Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Here's everything that was/is wrong with my $2600 Mirage

https://mirageforum.com/forum/images/dto_garage/users/1/4775.jpg

For those who may not know, my Mirage is an "as-is special" that I picked up for $2600 (plus tax) from a Toronto area Toyota...
  2. Thread: 155 Width Tires?

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

155 Width Tires?

Before you go thinking I'm totally nuts, bear in mind that my car has been lightened to 1900 pounds. That's about 10% lighter than the typical 2100 pound Mirage. 10% narrower than the factory 165...
  3. Replies
    Views

Only Hypermilers Understand

When I was a teen and 20-something, every trip I took was all about getting there as quickly as possible. The longer the trip, the more critical it was that I "break a record" by doing it faster than...
  4. Replies
    Views

Sleeping platform in Mirage(more pics)

These pics show clearance at gear shifter. I will
    eventually cut out a portion of the shelf to allow 5th gear and reverse to be accessed. I want to be able, to leave in a hurry if I have to,...
  5. Thread: Warm Air Intake

by Daox
    Replies
    Views

Well, the WAI I've been running is REALLY working...

Well, the WAI I've been running is REALLY working well lately. Here is a shot of one of my recent trips. The intake air temp is up to 150F. A later trip in the day actually got up to 170F. This...
  6. The farther the engine is from normal operating...

The farther the engine is from normal operating temperature (~180F), the longer it takes to warm up. The longer the engine takes to warm up, the more fuel it burns. Anything done to speed up warm...
  7. Replies
    Views

I've driven for a few days with the new hood...

I've driven for a few days with the new hood gasket. I am liking it. It has helped increase my WAI temperatures about 5-10F. I used to see a solid 40F above ambient. Now, I am seeing a fairly...
  8. Replies
    Views

Low Heat Output - New Heater Core Denied

EDIT - If you aren't familiar with the heater core issues in 2014-2015 Mirages, see the PDF attached to the bottom of this post. This is an explanation/summary of the issue complete with pictures...
  9. Replies
    Views

I think your suggestion & Mitz's seal strip...

I think your suggestion & Mitz's seal strip suggestions are great!
  10. Replies
    Views

Mirage vs. Tesla: carbon footprint

I thought of this forum when I recently stumbled on the image below on the web. Depending on how electricity is generated, a Mirage may have a smaller carbon footprint than a Tesla!
  11. Just ordered today. Of course, I'll have to...

Just ordered today. Of course, I'll have to remove to check air. I may buy valve extensions and drill holes through the cover for them. Not sure yet....
  12. Thread: Warm Air Intake

by Daox
    Replies
    Views

I updated my WAI the other day. The previous...

I updated my WAI the other day. The previous version took very long to warm up. In order to keep it warm, I had to watch how much cabin heat I used. No thanks, haha. So, I got a new 3" diameter...
  13. Replies
    Views

Adding a sandwich type oil warmer to the Mirage

I am thinking about adding a VW TDI sandwich type oil warmer/cooler to my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage.

Of course, the first question to ask is why? Short and simple, for increasing fuel...
  14. Replies
    Views

Engine air intake temperature

I was messing around with my scangauge the other day while driving to work and I pulled up the intake air temperature gauge. I noticed that on my commute I was seeing intake air temps around 18-20F...
  15. 218,940 miles Boy am I stupid. Never trust...

218,940 miles

Boy am I stupid. Never trust me to be your mechanic. I got home from work today and found that my goodies arrived. Unfortunately the dust boot on the new lower control arm had a...
  16. Rear drum brake removal/replacement: An introduction

I had to replace my rear drum brakes. Here are some pictures of the process and some pointers. This is not a full tutorial, but may be helpful to those not familiar with the procedure who are...
  17. Replies
    Views

I've been working on a "stealth" warm air intake...

I've been working on a "stealth" warm air intake design. It brings in warm air from a pipe that comes in the back side of the air box. The other end of the pipe hovers about an inch above the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Pretty much copied 15windows design today....

Pretty much copied 15windows design today. Covered the wires with rubber hose, and made sure the duct wasn't touching anything it could chafe. I also tried starting the tape on fire just incase.
  19. I have been playing with a warm air intake for...

I have been playing with a warm air intake for the last week. I'm not into the intercooler portion. Before I do anything that involved, I want to run my own tests to make sure that a warm air...
  20. Replies
    Views

Congrats!

Congrats!
  21. Replies
    Views

I figured I should give an update. The check...

I figured I should give an update. The check engine light came back on a few days after I cleared it. I didn't have much time to figure it out so I just changed the front cat with the rear O2 sensor...
  22. 70's Westfalia VW camper bus. It was my first...

70's Westfalia VW camper bus. It was my first car, in the 1990s in California, but I never ended up driving it. I fixed it up in the backyard, even slept in it one night for fun. But I was young...
  23. Very cool. HCCI has been around for a long time,...

Very cool. HCCI has been around for a long time, but nobody has been able to get it to work good in real world driving conditions. Last I heard, GM had some test mule Cobalts running in HCCI mode...
  24. Poll: axle issue covered under 5 year / 60k mile warranty in U.S.

Mitsubishi's position on rear axle alignment (e-mail from U.S. PR Manager Alex Fedorak):

This should be helpful for owners who were mistakenly put under the impression (by a dealer) that only...
  25. It sounds like I might be the only person here...

It sounds like I might be the only person here with actual experience on the other side of this fence. I spent many years selling cars, both at big dealerships as well as smaller used car lots. And...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4