Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

South Main Auto Channel Mirage repair

South Main Auto Channel on YouTube went through the diagnosis of an EVAP system problem on a 2015 Mirage about a week ago in case anyone is interested in viewing. ...
  2. akawendystorm maybe a neighbor has been stealing...

akawendystorm maybe a neighbor has been stealing a gallon or two out of your gas tank here and there to run his lawn mower or snow mobile?
  3. I saw in the Red Line Light Weight Shock Proof...

I saw in the Red Line Light Weight Shock Proof instructions that it says it's "not recommended for most syncro-type transmissions"
  4. A thing to keep in mind about car washes is that,...

A thing to keep in mind about car washes is that, unless you know for sure otherwise, they recycle their wash water in order to conserve water and save on water heating costs. They filter the...
  5. Replies
    Views

When you go to buy that it's usually referred to...

When you go to buy that it's usually referred to as a Sway Bar Link and you'll get the bolt, nut, the rubber bushings, and the washers all in the kit. I would replaced the links on both ends of the...
  6. That kind of sounds like one of the heat shields...

That kind of sounds like one of the heat shields on the exhaust system vibrating.
  7. Replies
    Views

In post #6 of this thread the OP stated that one...

In post #6 of this thread the OP stated that one of the aftermarket additions that came with the car was "led strips parking lights".
    Barring the possibility that some wires have rubbed through and...
  8. Thread: P0876

by daleWV
    Replies
    Views

From the CVT section of the Service Manual. ...

From the CVT section of the Service Manual.

P0963 Malfunction of the line pressure solenoid valve (open circuit/ short to power supply)
    P0971 Malfunction of the primary pressure solenoid...
  9. 44 ± 11 N·m or 32 ± 8 ft-lb

44 ± 11 N·m or
    32 ± 8 ft-lb
  10. Replies
    Views

I believe that switch (sensor) is part of the...

I believe that switch (sensor) is part of the liftgate latch assembly.
  11. I haven't seen it in my Mirage but had a similar...

I haven't seen it in my Mirage but had a similar condition in my Honda Goldwing motorcycle. It has an automotive style alternator and when the bike got up around 120k miles it was intermittently not...
  12. Intermittent like that sort of reminds me of...

Intermittent like that sort of reminds me of worn-out brushes in the alternator.
  13. Replies
    Views

I'm afraid the offset on those wheels is...

I'm afraid the offset on those wheels is completely wrong. Standard offset on the Mirage is positive 46mm. A negative offset of 6 mm would have the wheel 52mm outwards from where it needs to be.
  14. If it is a loose belt a real easy way to check is...

If it is a loose belt a real easy way to check is to turn your headlights on for 5 or 10 minutes before you start your car. This would put a small drain on the battery that the alternator would try...
  15. Replies
    Views

Inuvik I was able to make this procedure work in...

Inuvik I was able to make this procedure work in my 2017! It took about 10 tries before it took but it DID work. On the successful try, for step 4 and 5, I held the Unlock button for 6 seconds...
  16. Replies
    Views

Keep in mind that the metal gasket on the new...

Keep in mind that the metal gasket on the new plugs takes a little force to flatten. The gasket on the old plugs would have already been flattened and would make it feel like it came to a sudden...
  17. Replies
    Views

The fact that this happens when you step on the...

The fact that this happens when you step on the brakes makes me wonder if you have recently replaced the incandescent brake light bulbs with LED versions? Sometimes cheap LED bulbs can cause...
  18. Replies
    Views

Check this thread, it could cause your problem. ...

Check this thread, it could cause your problem. Worth a try. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/2716-odd-thing-happening-in-2015-mirage-es
  19. Replies
    Views

I wish he could have answered those questions. I...

I wish he could have answered those questions. I imagine he has his oil pan back on now though since this thread looks to be about a year old.
  20. Just taking a wild guess here, by any chance did...

Just taking a wild guess here, by any chance did they replace any of the tail/brake light bulbs when you had the service done on your car? It appears from the electrical diagrams in the service...
  21. My '17 with roller cam makes the very same...

My '17 with roller cam makes the very same startup noise that the two '15s that I had did. That being said I am much more inclined to believe that the startup noise is coming from inside the MIVEC...
  22. Replies
    Views

21371 This is copied from the 2015 Service...

This is copied from the 2015 Service manual, I don't know for sure if it applies to your model or not.
    I think the dust shield would at least need to be loosened to make room for the stud to...
  23. Thread: Ford Escape?

by daleWV
    Replies
    Views

Just used with utility trailer so far. I've had...

Just used with utility trailer so far. I've had 1,700 lb of scrap metal in the trailer that weighs about 400 lb itself so slightly over a ton, and it handled that just fine.
  24. Replies
    Views

21034 The arrows on the drawing show the...

The arrows on the drawing show the current flow down through the horn relay coil, and over through the diode from the (A)node to the (C)athode and on through to the high beam relay coil when...
  25. Replies
    Views

I think I would save adding the complexity of...

I think I would save adding the complexity of additional relay circuit and simply run a diode from the horn relay coil to the high beam relay coil. With the anode of the diode connect to the horn...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4