Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Vehicle inspection is the responsibility of the...

Vehicle inspection is the responsibility of the buyer. Seller does not need to disclose anything about the vehicle. I've always disclosed everything when selling a vehicle, but that's because I'm a...
  2. There is an Engineering Explained video that I'm...

There is an Engineering Explained video that I'm too lazy to post (so google it) which experimented about auto-start-stop and confirmed that the average small 2.0L engine will start saving gasoline...
  3. Replies
    Views

2022+ Audi A3 Review

Howdy!

Since the TT is in the stealership (story here), I've been spending some time in what seems to be a base A3 FWD. Once I find more specs, I'll update this post with info.

Needless to say,...
  4. Replies
    Views

There are a few sellers out there. Seems TX has...

There are a few sellers out there. Seems TX has one: https://timstinytrucks.com/inventory

There's another site that has a LOT more of them. Just can't find it at the moment.
  5. Replies
    Views

I was young and stupid once. Well, young once;...

I was young and stupid once. Well, young once; still stupid. To be fair, my longest commutes during the week was 15mins tops. I was just getting ready to sweat until I arrived in my destination which...
  6. Replies
    Views

I disagree with this statement. It's a...

I disagree with this statement. It's a consumable. Even if the person shifts at under 2k RPM every time, the clutch will still wear and eventually need to be replaced. Whether it's at 400k miles, or...
  7. Replies
    Views

Good luck trying to insure that base-model Rio...

Good luck trying to insure that base-model Rio without kill-switch.
  8. Replies
    Views

2 month update: She's driven over 2k miles with...

2 month update:
    She's driven over 2k miles with it and confident enough to drive an hour across town at night.
    Checked the oil/dipstick
    Drove it on the parking lot

Everything seems well. Of...
  9. Replies
    Views

This is me with my phone, keys, or any tool...

This is me with my phone, keys, or any tool literally every day.
  10. Replies
    Views

These are both in Filipino. If you get stuck...

These are both in Filipino.

If you get stuck in a part of the video that you want translated, let me know.
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: My feeling every time. That tip looks...

My feeling every time.

That tip looks great! Totally would have added it to my car if I still had it.

Push button start was one of the highlights of buying an ES back in 2014. The...
  12. Oh - you meant e-for emergency. E-brake in my...

Oh - you meant e-for emergency.

E-brake in my head was electronic. My bad.
  13. Replies
    Views

Word. I remember Toyota hating the fact that...

Word.

I remember Toyota hating the fact that there are hilux(es?) with machine guns mounted and running like it's in normal habitat.
  14. Replies
    Views

I think you've mistaken this for the oil change...

I think you've mistaken this for the oil change thread.
  15. @OP - I forgot to ask how much the bay rental was...

@OP - I forgot to ask how much the bay rental was an hour. How was you experience?

I'm going to keep an eye out on shops that die and maybe lease/purchase the building and do something similar....
  16. For what it's worth, my car got to over 120k...

For what it's worth, my car got to over 120k miles with me ALWAYS overfilling the oil. Literally. Except the last-ever oil change I did to it before giving her away; that time, I finally made it to,...
  17. Replies
    Views

The (then girlfriend) called stating someone was...

The (then girlfriend) called stating someone was kicking the front door open.

What would normally be a 15-20min commute, I did in 9min. The engine was at mid-top RPM the entire drive. I broke a...
  18. Replies
    Views

No longer a mirage owner

True story. Title was signed over last night.

I had a clause on the Bill of Sale to let me know 5 days in advance before she sells the car. I want to get my parts back.

I want another mirage...
  19. Replies
    Views

She's always lived in poverty. Finally moved out...

She's always lived in poverty. Finally moved out at 20 and found that life is better outside where she can be free of what was weighing her down. She started driving at 20 with the help of other...
  20. My tranny started grinding at 75k. I think tranny...

My tranny started grinding at 75k. I think tranny and clutch were replaced shortly after. I do abuse the mirage and have taught several folks how to drive on it which are probably the reasons why the...
  21. Replies
    Views

I would think y'all would need AC more than...

I would think y'all would need AC more than anyone because of the cold. Here in TX, when it gets cold, the AC is needed to keep the air "condition" as to not fog the windows.

@OP - welcome! The...
  22. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Over the weekend, I prepped the mirage: Engine...

Over the weekend, I prepped the mirage:
    Engine filter, cabin filter, and 275/65/14 tires.

Not pictured:
    Oil & filter change.
    Swapped driver & passenger side windshield washer nozzles. Original...
  23. Replies
    Views

Fixed.

Fixed.
  24. I just skimmed at your scores and they look...

I just skimmed at your scores and they look accurate.

While the FWY driving experience is definitely low, I've driven my mirage on the interstate for vacations a lot. While it will definitely...
  25. Replies
    Views

Check into hyundai/kia insurance info before...

Check into hyundai/kia insurance info before making the jump. Apparently even some new cars are being denied by insurance companies.

Someone put a gasoline generator behind their tesla so they...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4