Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. What he said.

What he said.
  2. Replies
    Views

Getting extra data would be interesting, yes. I...

Getting extra data would be interesting, yes. I have a bluetooth OBD adapter and Torque. Unfortunately the CVT temperature isn't one of the standard codes (There is a trans temp available but it's...
  3. Replies
    Views

An idea for an external CVT cooler

As we all know the CVT cooler on our cars is the standard Jatco effort - A lump of alloy that both engine coolant and CVT fluid flow though in separate channels. The coolant helps warm the CVT fluid...
  4. Certainly I've not heard anything in the UK, but...

Certainly I've not heard anything in the UK, but then it may be one of those things that's subject to a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) rather than a recall; I.E. When you bring your car in to a...
  5. Replies
    Views

I, like others who have already posted, do not...

I, like others who have already posted, do not use Facebook on grounds of privacy/tracking concerns. More relevantly to this discussion I also have witnessed the precipitous decline of a forum in the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Heffu's correct. Originally in the UK it was the...

Heffu's correct. Originally in the UK it was the Mirage 1, 2 and 3. The '1' used the 1.0 engine and had seats, a steering wheel and windows. The '2' added more stuff and the 1.2 engine, and the '3'...
  7. Thread: Space saver

by Teasmade
    Replies
    Views

Not as standard in the UK market. They're...

Not as standard in the UK market. They're supplied with a can of (useless) tyre goo. The original owner of my car ticked the option and. having just had a look, I can confirm the specs are as Eggman...
  8. Thread: Hello from UK

by Teasmade
    Replies
    Views

Only just seen this thread! Congratulations,...

Only just seen this thread! Congratulations, you've made a good choice. The Attivo has the exact extra equipment I feel is missing from my Mirage '3' CVT. The CVT does need a gentle foot to get the...
  9. The UK cars have it and it works very well...

The UK cars have it and it works very well indeed. What makes it good is there's a whole heap of conditions that mean it *wont* trigger, even when armed. For example - if the coolant is too cold, the...
  10. Replies
    Views

I have HSA and like it. Less faffing between the...

I have HSA and like it. Less faffing between the handbrake and throttle. I don't rely on it, yet I do find it useful.

Problem with this is that you're putting the strain (and extra wear) on...
  11. What formula is this, and why is it a good one to...

What formula is this, and why is it a good one to follow, please?
  12. Mitsubishi have long used components straight...

Mitsubishi have long used components straight from the parts bin in the manufacture of their cars. I'm wondering if something for, say, the previous generation colt/lancer would fit?
  13. Potentially, yes. Obviously being in the UK...

Potentially, yes. Obviously being in the UK shipping may be an issue, but I wouldn't mind if it was say $50+shipping for a kit or, say, $15 for a PDF of the wiring diagram and the components needed.
  14. Replies
    Views

Indeed. Happy New Year to you and yours,...

Indeed. Happy New Year to you and yours, everyone.:)
  15. Replies
    Views

Throttle position sensor - Check the multiplug on...

Throttle position sensor - Check the multiplug on the back of the accelerator pedal. If it were a MAP issue, you'd probably have drivability problems throughout the rev range.
  16. Indeed. I recently had my front bumper off for...

Indeed. I recently had my front bumper off for rustproofing behind it and yes - that flange is just clipped on. I found it easier to push that part back into place if I lifted the bumper upwards...
  17. Thread: Oil Catch Can

by Teasmade
    Replies
    Views

The acid test would be to look inside the inlet...

The acid test would be to look inside the inlet manifold/runners on a Mirage that's got a good few thousand miles on it. If the intake has a coating of oily slime build up, then a catch can will help...
  18. Replies
    Views

The 1.0 will be fine. You just need to give it...

The 1.0 will be fine. You just need to give it more stick. ;) Yes - It *feels* slow, but let's put this in context... The 1.0 has 68bhp from memory and similar torque, albeit higher in the rev range....
  19. Replies
    Views

When buying a car, one always runs the risk of...

When buying a car, one always runs the risk of purchasing the 'Friday Night' car, no matter the manufacturer. However, speaking from my experience of the Mirage and of several Mitsubishis before it...
  20. Replies
    Views

Haven't driven a Yaris or Mazda 2 of any flavour...

Haven't driven a Yaris or Mazda 2 of any flavour or era, so can't really comment. As for the Jazz - I've driven a 2011 Hybrid. I had it for the day whilst my i10 was being serviced, and I looked at...
  21. Replies
    Views

We have a lot of Picantos in the UK. I haven't...

We have a lot of Picantos in the UK. I haven't driven the current (2011-onwards) generation Picanto, but it is based upon the Mk1 Hyundai i10 chassis, albeit with tweaks and improvements. I owned a...
  22. Nice car - very similar to mine, in fact! I...

Nice car - very similar to mine, in fact!

I suspect you've already found this seller on ebay, judging by the pictures you're posting, but in case you haven't I have used and can recommend this...
  23. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Excellent thread - Thanks for putting it all...

Excellent thread - Thanks for putting it all together!
  24. Replies
    Views

Finally pulled the trigger...

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but it seemed a bit silly starting a new one.

I'm pleased to report that I finally have a Mirage! In fact I've had it for a few weeks, but wanted to get...
  25. Thread: ETACS tweaks?

by Teasmade
    Replies
    Views

Oooh! So now etacsdecoder works with pretty much...

Oooh! So now etacsdecoder works with pretty much anything that supports that standard...

More information here, chaps:

http://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=240...
Page 1 of 2 1 2