Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

How did the mechanic know it was conventional...

How did the mechanic know it was conventional oil? Be leery of anyone that tells you things like this. You can't simply rub it between your fingers and know what it's made of.
  2. Thread: SiriusXM

by Jibles
    Replies
    Views

Ah yes. I should have been more clear. If you...

Ah yes. I should have been more clear. If you aren't willing to run an auxiliary antenna outside your car then the reception is terrible.
  3. I like it. Let's face it the mirage is a boring...

I like it. Let's face it the mirage is a boring car. I like that Mitsubishi got silly with it.
  4. Driving characteristics in sub zero temps. On...

Driving characteristics in sub zero temps. On initial driving after a cold day at work the car is down right dangerously sluggish.
  5. Replies
    Views

I'd skip the oil additives all together and put...

I'd skip the oil additives all together and put back in a factory air filter. These "upgrades" do nothing for you.
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Day 2 of mirage ownership and i got it washed,...

Day 2 of mirage ownership and i got it washed, waxed and up on my Quickjacks. Undercoated as much as I could with Amsoil heavy duty metal protector. New product for me and I'm really liking the...
  7. Thread: I'm back!

by Jibles
    Replies
    Views

I'm back!

Well I'm not new to the forum but I'm officially back in a mirage. I've bounced all over trying different new vehicles and thanks to the crazy market over the last 2 years I've done the switches with...
  8. Replies
    Views

It's not like the mirage will rust to pieces...

It's not like the mirage will rust to pieces without protection, I just observed that they rust faster than any other new car I've looked under. My car has been treated with a few cans of fluid film...
  9. Replies
    Views

I have 2 issues with the mirage: 1. Poor rust...

I have 2 issues with the mirage:

1. Poor rust prevention from the factory. My wifes spark looks much better after 2 winters than my last mirage did after 1.

2. Cold start driving dynamics...
  10. Replies
    Views

Winter wheels and new snow tires!

Just got my winter wheels and snow tires mounted up yesterday at discount tire. I've always wanted a dedicated set of wheels and snow tires since we get some nasty winters.

The wheels are the...
  11. I walked around this car Saturday. It's really in...

I walked around this car Saturday. It's really in better shape than I would expect. Interior was dirty but the body wasn't all destroyed or anything. Underneath is wasn't any more rusty than any...
  12. When I was at the dealer yesterday I had popped...

When I was at the dealer yesterday I had popped the hood on a mirage in the showroom. An old man walked by and asked if I was looking for the gerbils.
  13. Replies
    Views

I only have 1 picture so far. I've been rushing...

I only have 1 picture so far. I've been rushing all weekend to get it prepped for winter before it gets too cold.
  14. Replies
    Views

Swapped mirages!

I posted about 3 weeks ago after I bought a used 2017 mirage G4 ES CVT. I tinkered on that car the last 3 weeks and got it up to a pretty decent condition. But it slowly started to bug me how it had...
  15. Replies
    Views

New to me G4 maintenance

I just picked up a 2017 G4 ES with 30k miles from the original owner. Stopped by the dealer and picked up a new air filter and cabin filter and after pulling out the old ones I was glad I did. Both...
  16. Replies
    Views

I知 back in a mirage!

Well it finally happened, I got my third mirage. In the past I had a 2014 and 2017 base cvt hatch. Loved the cars but I have an issue with getting bored with vehicles. Jump forward 3 years and due to...
  17. Replies
    Views

Good deal? 2015 Mirage

I've been out of the mirage game a few years now but lately I've been looking around. I've found what i think is a pretty good deal but wanted some opinions from the forum.

It's a 2015 RF...
  18. Just to clarify a bit, I'm not stating that...

Just to clarify a bit, I'm not stating that factually the spark is a better vehicle than the mirage. More that it has some superior features that mean something to me. I really like both cars which...
  19. Replies
    Views

Interesting seeing analysis from a car running...

Interesting seeing analysis from a car running 5w30 and 0w20 side by side. It seems like the 5w30 is providing no more protection than the 0w20 (contrary to many people thoughts). Granted there are...
  20. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Bought my Starlight silver CVT ES mirage today....

Bought my Starlight silver CVT ES mirage today. $9999 which seemed like a good price to me as that's what the 5 speeds usually go on heavy discount for. Glad to be back in a little mirage!
  21. Replies
    Views

On paint i usually soak a corner of a microfiber...

On paint i usually soak a corner of a microfiber cloth with goo gone and set it on the glue for about 30 seconds. Then i try to gently rub the glue off with the same towel and goo gone. If it wont...
  22. Replies
    Views

I had a 2014 mirage and a 2014 spark both for...

I had a 2014 mirage and a 2014 spark both for about a year and there area few things the spark does have over the mitsu. Here in the rust belt the mitsu started to rust on the undercarriage after...
  23. Thread: Maine USA

by Jibles
    Replies
    Views

No one appreciates simplicity anymore. Nothing...

No one appreciates simplicity anymore. Nothing can just be built as a basic mode of transportation. It has to be flashy or have some tricky gizmos that make it special for the "professional" car...