Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I don't know why they are green. While waiting...

I don't know why they are green. While waiting for service, I had breakfast at Smitty's. I saw the green signs there and thought they were signs to the washrooms. I was wrong.
    I don't have any...
  2. Replies
    Views

I was at Mitsubishi this morning for service on...

I was at Mitsubishi this morning for service on the 2014 Mirage. I saw this red 2023 Mirage GT in the showroom. If my wife had been along, she would have been drooling over the new one. That would...
  3. Replies
    Views

I hadn't been on this forum for a few years until...

I hadn't been on this forum for a few years until I started this thread. It is great to see MetroMPG and other long time contributors along with newer members. Everyone has made this a very good...
  4. Replies
    Views

You guys are very sharp to notice the very good...

You guys are very sharp to notice the very good fuel consumption numbers. Yes, it is the CVT transmission. We live in a rural area with local speed limits of 50 and 60 km/hr. The highway has a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Thanks for the replies. We should probably keep...

Thanks for the replies. We should probably keep driving the 2014 since it has been trouble free and is no longer depreciating significantly. The main reason to buy the 2023 is to get a new car...
  6. Replies
    Views

This just happened in my 2014 Mirage. Pushing in...

This just happened in my 2014 Mirage. Pushing in the yellow fuse box fixed it. Thanks to Mark and 3dplane on the linked thread. I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but a 30 second search...
  7. Replies
    Views

I think you missed OPs problem -- it was snow and...

I think you missed OPs problem -- it was snow and ice build up in the wheels.
  8. Replies
    Views

You could also drive on highways with lower speed...

You could also drive on highways with lower speed limits. I would never drive at 85 mph with anything on a roof rack because of the huge force that is trying to rip it off the roof.
  9. Your graph matches the graph in the Speed vs. MPG...

Your graph matches the graph in the Speed vs. MPG thread except for the points at 110 km/hr and 120 km/hr where your fuel consumption was a lot higher.
  10. Thanks for the review, Metro. Your comments on...

Thanks for the review, Metro. Your comments on the CVT are right on. The CVT characteristics might be unique to the Mirage. A few people I know have driven other cars with CVT and hated the CVT...
  11. Darin - based on Vespa's comparison of the 2015...

Darin - based on Vespa's comparison of the 2015 to the 2017 Mirage, you definitely should borrow a 2014 or 2015 for comparison.
  12. I can put my Dahon folding bike in my 2014 Mirage...

I can put my Dahon folding bike in my 2014 Mirage and the cargo cover will still drop into place. Who needs big wheels?
  13. I find that the MID is surprising accurate...

I find that the MID is surprising accurate considering the technology involved. In my case it is usually within 2% of the actual. Individual fill-ups are not very accurate because it is impossible...
  14. I have the CVT and much prefer it to a manual. I...

I have the CVT and much prefer it to a manual. I had never driven a CVT before the Mirage, and I heard horror stories about CVTs in other cars. The Mirage CVT is programmed to work perfectly to...
  15. Replies
    Views

I agree that he is spouting nonsense. If I drive...

I agree that he is spouting nonsense. If I drive at 60 km/hr, my fuel consumption is less than 3.5 l/100 km (67 mpg US). The graph is correct. 1.2 l with CVT.
  16. I can confirm that the factory installed fog...

I can confirm that the factory installed fog lights work that way, too. No fogs without low beams.
  17. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I'm no expert, but here is what I envision is...

I'm no expert, but here is what I envision is going on when you decelerate to a stop. During deceleration, there is no fuel going to the engine so it is not firing at all. Then before you stop, the...
  18. My question is why won't Mitsubishi act on...

My question is why won't Mitsubishi act on complaints about clocks that don't keep time? Many on this forum have the problem, but some have clocks that do keep time. I want one of those.
  19. Your reminder got me to put in my data today. ...

Your reminder got me to put in my data today. Nagging works (sometimes).
  20. Success! You can go back to loving your car.

Success! You can go back to loving your car.
  21. I agree with MetroMPG. After nearly 40 fill-ups,...

I agree with MetroMPG. After nearly 40 fill-ups, the fuel consumption indicator B is 2 - 4% lower (l/100 km) than the actual calculated consumption.
  22. Replies
    Views

Mitsubishi Mirage breaks fuel-efficiency record

This just showed up on Google News page.

http://www.manilatimes.net/mitsubishi-mirage-breaks-fuel-efficiency-record/166639/
  23. Replies
    Views

From my warranty book. "This warranty is...

From my warranty book. "This warranty is provided to the original and subsequent owners(s) of the Vehicle distributed by Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada Inc. and sold by MMSCAN Authorized...
  24. Replies
    Views

2015 Mirage on Greenest Cars list (ACEEE)

I don't think this has been posted. This is a list of the 12 greenest 2015 cars in US from greenercars.org. The Mirage is the only one that is non-electric, non-hybrid, or non-compressed natural...
  25. Replies
    Views

Electric Element in Heater

In the thread "Interesting Mirage Quirks", 3plane wrote about the electric heating elements in the car heater. I recall that he said that they provide quicker heat to the car interior and faster...
Page 1 of 2 1 2