 in the family. About 90% of our driving is in town and these cars are the perfect solution to our needs. The great turning radius and small size make it...
  3. The plant is growing older and is the only auto...

The plant is growing older and is the only auto plant owned by a foreign manufacturer that has workers represented by the UAW. The plant got a ton of tax "incentives" when it was built, all of which...
  4. I had my navigation unit replaced for a defective...

I had my navigation unit replaced for a defective microphone. Noticed it the day after I took possession.

Dealership had to order a new unit and got it in 2 days. 2nd unit has worked perfectly....
  5. Replies
    Views

Hard to replace those old Barry Manilow,...

Hard to replace those old Barry Manilow, Airsupply mix tapes.
  6. Replies
    Views

Rental Kia Rio vs. Mitsubishi Mirage ES

I own a '14 Mirage ES with navigation. On a recent trip to California I rented a '14 Kia Rio for 2 weeks.

Here is my comparison of the 2 vehicles:

Features

The Kia had far fewer features...
  7. Replies
    Views

Even if you had to stick your foot out of the...

Even if you had to stick your foot out of the driver's door and push, I'd still use my A/C.

The Mirage seems to do fine with the A/C running around town and at highway speeds. Probably take a...
  8. Replies
    Views

Have you checked Crutchfield's site? They have...

Have you checked Crutchfield's site?

They have a "what fits my car" feature that lets you specify front or back speakers. From those listed, you can determine the depth of the recommended...
  9. Dealers aim to get you into a car as soon as they...

Dealers aim to get you into a car as soon as they can.

Part of this strategy is to keep you from buying elsewhere, or, having time to rethink what you are doing.

Part of it is to get the...
  10. Replies
    Views

I'm about 6 ft tall and drive with the seats back...

I'm about 6 ft tall and drive with the seats back in their tracks.

In most cars, I have the driver's seat as far back as it will go. In the Mirage, I'm one click from the rear most position.
  11. I don't know if it is due to the quality of the...

I don't know if it is due to the quality of the A\C unit or the fact that the Mirage has a small passenger cabin, but both my wife and I have commented on how cold the A\C is in the Mirage.

Only...
  12. Not a good practice to take the car before the...

Not a good practice to take the car before the paperwork is signed and you have a copy for your records.

Running your credit is a red flag as they can use that as a way to jack up the interest...
  13. Replies
    Views

It was apparently designed for the Yaris as a...

It was apparently designed for the Yaris as a direct fit. The nub at the bottom must fit into a hole in the Yaris console.

The Mirage cup holder doesn't have this notch at the bottom. Otherwise...
  14. I use the dealer for oil changes. More expensive...

I use the dealer for oil changes. More expensive than doing it your self, but I minimize cost by using my local dealer who offers free popcorn and soda/coffee in their waiting area.

I figure the...
  15. Replies
    Views

People have a tendency to defend the things they...

People have a tendency to defend the things they have purchased.

Mirage owners probably defend the Mirage more than average due to the attacks it has suffered by reviewers.

Personally, I...
  16. Replies
    Views

My Mirage has navigation. The navigation unit...

My Mirage has navigation. The navigation unit offers verbal notification when you exceed the speed limit. You can customize it to give you some cushion over the limit before notification, or, turn...
  17. Replies
    Views

Seems like the reviewer spent more time trying to...

Seems like the reviewer spent more time trying to develop clever insults than anything else.

I looked at several competing cars and found the interior of the Mirage superior to anything else. The...
  18. We bought our Mirage about a month ago. At that...

We bought our Mirage about a month ago. At that time, my local dealer had the biggest stock on hand. About 6 Mirages, mostly DE. Only one ES with Navigation on the lot.

Today, they have a...
  19. One of the pizza chains in our town bought a...

One of the pizza chains in our town bought a Mirage in each color for use as delivery vehicles. They also have a fleet of MIEV electric vehicles.

We looked at the pizza fleet when we were...
  20. Replies
    Views

Very well done review. You're experience...

Very well done review.

You're experience tracks with mine. Like all cars, if you learn the limits of the vehicle and stay within them, you'll have a safe and enjoyable driving experience.
  21. Replies
    Views

We have an ES with the purple/black seats. ...

We have an ES with the purple/black seats. Material seems nice and seats are comfortable.

Sat in a DE atthe dealership and thought the seat material was of good quality. The ES seats seemed to...
  22. All cars use the a\c in the defrost cycle. ...

All cars use the a\c in the defrost cycle. Removes the moisture from the air.
  23. Replies
    Views

I have a feeling that your next move will be to...

I have a feeling that your next move will be to upgrade those OEM speakers with some nice components. After a few weeks of this upgrade, you'll probably start wondering what things would sound like...
  24. Replies
    Views

This is a grey area. Dealers usually tell people...

This is a grey area. Dealers usually tell people that anything aftermarket done to the vehicle that is not done by their shop will void the warranty.

This tends to scare people into using their...
  25. Probably a conscious decision by Mitsubishi to...

Probably a conscious decision by Mitsubishi to enhance the power steering to enable easy handling in city driving vs road feel on the highway. The car isn't a land yacht by any means, so probably...
Page 1 of 2 1 2