Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. The charm or appeal of the Mirage is lost in the...

The charm or appeal of the Mirage is lost in the marketing of the vehicle. Car critics tend to test the top trim level of vehicles & leave out the sales incentives. If I was comparing a...
  2. Uh oh... Mirage "worst" in several insurance claim categories: IIHS

Apparently bad news from the U.S. IIHS about insurance claims frequency covering 2013-2015 model years...

Mirage comes up as the worst vehicle for: Highest claim frequency: Personal injury...
  3. Wow! A NOT TERRIBLE review of the Mirage by somebody who understands it!

This has probably appeared elsewhere in syndication but I am impressed with the even-handedness of this review.
  4. Replies
    Views

P185-60R14 Tires. 175-65 vs 185-60

So I've made the swap from 165-65 to 175-65 and was very happy. Now I ran across two brand new 185-60s and figured I would try them, I've been still running 165-65 oem size on the rear (I keep...
  5. I took off the roof mouldings today... knowing...

I took off the roof mouldings today... knowing under those have been dirt and places for rust starting in past vehicles. I used a 90 degree plastic removal tool and popped each up on both ends and on...
  6. Replies
    Views

Observing Used retail Mirages

Living in NY we get our fair share of salt and chemical treatment I noticed some retailed used mirages 14 and 15 models are decently rusty underneath. So if anyone considers purchasing a used a...
  7. Replies
    Views

1 year since bought 2014 CVT ..... a review

Hey all, I bought my 2014 base model CVT for (USD) $7999.00 last August with 20,500 miles. It was my commuter car for 6 months and then wife and now daughter in college drives it. I have had...
  8. Bittersweet upgrade, let me tell you about my 2017 Mirage G4.

Monday, I purchased my third ever Mitsubishi. Previously, I had a rough-and-tumble 1988 Mighty Max, which was this little truck with manual steering, low gears, a 2.0 liter engine, and anomalously,...
  9. I did not have time to do all the measurements...

I did not have time to do all the measurements and stuff since the car was due for it's first oil change and I did not want it going in there with spring stiffeners on the rear coils to keep the rear...
  10. Replies
    Views

Me also had a few Suzuki Swift (Metros), and I...

Me also had a few Suzuki Swift (Metros), and I agree to most of the previous posts.

May I point out two things.
    If a Metro clutch needs a lot of force, it is usually the fault of one certain...
  11. 2017 Mirage front brake job: some interesting observations (2017 pad retrofit doable)

So a buddy and coworker of mine bought an Infrared 2017 Mirage ES CVT this past summer. He loves it. A couple weeks ago he asked me about a noise he was getting from the right front wheel. I asked...
  12. Replies
    Views

Super Budget Friendly Wheels

Okay everyone!

Finally have the wheels finished, painted, tires mounted, and put onto the car.

I am overall pretty happy with them. They are certainly not stanced, flashy, head turning, or by...
  13. Of this group, I have owned the Mini and Yaris...

Of this group, I have owned the Mini and Yaris iA. I have also test driven the newest Spark, the 500 (Abarth) as well as the Mirage sedan and hatchback. All are good cars, all have merits. All...
  14. Replies
    Views

5,000 Mile Oil Analysis

Here is my most recent oil analysis. I had my first analysis done at 1,000 miles when the oil was full of break-in materials (those numbers are shown on the report below). So this is my first...
  15. Replies
    Views

Our own testing shows that you won't get the same...

Our own testing shows that you won't get the same mileage at 65 or 75.

Speed vs mpg charts

http://mirageforum.com/imgs/graph-speed-mpg-mirage-cvt-5mt.jpg
  16. Replies
    Views

I would use the existing horn wire for the relay...

I would use the existing horn wire for the relay coil, and then come right off the battery with an inline fuse for the actual load wire.
  17. Replies
    Views

I had a 2014 mirage and a 2014 spark both for...

I had a 2014 mirage and a 2014 spark both for about a year and there area few things the spark does have over the mitsu. Here in the rust belt the mitsu started to rust on the undercarriage after...
  18. Replies
    Views

I also like the looks of the 2016. But I didn't...

I also like the looks of the 2016. But I didn't realize they had so many problems. :eek:

There are reasons to favor the Mirage over the Spark...but 14" wheels isn't one of them! :D

Right...
  19. New 2017 Mirage SE vs 2015 Mirage ES (comparison of differences/improvements)

I have owned a 2015 Mirage ES for the past two years. I have had zero troubles and it has been an excellent car. This past weekend I traded it in for a new 2017 Mirage SE. I opted for the same color...
  20. Replies
    Views

Thanks again for your insight, 3dplane. Now...

Thanks again for your insight, 3dplane.

Now that we are back from visiting, I set up a crude alignment check using some common hardware. I took a bunch of photos and saved them to one of my photo...
  21. Just a reminder, guys...don't neglect those cabin air filters!

I stumbled across a video on how to change the cabin air filters on our cars, and decided on a whim to check mine. I didn't expect to see much, since it is not particularly dusty around here and the...
  22. Link System | Fuse | HFM (Hands Free Module) - Software Update

Part 1: Origins

I've been frustrated by slow load times with my USB memory, so I started reading what I could find online. I've been researching the Link System equipment that handles the USB and...
  23. Replies
    Views

Assuming you put these on 15 x 6.5 wheels with a...

Assuming you put these on 15 x 6.5 wheels with a 40mm offset (A Konig Helium or similar wheel), it doesn't look like you would have any clearance issues. I went to the website...
  24. Replies
    Views

If the oil filter you are using doesn't have a...

If the oil filter you are using doesn't have a anti drain back flap (such as the OEM filter or if it's not functioning properly) you'll get valve train noise until the oil pump refills the filter and...
  25. Replies
    Views

Your mileage will improve a little after the...

Your mileage will improve a little after the engine "breaks in". If much of your commuting is short duration you might consider adding a Kat's cartridge block heater. No mechanical know how really...
Page 1 of 2 1 2