Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I bought one way back in November 2012, and...

I bought one way back in November 2012, and decided to keep it even though I have three kids now. Does that make me smarter, or dumber? ;)
  2. Replies
    Views

I'd love to get GT7 but I haven't had a gaming...

I'd love to get GT7 but I haven't had a gaming console setup in like a decade and could not justify spending $1200-1500+ on a new one at the moment lol. Eventually... I still have my Driving Force GT...
  3. But the Mirage has better amenities and is much...

But the Mirage has better amenities and is much safer than a 90's econobox!
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Opened up the rear drums for inspection and...

Opened up the rear drums for inspection and cleaning @ 53,212 kms. Haven't had the rear brakes checked since around the 40,000 km mark, so when I heard some faint noises while stopping, I thought I'd...
  5. The manual specs 75w-80, last oil change I used...

The manual specs 75w-80, last oil change I used Redline MTL which is exactly that viscosity. I have not had dealer service since the warranty expired 4 years ago, but the dealership used to put...
  6. Replies
    Views

4.7L/100km is also about the same mileage I get...

4.7L/100km is also about the same mileage I get if I somehow manage to get the Mirage running at a steady 100km/h for two hours. I have a 2013 5-speed.
  7. Replies
    Views

Check out this post ...

Check out this post

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/8417-A-C-and-Radiator-Fan-died-on-same-day?p=112888&viewfull=1#post112888
  8. Replies
    Views

If the Internet car enthusiast community actually...

If the Internet car enthusiast community actually bought and owned the cars that they claimed to like, Mazda will be selling a lot more cars than they actually do now.
  9. Replies
    Views

Hey Darin. I'm often here I just usually lurk. My...

Hey Darin. I'm often here I just usually lurk. My Mirage just turned over 50,000 km this month. :)

It's been completely trouble free for the nearly 8 years that I've had it. Can't say the same for...
  10. Replies
    Views

Spot on. I sit in my brother's Subaru XV...

Spot on. I sit in my brother's Subaru XV (Crosstrek in the US market), or in my father-in-law's VW Lamando (an Asian market car, roughly the equivalent of the Passat) and think "WTF, am I in a...
  11. Replies
    Views

In relation to this... 15485 I'm the "I...

In relation to this...

I'm the "I know my car" guy. I have two vehicles; I drive until I get the low fuel warning light (meaning that in the Mirage, the gauge starts blinking). I note...
  12. Most Mirages in Manila also happen to be CVTs....

Most Mirages in Manila also happen to be CVTs. And there were quite a few more Mirages the basement, this morning there was a blue one, and another green one of the same vintage, not to mention quite...
  13. Scene at the office parking lot this morning. ...

Scene at the office parking lot this morning.

14. I know. I have some background in electrical...

I know. I have some background in electrical engineering and the term still triggers me head-scratchin' reflex. But I'm used to hearing it from local shade-tree mechanics by now. At any rate, I've...
  15. Small note: in "Taglish" (colloquial Filipino, a...

Small note: in "Taglish" (colloquial Filipino, a mix of Tagalog and English), "series" is synonymous with "jumper". It has nothing to do with how the two circuits are electrically connected. :)
  16. Replies
    Views

Ah, those infamous "hard plastics". Here in...

Ah, those infamous "hard plastics".

Here in the Philippines it rains, and I mean it rains a lot, and hard, for 3-4 months of the year. If it's raining and I open the door, the inner side of that...
  17. Mostly not a problem with modern cars (built...

Mostly not a problem with modern cars (built within the past 20 years, or so). When I was a kid, I often saw cars running in the streets driving around with missing body panels. Older Japanese models...
  18. It's got 40,494 km on it as of this morning. I...

It's got 40,494 km on it as of this morning. I think I own the oldest Mirage in this forum!

The car is holding up very well in the past five years. Never needed anything besides routine...
  19. Heh, none taken don't worry. ;)

Heh, none taken don't worry. ;)
  20. Why must be either/or? I consider myself a cheap...

Why must be either/or? I consider myself a cheap car enthusiast, 'scuse me. :D

I love my cars small, light, and practical. It's a family thing:...
  21. One thing about the MPH site (and the MirageForum...

One thing about the MPH site (and the MirageForum actually) - they don't have mobile friendly versions. Most folks here access the Interwebs on their phones; I hate Facebook but both MPH and...
  22. Strange, my car has a steering wheel lock, and I...

Strange, my car has a steering wheel lock, and I think I have what is literally the oldest car in this forum. I have the pushbutton start as well.

You can hear the lock disengage when you push the...
  23. Replies
    Views

With pleasure. Work has begin, a couple of days...

With pleasure. Work has begin, a couple of days ago the cars have been towed away to the shop:

Speaking of Mopars, we're also looking at a 1964 Dodge 440. It's got a slant six and a...
  24. Replies
    Views

I've always wanted an old Mercedes diesel sedan....

I've always wanted an old Mercedes diesel sedan. I'd love to own anything originating from 1953 to 1985, which correspond to Ponton up to the W123 eras.

About five years ago, I went to the bank to...
  25. Oh, my Mirage purchase was definitely a heart...

Oh, my Mirage purchase was definitely a heart purchase!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a very sensible guy and the Mirage is a very sensible car. But a sensible Filipino would buy a Toyota Vios (Yaris...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4