Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Ya, I try to time it so that I'm coasting in DFCO...

Ya, I try to time it so that I'm coasting in DFCO as long as possible when approaching a red light.

Using the brakes in this scenario is not a bad thing. It's better to slow down a bit with the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Yared, I too was a bit disappointed in my fuel...

Yared,
    I too was a bit disappointed in my fuel economy, but not quite to the same extent as you!

My first fill-up was not what I expected, but it was on par for the EPA ratings for the car. I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Not spongy and no abnormal pedal travel on mine....

Not spongy and no abnormal pedal travel on mine. I think the brakes are rather good.
  4. Replies
    Views

On a 2015 ES with regular chip key, all you need...

On a 2015 ES with regular chip key, all you need is a Kaba Ilco MIT17A-PT or generic equivalent, you can program them yourself if you have 2 working transponder keys. Local locksmith will cut the...
  5. Trade US roller cams for EU final drive ratios...

Trade US roller cams for EU final drive ratios from salvage yards.
  6. Just an FYI, but you can't get an automatic...

Just an FYI, but you can't get an automatic Mirage for $8k.

Also, there are a bunch of used ones out there for even cheaper if you do decide to buy later.

The main reason to buy new IMO is the...
  7. I didn't try a magnet, and I drained it into the...

I didn't try a magnet, and I drained it into the same drain pan I've used for the past decade (pour used oil into 5qt jugs, take to auto parts store for recycling), so I'm sure a magnet would pick up...
  8. Replies
    Views

The wix gold is a great filter but for the price,...

The wix gold is a great filter but for the price, the Fram xg7317 is $9 at Walmart and it's a incredible oil filter. Not only does it filter the most, it has a metal mesh to hold the synthetic filter...
  9. For whatever reason,there is no coolant or...

For whatever reason,there is no coolant or circulation through your heater core!

On the second pic posted by Daox #14 is the heater core,#15 is the PTC heater,an electric heater that helps out...
  10. Here are a couple pictures: 5639 5640

Here are a couple pictures:

11. FYI: $22.88 for 5qt Mobil1 0w-20 oil at Walmart

Just happened to notice that Walmart has a sale right now on Mobil1. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-0W-20-Advanced-Fuel-Economy-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt./17034374 That's $13.73 for 3qt of...
  12. Replies
    Views

Well if you bought your car from a dealer they...

Well if you bought your car from a dealer they should be ashamed for selling it to you with the camber like that! And they should be HAPPY to take care of it for you!

You don't mention where you...
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: After 2 weeks of watching this forum and reading...

After 2 weeks of watching this forum and reading everything I could here...I drove 300 miles yesterday and bought one at Long-Lewis in Florence, AL. They are a volume dealer and the price you pay is...
  14. Replies
    Views

It appears subscriptions you had before upatding...

It appears subscriptions you had before upatding your subscription preferences may still generate an e-mail.

I can quickly disable all e-mail coming from the forum for you if you like.

Or you...
  15. Hello GeoStalker, and congratulations on your new...

Hello GeoStalker, and congratulations on your new car. I think you will enjoy it very much.

I hate to have to point this out, but your Mirage has air bags in the seats. In reading through the...
  16. Replies
    Views

I had the same issue, but managed to get the...

I had the same issue, but managed to get the mails to stop. :)
    Now i only see the forum activity when im online!

Go to the Control panel on top off all pages here at the forum, click Settings ...
  17. Replies
    Views

How to replace a rear side door...with pics!

So about three weeks ago, some inattentive sod backed into the right rear door of my Mirage in a parking lot. It worked out that the best way to fix it, rather than get insurance involved, would be...
  18. The DE has everything I need except cruise. A...

The DE has everything I need except cruise. A rostra unit costs under $300 and ES costs $1500 more. I can't justify and extra $1200 for fog lights, push button start, and aluminum rims that I do not...
  19. I too am curious as to what impact the rebate...

I too am curious as to what impact the rebate will have on these shores. So far, the car has gotten bad press. With an influx of satisfied buyers, I would expect the reputation to get a lift.

:)...
  20. My new Mirage (red) as well of my GF's (blue)

I signed on the lines and got my car today with the $3500 rebate and all. I have a nice INRARED color DE 5 speed. It is the same car as the blue one my GF got a couple months back except a...
  21. Replies
    Views

You know these parts will eventually have some...

You know these parts will eventually have some surface rust due to bad painting, and it is normal. Remember it is only surface rust and not on the body's structure. these parts will eventually get...
  22. Yes...and yes. :D But I just joined the forum,...

Yes...and yes. :D But I just joined the forum, so don't listen to me. ;)

I'm also considering a new DE 5-speed if I can find one in the $9,000 ball-park. Prices aren't there yet, but some of...
  23. The cheapest car to drive is one that's paid off.

The cheapest car to drive is one that's paid off.
  24. Replies
    Views

You would have to factor in the cost of title,...

You would have to factor in the cost of title, registration, doc fees, county tax, state tax, etc. I would say add 10% on top of the sold price. As an example, if we bought this Mirage for $6,500...
  25. No one will be ABLE to steal it if you get the...

No one will be ABLE to steal it if you get the 5-speed! :)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4