Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Replaced (partially) the rear drums and shoes...

Replaced (partially) the rear drums and shoes today on the 2015 at approx. 180,000 miles. Still had some brake material but they were squeaking and the drums had probably exceeded limits. I only...
  2. Replies
    Views

You are 100% right. For our vehicles assuming non...

You are 100% right. For our vehicles assuming non racing service, any API SN or greater Ilsac GF5 synthetic oil in a reasonable viscosity (read xw-20 to xw-40) will give the 3A92 near the same...
  3. The more vehicles I own of various prior...

The more vehicles I own of various prior uses/ownership, the more I think "break-in" periods are overstated. It is doubtful that anything was done in the 150 miles to diminish the overall drivetrain...
  4. Replies
    Views

I always forget too so I do one side at a time so...

I always forget too so I do one side at a time so I can refer to the other. The rubber should be the bottom pin.
  5. Replies
    Views

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1788-...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1788-DIY-Looking-good-for-the-long-haul%21-%28Rust-protection-front-rear-doors%29
  6. Replies
    Views

There is a post on here by someone named...

There is a post on here by someone named CrazyJerry about rustproofing. I think he had some good pictures and described removing the panels
  7. The *******s! I guess the trick is to use the...

The *******s! I guess the trick is to use the club and park next to another kia that isn't fixed.
  8. Replies
    Views

In the Mirage Modifications, Customizations, and...

In the Mirage Modifications, Customizations, and DIY list sticky there is one on a vinyl emblem overlay. I have seen chrome vinyl or the options are endless. Best chance for success if your skills...
  9. I appreciate your spreadsheet. The info and parts...

I appreciate your spreadsheet. The info and parts list is nice
  10. Replies
    Views

Seems the point of this thread is you modified...

Seems the point of this thread is you modified your intake system and are unhappy with the results so you want to see if anyone has experience putting an exhaust muffler on the intake? The answer is...
  11. Replies
    Views

You are a truly brilliant engineer, I can't...

You are a truly brilliant engineer, I can't believe they left so many low hanging fruits that can be fixed and improved in the home garage. Please tell me how you would improve the aerodynamics...
  12. I saw a window bar once that was regular steel...

I saw a window bar once that was regular steel tube, but it a smaller hardened steel bar inside that was either greased or on bearings and rolled freely. It was impossible to cut through the tube...
  13. The rear license plate lights were hanging under...

The rear license plate lights were hanging under the bumper on the 2015 today, the entire bracket had rusted away
  14. Replies
    Views

I couldn't imagine running a motor oil for 20k...

I couldn't imagine running a motor oil for 20k miles in these things. Given the tight clearances and 3 qt sump that oil would shear down to an unacceptably low viscosity. I would need to see repeated...
  15. Replies
    Views

At 5000 mi oci I think any api sn oil in an...

At 5000 mi oci I think any api sn oil in an acceptable viscosity would get the engine to the 15 year 400k mile mark. I personally am liking the stats on the Valvoline extended protection synthetic....
  16. Replies
    Views

Please go through the research and development of...

Please go through the research and development of an improved design, including prototype testing, then expend your capital to produce them and market them to a small select community of Mirage...
  17. Replies
    Views

The AC is on when defrost is on, just to help...

The AC is on when defrost is on, just to help narrow it down. Belt tension is worth a check first.
  18. Replies
    Views

Personally the only mod I see as having benefit...

Personally the only mod I see as having benefit to a mirage are seat covers and a scan gauge or ultra gauge. Nothing else seems appropriate. It is a bottom dollar car for a reason and many of us here...
  19. Replies
    Views

6 gallons of 0w20 less than $50

Found a great deal on a dexos approved oil. https://www.grainger.com/product/DURAMAX-Engine-Oil-6-gal-Size-56HT78
  20. Adding some data on these cars. 2015 DE with cvt...

Adding some data on these cars. 2015 DE with cvt transmissions 172,000 miles on odometer. #1 182 psi #2 179 psi #3 185 psi. Regular oils changes per manufacturer (with some extended runs due to...
  21. Replies
    Views

I use the f106s. I also found that a plastic 3/8...

I use the f106s. I also found that a plastic 3/8 mnpt hose barb fits perfectly on the nipple.
  22. Replies
    Views

DIY Install of Hella Sharptones

Like many, I am unimpressed by the OEM Mirage horn. With the small size of the car and the low speeds (relatively) with which I commute, when I use the horn I need it to demand the attention of...
  23. Replies
    Views

I am going to go with "flooded". How it got there...

I am going to go with "flooded". How it got there is unknown as I was not present. The car seems to start and run fine now, so the two plausible scenarios are an intermittent electrical/fuel problem,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I installed a pair of Hella Sharptones. Now the...

I installed a pair of Hella Sharptones. Now the horn is actually useful at getting attention instead of the meep. I will post some pictures and a wiring schematic separately when I get some time.
  25. Replies
    Views

Sticky: After MetroMPG's terrifying post on rust, I took...

After MetroMPG's terrifying post on rust, I took the 2022 in for some Krown Oil. Hopefully they also get inside the front frame member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2