Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. It’s all good! We all suffer from foot-in-mouth...

It’s all good! We all suffer from foot-in-mouth disease at some point!!

Even though I haven’t had my Mirage in several years, I still get email alerts and updates. I like to stay on top of what...
  2. Replies
    Views

No problem. It doesn't help any that my mind...

No problem. It doesn't help any that my mind goes faster than my old fingers can type so........
  3. Replies
    Views

A simple way to stop that MAP sensor from...

A simple way to stop that MAP sensor from freaking out electrically due to the presence of boost pressure is to install a MAP clamp. This is a Zener diode which when installed right, will prevent...
  4. If he were to do that, your car will not run...

If he were to do that, your car will not run right at all, unless you have a way to completely reprogram the factory computer to handle the change in air flow going across the MAF sensor. Besides,...
  5. Replies
    Views

I sold my Mirage and the reason why

As some of you may know, I purchased my 2014 Mirage ES in July of 2014. It suited my needs perfectly and I enjoyed the car as well as the fuel economy that it gave me.

Fast forward about a year...
  6. Replies
    Views

underseat subwoofer and MAF adaptor

First off is a MAF adaptor straight from Daox. I have not installed this so it is still brand new. $25 shipped to you

Second is my subwoofer setup that I custom built to go under my...
  7. Replies
    Views

I need to re-adjust the tension on my belt. Here...

I need to re-adjust the tension on my belt. Here lately it has been squeeling a lot when driving through water and it used to never do that. My Mirage is sitting at 33,000 miles so it is probably...
  8. Replies
    Views

Octane requirements also vary with atmospheric...

Octane requirements also vary with atmospheric conditions. A car may knock and ping on 87 octane in the desert in the summer going up a steep grade, but 87 octane maybe too high in the winter time...
  9. Poll: I have those in the rear springs of my mirage. ...

I have those in the rear springs of my mirage. All it does for me is make the rear suspension bottoming out be less painful. I normally carry a lot of things in the hatch of my mirage so it tends...
  10. Replies
    Views

It stated on the recall notice that I got that 2...

It stated on the recall notice that I got that 2 possible outcomes would occur from the recall. Either the computer would be reflashed or the engine would be replaced.

The recalls were done...
  11. Thread: Car Audio Subs

by 91cavgt
    Replies
    Views

Yeah, it suddenly stopped working and stunk...

Yeah, it suddenly stopped working and stunk really bad!
  12. Replies
    Views

It does appear as though this is normal. It took...

It does appear as though this is normal. It took my mirage a little over an entire summer for it to stop making the noise. Since I live in texas, it got a LOT of use. I can't speak as to if anyone...
  13. Earlier I had found that the ASAS models had a...

Earlier I had found that the ASAS models had a slightly bigger battery and an alternator that was rated at only 10 amps more than the standard model.
  14. You would have to dyno the car with one type of...

You would have to dyno the car with one type of fuel, leave and switch over to another type of fuel and drive the car for at least about 3 tanks of fuel before dynoing again.
  15. Caution, science material ahead. The human...

Caution, science material ahead.

The human ear can hear a lot and can distinguish a lot, but only in narrow db(decibel) ranges. If you get too quiet, say below about 60 db it gets harder to...
  16. Not quit true. There are several vehicles(not...

Not quit true. There are several vehicles(not just American) that can adjust, in a round about way, for octane. You even mentioned how they do it in your post. The knock sensor. All modern...
  17. First off, settle down. There is absolutely no...

First off, settle down. There is absolutely no reason to slam someone like you just did.

Second, I thank you for not just taking what people state as fact and questioning things (even if I...
  18. Replies
    Views

According to Motor Trend, the weight distribution...

According to Motor Trend, the weight distribution is 61% front, 39% rear. Here is the link that shows it.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2014-mitsubishi-mirage-first-test/
  19. Replies
    Views

I don't believe the cats are a restriction at...

I don't believe the cats are a restriction at all, regardless of what the dyno shows. A logical explanation for a large increase in power when the second cat was removed is due to exhaust...
  20. I guess Mitsubishi changed things because my car...

I guess Mitsubishi changed things because my car did not have those plastic parts you refer to. Either way, yours looks better than mine! Great job!
  21. Poll: The response seems to be from someone who does...

The response seems to be from someone who does not know that the rear alignment is not adjustable. Your original email only made a short mention of this fact, which can be easily looked over. Might...
  22. Replies
    Views

:D There are some things that the internet is...

:D

There are some things that the internet is GREAT for figuring out how to do things and to save a bit of money. When it comes to wiring though, something as simple as a bad crimp can increase...
  23. Replies
    Views

The only way Mitsubishi would do this is if the...

The only way Mitsubishi would do this is if the new roller cam part and all related hardware supercedes the old cam and hardware. This I feel is a VERY, VERY long shot and not likely to occur.
  24. Replies
    Views

I agree completely with this. Several...

I agree completely with this.

Several years ago I was showing off how well my Cavalier cornered with a friend in the car. I took a corner just a touch wide and ended up in the gravel on the...
  25. Poll: One thing is for certain. If you are unsure of...

One thing is for certain. If you are unsure of your alignment, routine tire rotations will help to prevent premature tire wear. I was rotating my tires every 5,000 miles and did not notice the odd...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4