Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I am hugely annoyed at this, mostly at the...

I am hugely annoyed at this, mostly at the indifferent customer service I have received from the dealer and Mitsubishi corporate who suggested that my issues are partially due to my living in Texas....
  2. Replies
    Views

Do what now? The intake manifold doesn't give...

Do what now? The intake manifold doesn't give off an odor just because it is plastic. Unless it is cracked or broken and is letting vapors from the PCV system escape, it would not have any way to...
  3. Replies
    Views

I still maintain it is not the clutch and that...

I still maintain it is not the clutch and that the dealer is not going to be able to reproduce the problem. Are you getting whiffs of a smell while driving? Or is there a strong, pungent smell that...
  4. Replies
    Views

Clutch smell is very distinct — unless you are...

Clutch smell is very distinct — unless you are slipping the clutch A LOTwhen starting off or when downshifting, I doubt it is that.

Most cars, especially those with smaller engines, emit sort of a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Wat You have water up to the door handles?

Wat

You have water up to the door handles?
  6. Replies
    Views

My other car is a 2012 Yaris (5-speed) and it is...

My other car is a 2012 Yaris (5-speed) and it is easy for me to get 7 or 8 more MPG around town in the Mirage (same conditions). The Yaris will get upper 30s in mixed driving so if you fill it with...
  7. My wife went and had them put on today. I...

My wife went and had them put on today. I haven't driven it yet but they look a lot more substantial - look at that little bit of bulge, haha. Interesting tidbit: they are made in the UK
  8. Thread: Mirage taxi

by adrew
    Replies
    Views

Yeah, once it cools the cabin down it is normal...

Yeah, once it cools the cabin down it is normal for it to start cycling the compressor off and on. Ours was cycling it every few seconds when it was still hot in the car, even with the temperature...
  9. The difference in diameter could be an issue if...

The difference in diameter could be an issue if you just replaced two tires and ended up with different sizes on the same axle but shouldn't be an issue with a set of four.

I am a Michelin snob...
  10. I'm taking in on Saturday. The closest dealer to...

I'm taking in on Saturday. The closest dealer to my house wouldn't look at it on a Saturday (not fix, just check it out so we could plan for downtime) and doesn't offer loaners (and we can't go...
  11. Refrigerant doesn't wear out or become less...

Refrigerant doesn't wear out or become less effective over time. If there are no leaks or replacement parts (compressor) there's no reason why it can't last the life of the vehicle.

I haven't...
  12. Replies
    Views

That is the brake-interlock override. If you...

That is the brake-interlock override. If you apply the brake and the shifter won't come out of park, you can put the key in that slot to move it to neutral. It is also useful if the battery is dead...
  13. We have the front set in our car and they are...

We have the front set in our car and they are great - one thing to be aware of is that if the passenger side gets pushed forward a little it can hit the A/C condensation drain hose and pull it off...
  14. Not anymore — computer-controlled automatics will...

Not anymore — computer-controlled automatics will just ignore such a command. You can put a car in 1st at 55 MPH and it will kick down as far as possible (like from 6th to 2nd at 5800 RPM) but it...
  15. It's not really anything to "fix" -- just...

It's not really anything to "fix" -- just something to watch. I might put a zip tie or a hose clamp on it if comes off again. It slipped back on really easily and is looser than I expected.

It...
  16. Heads up: A/C condensation drain comes loose easily

My wife found some water in the passenger footwell -- I went out assuming there was some dirt or crud in the drain line and it was backing up -- but discovered that the drain line had come loose from...
  17. Replies
    Views

Here is what the Mirage would've gotten with the...

Here is what the Mirage would've gotten with the old-style EPA ratings. I've never had any trouble getting the "old" ratings in any of my cars. My Yaris, for example, is rated 30/38, with old...