Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The easiest and cheapest thing possible, would be...

The easiest and cheapest thing possible, would be to check the air pressure. If you travel on bad roads, keep the pressure not lower than 40psi.
  2. Replies
    Views

I would try to match tire pairs on each axle as...

I would try to match tire pairs on each axle as close as possible. I used up a pair of my original factory Dunlops along with a pair of cheaper Federal SS657 tires. I currently have a pair of...
  3. Replies
    Views

If you tried to destroy a rim on purpose with a...

If you tried to destroy a rim on purpose with a hydraulic press, a steel rim will bend. An alloy rim will shatter. It's like comparing aluminum arrows to carbon arrows. Aluminum arrows can be...
  4. Replies
    Views

Did you hit a big pothole to cause the tire to...

Did you hit a big pothole to cause the tire to burst? If so and if you have the steel rims, I would be willing to bet your rim is bent. The steelies are not very stout. This can cause an "out of...
  5. Replies
    Views

Maybe they have just higher air pressure than...

Maybe they have just higher air pressure than before? With higher air pressure the ride is a bit more bumpy and pothole damage potentially decreased, but the mpg gets better. For that reason, mine...
  6. Replies
    Views

I would be more suspicious of the replacement...

I would be more suspicious of the replacement tire not being balanced correctly. Sounds like a tire out of balance.
  7. Replies
    Views

How can a warranty be denied if you are using...

How can a warranty be denied if you are using fluid that meets the manufacturers specs? I used the factory fluid maybe on 2 cars until we found stuff that met the specs mitsubishi demands. The...
  8. Replies
    Views

Don't do it man.. spending less which could lead...

Don't do it man.. spending less which could lead to more expensive cvt replacement. A warranty claim will be denied if Mits fluid wasn't used.
  9. I've had a few kumhos and nothing but good.

I've had a few kumhos and nothing but good.
  10. Not dumb at all. I should have mentioned that I...

Not dumb at all. I should have mentioned that I used the mitsubishi stuff at first until I found a much
  11. Replies
    Views

That sounds like a case of low pressure in one or...

That sounds like a case of low pressure in one or more tires that is right on the edge. FYI...the light comes on when any of the 4 tires has a pressure below 27.4 psi according to the service...
  12. Replies
    Views

According to GPS, at 50mph on the speedometer, I...

According to GPS, at 50mph on the speedometer, I am going 51.5 MPH.
    Now, this is really splitting hairs. That's with the speedometer needle exactly centered in the 50MPH tick mark.
    With the old...
  13. Replies
    Views

I live near him, I've reached out several times...

I live near him, I've reached out several times with no response
  14. All opinion and subjective. I have a 17 and...

All opinion and subjective.

I have a 17 and find the car perfectly stable and body roll and everything is acceptable for what the car is intended to be. I have put on 18k in a year and not an...
  15. At least if the paint does flake it won't be too...

At least if the paint does flake it won't be too noticable. Lucky for you the bumper is black beneath the paint. Next time I pull a bumper maybe I'll try to do a write up on how to if that hasn't...
  16. I wouldn't hit it with a heat gun until the...

I wouldn't hit it with a heat gun until the support damage underneath is corrected. Going from experience (as I noted above) and the description of the event that caused this I would about guarantee...
  17. Try a heat gun or, failing that, a good...

Try a heat gun or, failing that, a good hairdryer. That will usually get them back into shape unless there is support structure damage underneath.
  18. I agree, this has happened to my son's Mirage...

I agree, this has happened to my son's Mirage twice, on both sides. Required removing the bumper and then pulling the lower supports forward using a come-along. It did leave a small kink in the...
  19. https://youtu.be/J79uO_H0kzo Theres other...

https://youtu.be/J79uO_H0kzo

Theres other methods to repair dents, just see what you can find
  20. I'm gonna say that's the bumper. I've seen that...

I'm gonna say that's the bumper. I've seen that when the bottom of the bumper gets pushed back from hitting parking curbs. The rad supports bent very easy on the bottoms. I pulled the bumper off had...
  21. This is the front fender we're looking...

This is the front fender we're looking at...right? I don't think you're going to be able to make that disappear without bodywork or a new fender. Take it to a shop that does PDR (Paintless Dent...
  22. Replies
    Views

Yeah I seen your location is FL. Yeah probably...

Yeah I seen your location is FL. Yeah probably most snow birds and elderly folks down there don't carry anything to help free you and their buicks probably would be of no help anyway haha.
    I have a...
  23. There is a rear tow hook. The front one screws...

There is a rear tow hook. The front one screws into the little pop off square in the front bumper. It's located with the lug wrench in the spare wheel well.
  24. So did you use your built-in tow hook...

So did you use your built-in tow hook in the front bumper? If it wasn't for this website, I wouldn't even know it existed. :D
  25. Here in rural Oregon pretty commonplace. I...

Here in rural Oregon pretty commonplace. I always carried a tow strap in my Jeep to either assist or get assisted. But then again, it's not uncommon for people to carry chainsaws here either. I do...
Page 1 of 2 1 2