Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I agree with the likes. On the negatives:...

I agree with the likes.

On the negatives: Uncomfortable driver's seat? I find the driver's seat very comfortable, and I am in it for 2 or 3 hours every day. I am tall and broad across the back,...
  2. Last night I was driving home and a car pulled up...

Last night I was driving home and a car pulled up behind me at the traffic lights, then turned their high beam on for aboutt 10 seconds before turning it off again.

I thought this was rather...
  3. Replies
    Views

Hey Charlie, similar story with my 2014 Mirage. I...

Hey Charlie, similar story with my 2014 Mirage. I am also a very defensive driver but I got rear-ended hard enough to write my car off. The car that hit me and also the car in front of me (that I got...
  4. My 7-year-old daughter loves my car and she wants...

My 7-year-old daughter loves my car and she wants it to be hers when she starts driving.

That means I get to keep it for another 9-and-a-bit years.
  5. I've owned a May 2014 build sedan which I did...

I've owned a May 2014 build sedan which I did about 4,000 km in, and I've currently got a March 2016 build sedan. Both 5 speed manual.

Differences are slight. I heard that they improved the sound...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I paid A$10,850 for a brand new Mirage at the end...

I paid A$10,850 for a brand new Mirage at the end of December 2015. That's US$8153 at the current exchange rate. It was a May 2014 build, which is why I guess they wanted to get it off their books.
  7. Racked up 200 km as of this morning.

Racked up 200 km as of this morning.
  8. Cinder, my last Mirage was only 4 months old when...

Cinder, my last Mirage was only 4 months old when it was written off last month. Fuel economy was between around 5.7 and 5.9 litres/100km over a full tank, driving in heavy city traffic most of the...
  9. Here it is. I picked it up Saturday (June 25)...

Here it is.

I picked it up Saturday (June 25) morning. It's a March 2016 build. 5 speed manual, like the last one.

Alloy wheels and fog lights are standard on the base model here.

I really...
  10. Replies
    Views

I got rear-ended by a Subaru last month, hard...

I got rear-ended by a Subaru last month, hard enough that my 4-months-old Mirage sedan was a write-off. It was in a 70 km/h (44 mph) zone and the driver hadn't even seen me or touched her brakes.
  11. My new Mirage is being delivered to the dealer in...

My new Mirage is being delivered to the dealer in Sydney tomorrow. The insurance company had to source it from interstate. The manual sedans are in short supply apparently.

Colour is Cyber Blue. I...
  12. Officially written off. Now to go through the...

Officially written off.

Now to go through the claims process and hopefully get a new Mirage at the end of it.
  13. My sister's first new car was an early 1980s...

My sister's first new car was an early 1980s Mitsubishi Colt. Prior to that she had an ancient Humber Vogue. The Colt was a 3-speed auto (a step up from the 2-speed auto in the Humber) so I don't...
  14. In Australia manual cars are 13% overall in 2014...

In Australia manual cars are 13% overall in 2014 compared to 33% in 2000.

I did a check of used 2014 and 2015 Mirages for sale on the most popular car sales website (carsales.com.au). 225...
  15. Replies
    Views

My wife was dead against me buying a Mirage. ...

My wife was dead against me buying a Mirage.

This is despite the fact that I bought her a new 7-seat SUV 17 months ago, and I'm still paying it off.

She wanted me to buy something bigger, like...
  16. Hey, thanks, I just saw "my" new composite thread...

Hey, thanks, I just saw "my" new composite thread and I like it.

Today, by coincidence, I parked my car next to a Toyota Corolla sedan, around 2005 model, similar colour to my Mirage. It is...
  17. Thread: Newbie

by Mirage_Sydney
    Replies
    Views

Australian (Sydney) here. I have a base model...

Australian (Sydney) here. I have a base model Mirage sedan, red and manual that I picked up less than 3 weeks ago. I think you made the right choice with the manual.

80 km (50 miles) each-way is a...
  18. Mirage G4 sedan owner's review / impressions (base trim, 5-speed, 1.2L)

I have a new Australian spec Mirage sedan (manual). When I say "new", I mean that I drove it out of the showroom 2 weeks ago with 21 km on the odometer... but the car was manufactured...
  19. Thanks MetroMPG. I have a new Australian spec...

Thanks MetroMPG.

I have a new Australian spec Mirage sedan (manual). When I say "new", I mean that I drove it out of the showroom 2 weeks ago with 21 km on the odometer... but the car was...