Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Update

Well, this was definitely a trial and error job for me. Got the new housing from a local Nissan parts supplier and also got one from Alec Nater in MLPS. Successfully re-installed the housing, got...
  2. Replies
    Views

Makes sense, was already pretty confident just...

Makes sense, was already pretty confident just needed to hear from others more experienced! Did the first round today used STP fluid and zero issues.
  3. Fummins I bought all the filters and will be...

Fummins I bought all the filters and will be doing myself once they arrive! Thanks for pushing me that direction for DIY!!
  4. Issue resolved

Dealer found the wheel bearing to be worn. Changed out under powertrain warranty. Car is back to normal! They also determined my local tire shop did not rotate my worst Vee Rubber crap tire to the...
  5. It's at the dealer. Getting a new wheel bearing...

It's at the dealer. Getting a new wheel bearing under powertrain warranty. 85k on car.
  6. All set! My mechanic assumed the code would clear...

All set! My mechanic assumed the code would clear automatically, which it usually does. He just cleared it manually. Car is driving normal again!
  7. Replies
    Views

New block has been in for 3 weeks and no issues...

New block has been in for 3 weeks and no issues so far. greatly improved MPG at all operating conditions. Could not get any pics :-(
  8. Replies
    Views

My 2014 ES started to piston slap at 47k and by...

My 2014 ES started to piston slap at 47k and by 51k the dealer had put a 2017 block in it under warranty. Determined it was scored cylinders.
  9. Replies
    Views

I started getting the noise around 47k miles. It...

I started getting the noise around 47k miles. It is most pronounced for the first few minutes of operation. It smoothes out but never stops altogether once the engine is warm.
  10. Replies
    Views

Noise has continued to increase. My service...

Noise has continued to increase. My service manager feels it is piston scoring and I am getting a new block under warranty. Bye 0w-20.
  11. Replies
    Views

Happened to me too starting around 47k. I have...

Happened to me too starting around 47k. I have done my own oil changes every 6 months between 6,000 and 7500 mile intervals using Mobil 1 filters and 0w 20 Subaru oil religiously. Switched to Mobil...
  12. Poll: My new axle was installed today. The car was...

My new axle was installed today. The car was taken for an alignment by the dealer and found to be well within specs. I will post the printout tomorrow. Handling is definitely improved. I am also...
  13. Poll: They are putting a new rear axle on the car, with...

They are putting a new rear axle on the car, with modifications made since the car entered the market, and it's covered by warranty.
  14. Poll: Went to dealer on Saturday. The service mgr...

Went to dealer on Saturday. The service mgr didn't event contest my results. They put it up on the lift and could find nothing visibly damaged. He called the regional rep today and called me right...
  15. Poll: Dealer says they will look at it Saturday. ...

Dealer says they will look at it Saturday. Hadn't heard this complaint before but "wouldn't surprise them if something is bent because of how light the suspension is and how small the wheels and...
  16. Hi. I got mine today and installed them. ...

Hi. I got mine today and installed them. Honestly don't find them that much better than cheaper rubber floor mats; expected them to cover a bit more of the carpet. The winter here in Boston may...