Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

22991 found a pic

22991 found a pic
  2. Whoever brought up the brake dragging, I'm still...

Whoever brought up the brake dragging, I'm still on board with that. Just a mild bit of brake dragging. Not brake smoking dragging ... just a little. But it adds up. One time I went bicycle...
  3. If something is sticking (eg, wheel cylinder,...

If something is sticking (eg, wheel cylinder, brake cable) you'll have to take it apart to lube, clean, adjust or replace it. If something is sticking in the brakes, driving it won't make it...
  4. I’d point out that winter fuel is less efficient...

I’d point out that winter fuel is less efficient and cold weather causes far worse fuel economy but I assume after multiple years you’d have figured that out by now. The other obvious things to check...
  5. Just for a goof, jack up each of the wheels &...

Just for a goof, jack up each of the wheels & give them a spin to make sure you don't have a brake kinda stuck on. You don't say where in Canada you are, but where I live, they use more salt then...
  6. Changing an air filter normally won't make a...

Changing an air filter normally won't make a difference, i basically never get fuel economy in the 4's. Is it possible your winter tires are a different size than your summer ones?

the other...
  7. Replies
    Views

That is just the service reminder. It can be...

That is just the service reminder. It can be turned off or reset. I turned mine off in both my Mirage and Outlander Sport. I find them highly annoying.
  8. Replies
    Views

I’m with atomic punk on this one. I disabled that...

I’m with atomic punk on this one. I disabled that on all the work cars and my own. I just put stickers on the windshields instead.
  9. Replies
    Views

I'm guessing its on an automatic internal clock,...

I'm guessing its on an automatic internal clock, that either resets itself or can be reset by dealer/service tech.
  10. Replies
    Views

Its the number of months until the next service....

Its the number of months until the next service. Check under multi-function display in your owner's manual.
  11. Check this out... 11290 This is a chart...

Check this out...

This is a chart showing overall gas mileage over time for my Mirage DE. Focus on the decreasing leg of the chart where the mileage goes from 38 to 36.5 ish. This leg...
  12. Here's a series of pictures of where the block...

Here's a series of pictures of where the block heater hole is located. You can see the thermostat housing (the big round hole) just to the left of the block heater hole.

It looks like it...
  13. Follow the lower rad hose. It looks like the...

Follow the lower rad hose. It looks like the thermostat housing is under the alternator on the front of the block.
  14. I monitor my coolant temperature through my...

I monitor my coolant temperature through my OBD-II port using an OBDLink LX Bluetooth adapter by ScanTool. It's similar to the ScanGauge tool that many here use but costs less and does more. I got...
  15. Remember that nothing has less rolling resistance...

Remember that nothing has less rolling resistance than a worn out Low Rolling Resistance tire. So even if you replaced your tires with a new set of OEM Enasaves, you would still notice a slight...
  16. Redemption (Mirage named best all around "performance" car -- TTAC freaks out)

Looked around real quick, didn't see this posted.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/04/best-around-performance-car-available-mitsubishi-mirage-apparently/
  17. Replies
    Views

Yes. I do Turo and Lyft with my car. You can set...

Yes. I do Turo and Lyft with my car. You can set your own price with Turo and it's a great way to make extra money. I rent mine for $40 a day. I also make $20 to pick them up at the airport and then...
  18. Replies
    Views

It's the serpentine belt that runs the...

It's the serpentine belt that runs the alternator. You got it wet momentarily so there was some slippage
  19. Replies
    Views

Nah it shouldn't be a problem as long as the...

Nah it shouldn't be a problem as long as the wheels are in good shape. The squeal could well be from the breaks when your car is rebounding back after a stop
  20. You also have larger diameter tires, so you need...

You also have larger diameter tires, so you need to factor that in. You're actually traveling faster than your speedometer reads.

21. Replies
    Views

Are the nordics rated as low rolling resistance?...

Are the nordics rated as low rolling resistance? Either way, you might notice a slight decline in MPGs on a mere 75hp car. However, if these tires do not have much tread life, you might be lucky. My...
  22. Replies
    Views

I guess whether or not it saves money depends on...

I guess whether or not it saves money depends on how long "in the long run" is. The way I see it, if you have the car for many years, the pre-heated engine/oil could pay for itself in engine...
  23. Replies
    Views

haha no worries man, glad to help! I thought...

haha no worries man, glad to help! I thought about getting proper winter tires too, however I didn't see the point in spending money twice once we are done with the winters..which are purdy mild...
  24. Replies
    Views

Umm its a catch 22, the stock dunlops are...

Umm its a catch 22, the stock dunlops are absolute ****. How did they do in snow last year if you had any? If you have the coin and if you're going to drive a lot in snow, look into getting a used...
  25. Replies
    Views

I'd say go with the general RT43s and order them...

I'd say go with the general RT43s and order them from pmctire. Save on taxes (they charge only 5%), no tire levy ($20) and free fast delivery. I had mine delivered to the door in 3 business days from...
Page 1 of 2 1 2