Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Poll: It was so devastating to read about the...

It was so devastating to read about the discontinuation though. Why, market? Why do so relatively few people want these wonderful little super-efficient cars?
    Surely our modest community is not the...
  2. Real estate values have been 'effed in Canada for...

Real estate values have been 'effed in Canada for quite some time now and only getting worse. Kinda of makes me want to emigrate at times.
  3. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Singed up and delivered some groceries for...

Singed up and delivered some groceries for Instacart. Not the greatest car for such a task but still the fuel milage is so much more easy to handle than using a larger gas guzzler that can fit more...
  4. Replies
    Views

When the Mirage goes, I commit seppuku. I...

When the Mirage goes, I commit seppuku.

I guess that I better become a master of working on my 2014, because I am in no position to buy a new one right now.
  5. Replies
    Views

Changing out coils and plugs

I just gotta say, after the utter torture that is changing the plugs and coils in my van, the Mirage is like a breath of fresh air. Not quite as easy as a Corola, but still, pretty darned easy. I...
  6. Thread: New Record

by El Kapitan
    Replies
    Views

New Record

The old girl continues to make me happy.

This is for an approximately 120 km trip from Manning Park, British Columbia to Chilliwack, British Columbia.
    It included driving over a pass but overall...
  7. Replies
    Views

The Old Girl 2014

My Old Girl is getting pretty beat up these days. Would I get another Mirage? Definitely.
  8. That's crazy. That's close to what I paid for my...

That's crazy. That's close to what I paid for my brand new, but one year-old, SE back in Feb of 2015. Add in the CAD - US exchange rate and it might be more!
  9. Replies
    Views

Oh yes, road noise will also now be your friend....

Oh yes, road noise will also now be your friend. But once you break that baby in and learn her ways, your mileage will put a smile on your face.
  10. Replies
    Views

I agree with you because I like stick, but I...

I agree with you because I like stick, but I remember when I bought mine, all of the high end trims with stick were still unsold (a model year later).
  11. It's a cash grab. If they really cared about...

It's a cash grab. If they really cared about reducing emissions they would legislate other laws, in addition to taxing.
    Nobody knows where the money collected from the tax goes either.
    Fun fact:...
  12. Don't get me started on the "carbon tax". Not a...

Don't get me started on the "carbon tax". Not a fan, to put it briefly.
  13. some current gas price numbers Canada and USA

from vancouvergasprices.com

Current average for Vancouver (my price): CAD/ltr : $1.47
    Canadian Average: CAD $1.15
    US...
  14. It's about time! My little car is now about 5...

It's about time! My little car is now about 5 years old and just gave me 50mpg cruising around yesterday. 1 day's-worth of driving in my F250 eats about as much gas as two weeks of driving the Mirage.
  15. Replies
    Views

done.

done.
  16. I hope they don't end up pulling it from our...

I hope they don't end up pulling it from our market. I guess that if they do, I will finally go electric. I have a work truck but as far as cars go, I never want to go back to something that burns...
  17. the guy is clueless about real world mileage. My...

the guy is clueless about real world mileage. My brother drives a Fit and I used to own two of them. There is absolutely not a "3 mpg difference" between them, although the Fit can get decent highway...
  18. Replies
    Views

random mirage sighting

... Was just doing a little Google Earthing of the beautiful South Pacific Islands of Okinawa, Japan and lo and behold....
  19. Replies
    Views

that's how I feel about non-handicapped who park...

that's how I feel about non-handicapped who park in the handicapped zone. many times boogers on their door handles fresh from my nose.
  20. Replies
    Views

I saw a man!

... since buying my Mirage (beginning of 2015), I saw for the first time today a man driving a Mirage. Of all the probably dozens of Mirages that I have seen on the road, I have until now never seen...
  21. Replies
    Views

i'd like one, when I one day move to a more sunny...

i'd like one, when I one day move to a more sunny place and can set up a solar charging station.
  22. Replies
    Views

lol, who would do that?!

lol, who would do that?!
  23. nice mileage 3DPlane! i'll always love manual,...

nice mileage 3DPlane!

i'll always love manual, but my CVT is comfortable to drive. like the OP, I am stuck in stop and go Vancouver traffic all of the time (extremely poor road planning in our...
  24. that's one way of looking at it. it could also be...

that's one way of looking at it. it could also be that they anticipated the most likely reaction of a significant number of viewers (criticizing doesn't automatically make one a troll or a hater)....
  25. I laughed. I cried. it was an emotional roller...

I laughed. I cried. it was an emotional roller coaster.

p.s. comments are ratings are disabled :o)
Page 1 of 2 1 2