Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I have some pictures showing this in THIS...

I have some pictures showing this in THIS post.

For anyone new reading this: Remember this funky drum brake adjuster mechanism was only used on 2014-2015 Mirages built for North America.
  2. It doesn’t always have to be backed off but it...

It doesn’t always have to be backed off but it sometimes helps. I’ve had some with sticky e-brake cables.
  3. I just pulled my drums off a few days ago to...

I just pulled my drums off a few days ago to check the shoes. Without moving the shoes or touching anything, I still needed to "persuade" one of the drums back on. I set the drum on the stub axle...
  4. I bought 1 brand new Bridgestone Ecopia...

I bought 1 brand new Bridgestone Ecopia (185-60-15) from them for $40 shipped a couple of years ago. The tire was perfect...but it was something like 2 or 3 years old. I bought it as an emergency...
  5. I just replaced my right (passenger) front wheel...

I just replaced my right (passenger) front wheel bearing at 115,000 miles. It wasn't horrible (no play in it) but it was making that howling noise and urinating me off. So I changed it.

It was...
  6. Tis a good thread. My car is still new-ish (25k...

Tis a good thread. My car is still new-ish (25k miles) so I don't have any value in this thread. But I will say, as big a proponent as I am of Toyota, the 2004 Corolla I owned did have a right rear...
  7. I replaced the right front bearing on my 2015 at...

I replaced the right front bearing on my 2015 at 99,000 miles. It was making a little noise but not real bad.
    The left side bearing is still quiet at 102,000 miles.
  8. ya, a bearing is almost zero play, there's really...

ya, a bearing is almost zero play, there's really nowhere for the balls or races to go regardless of the hit intensity. Now, things like sand are another story. Even stainless steel like the bearings...
  9. Do you live in an area where they use salt or...

Do you live in an area where they use salt or other de-icing agents??? I think this would be a bigger factor in bearing failure then pot-holes, but yes, a heavy impact on a bearing from a large...
  10. I think, with only 45,000 miles on my 2017 my RR...

I think, with only 45,000 miles on my 2017 my RR bearing is on the way out. I'm pulling all the wheels this spring to check linings and flex lines and bearings. I just hope I can go to May w/o...
  11. My 2017 has 143,000 miles with all original...

My 2017 has 143,000 miles with all original bearings so far.
  12. Replies
    Views

I've almost always got them running that way....

I've almost always got them running that way. Usually, when they're outside they fire up by just flooring it. When I bring them into the shop cold and then sometimes when I go to pull them out hours...
  13. Has anyone tried swapping their drum shoes from...

Has anyone tried swapping their drum shoes from front-facing (leading) shoes to rear-facing (trailing) shoes and vice versa in an effort to extend the life of the shoes? Well, I did just that today...
  14. Replies
    Views

How do you know which one you get? I have been...

How do you know which one you get? I have been changing my own oil my whole life and consider myself pretty up to date on things and this is the first I have ever heard of this...
  15. Replies
    Views

I used to use the mitsu brand filters that used a...

I used to use the mitsu brand filters that used a pre-greased o-ring seal. I never put oil on them and never had any problems with them. It's fine.
  16. Replies
    Views

If it doesn't leak, I don't think I'd worry about...

If it doesn't leak, I don't think I'd worry about it. You may find the "O" ring may stick to the block on the next filter change , so be careful of that...
  17. I see the service manual also says to never use...

I see the service manual also says to never use an impact to remove axle nuts.
  18. Since the wheel bearings can easily be damaged if...

Since the wheel bearings can easily be damaged if subjected to vehicle weight without the axel nut having being tightened, I would at least get the nut tightened as much as possible with whatever...
  19. Replies
    Views

I'm sure I have a front wheel bearing on the way...

I'm sure I have a front wheel bearing on the way out on my black car. I thought it was the tires, well it was originally. I noticed a slight howl a while back once in a while at around 50-60mph with...
  20. Replies
    Views

I tore the o-ring when I did it for the same...

I tore the o-ring when I did it for the same reason as Fummins. I tried to re-install the cover blindly. Definitely remove the inner fender liner when you do it because the filter housing must be...
  21. It's cool to remember those old cars. You were...

It's cool to remember those old cars. You were right about an Impala symbol being on the left dash of 1966. I just think it's a cool symbol for a car.

Bel Air, Impala, & Caprice were all the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Look at Fummins posts about his fleet. He's only...

Look at Fummins posts about his fleet. He's only had like 3 failures out of what? 40 vehicles? I believe he already has a few over 200k miles or closing in on it? I wonder how many Versa fleet...
  23. Replies
    Views

Oil pan is 14mn while cvt is 12mm, so no, not the...

Oil pan is 14mn while cvt is 12mm, so no, not the same.
  24. Replies
    Views

My car is close to 90,000 miles and I have almost...

My car is close to 90,000 miles and I have almost 5,000 miles on my existing oil. I never add oil between oil changes. Right now it looks like I am down about 1/3 of a quart (about 300 ml).

If...
  25. Replies
    Views

It's only about $38 here... :p 17377

It's only about $38 here... :p

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4