Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. First Ten Days Review: 2023 Mitsubishi Mirage BE edition

Mitsubishi Mirage 10 Day Review

Year: 2023
    Trim: BE
    Transmission: CVT
    Color: Infrared
    Miles driven: About 700. Two 3-hour drives and various in-town driving.
    Price Paid: MSRP of 18,500 with...
  2. Replies
    Views

New heater core arrived

Here some pix of the new heater core that arrived this morning.
    It is a heavy sort and coated with tin all over. The hoses are to be fastened with the supplied clamps, sealed with one O-ring each....
  3. Replies
    Views

Agreed about them looking good. But I think I'd...

Agreed about them looking good. But I think I'd slap new ones in, index them and enjoy the tremendous gains in hp. :rolleyes:
  4. Replies
    Views

Look Good!!! If they were plugs from my engine,...

Look Good!!! If they were plugs from my engine, I'd put them back in & run them for another 50,000 or more :D
  5. Replies
    Views

Mitsubishi's powertrain warranty is 10 year...

Mitsubishi's powertrain warranty is 10 year 100,000miles. R01k has a 2014 with 74k miles...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sorry, who is Brandon???

Sorry, who is Brandon???
  7. Thread: Coolant

by 7milesout
    Replies
    Views

I'd use the coolant that you bought 7 years ago. ...

I'd use the coolant that you bought 7 years ago. The mention of that reminds me of a story my dad told me. He said he went into an oil change place (he wasn't in the kind of shape to do it...
  8. Thread: Coolant

by Fummins
    Replies
    Views

It's literally gonna be more effort to pump it...

It's literally gonna be more effort to pump it out. The overflow tank just lift straight up. Wiggle it a little side to side and lift.

I've never had an issue using coolant from an open jug. I'd...
  9. Replies
    Views

The question is not silly at all. Correct, the...

The question is not silly at all.
    Correct, the cable is attached to only one shoe, as with most other cars, but correct is also, both shoes are operational with a pulled handbrake.

How is that?...
  10. Replies
    Views

What YouTube said, as long as you’re positive the...

What YouTube said, as long as you’re positive the fluid is at the proper level(at the proper temp) then I’d call it alright.
  11. Replies
    Views

ive also got these bubbles on my dipstick, i...

ive also got these bubbles on my dipstick, i always assumed it was normal. The Cvt fluid just like engine oil comes with an anti foaming/bubbling additive chemical in it when its new. If the levels...
  12. Replies
    Views

I’ve seen a couple cars that look like that too....

I’ve seen a couple cars that look like that too. I figured I was just a spilly talker when doing an oil change or it’s just residue that drips down off the dipstick when checking oil. I cleaned it up...
  13. Replies
    Views

Dealer. I've got 2 white pens at work. They have...

Dealer. I've got 2 white pens at work. They have the base color on one end and the clear on the other end.
  14. Replies
    Views

i think mitsubishi dealerships sell the paint...

i think mitsubishi dealerships sell the paint pens.
  15. DIY: Fixing a P0442 code (small evap leak / fuel pump housing crack) for $10

Background:
    Not long ago I noticed my check engine light pop on. Thankfully, I have a scangauge in the car all the time. So, I scanned it and found it was a P0442 code. This code says...
  16. Replies
    Views

Source...

Source http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/?model=454C202020202020&my=2015&dest=003\

http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/BASE/003/2016/MSB-16EXML23-001B/E/MSB-16EXML23-001B.pdf

Read the document yourself to double...
  17. The horrible story of attempting to find a decent used Mitsubishi Mirage

Well, I mentioned I'd talk about this earlier so if you're bored and want to hear about me suffering... here you go. We'll start with the back story...

Life is a ***** and due to a worthless...
  18. Replies
    Views

Light coat of shmooh on the end where the shaft...

Light coat of shmooh on the end where the shaft rides in the bushing. If the bendix is dry give it a tiny shot of smhooh. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Those brushes are a little worn, I've seen...
  19. The most difficult part was changing the AUX...

The most difficult part was changing the AUX filter as I was too lazy to remove the plastic shielding in front of it, if you remove or at least loosen the plastic it will be very easy. If you watch...
  20. Replies
    Views

Not to be too geopolitical but Thailand is alot...

Not to be too geopolitical but Thailand is alot closer to Japan than Mexico. I think Japanese oversight and quality control will be tighter in Thailand. That factory over there is state of the art, a...
  21. Replies
    Views

The Fit was king. My 2007 was a much more solid...

The Fit was king. My 2007 was a much more solid car than my 2017 G4, except for mpg. Better seats, handled better and the paint didn't chip off if you looked at it wrong.
  22. Replies
    Views

Good, more sales for Mitsu. The Fit, was king,...

Good, more sales for Mitsu. The Fit, was king, but Honda asked too much $ for it. Now it will be a 3way battle of KIA, Hyundai, and Mitsu for the best value crapbox.
  23. Replies
    Views

The Honda Fit is Dead.

I just came back from the Portland International Auto Show and a Honda rep (not a dealer, but an official Honda rep) confirmed that the Honda Fit will not be returning to the U.S market.
  24. Replies
    Views

My aftermarket console

I have a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage ES. I found one on amazon here in Canada. It was simple to install.

Pros

Adjustable and rotating arm rest
    Ash tray
    You still have access to your back cup...
  25. Replies
    Views

What fails inside the cvt?

Coming soon.........A non owners uneducated tear down showing what happened. Is higher octane fuel the cause of these failures or is the lack of it a factor??????? Or maybe not rotating hubcaps...
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4