Search:

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

rear brakes after 10 years and 100000km

This car was made 2014 and has roughly 100000km on it. The underside and exhaust was de-rusted and painted when it was young. Since it became 10 years old, I decided to look at the rear brakes. The...
  2. Replies
    Views

I think that happens when the smallest of cars...

I think that happens when the smallest of cars are on the road.
    In these parts a Mirage/SpaceStar is a normal sized car, nothing unusual at all. No idiots overtaking just to turn off immediately...
  3. Replies
    Views

I think inspite of many words, it is rather...

I think inspite of many words, it is rather concise. Lots of words, yes, but maybe simply too much beef for dummies.
  4. Replies
    Views

Similar situation in the EU. There is a recent...

Similar situation in the EU.
    There is a recent requirement for automatic accident-reporting on new cars. A collision sensor going off raises an emergency alarm. This became the norm in almost all...
  5. Replies
    Views

Annoyance hitlist, after 10 years ownership: ...

Annoyance hitlist, after 10 years ownership:

1.) The uncomfortable driver seat and too far forward headrest is a mild form of torture. Having to extend your head forward of the rest of the body...
  6. Nice to hear you are happy with it. For me...

Nice to hear you are happy with it.
    For me personally it is simply too wide, too heavy, and too much everything else. I prefer the size of a FIAT Cinquecento, or the 1980 Suzuki Swift or 1980...
  7. Thread: Lubrication

by foama
    Replies
    Views

I'll add my two cent to this philosophical...

I'll add my two cent to this philosophical thread.
    My 2014 1.0L MT has roughly 100000km (60000 miles) on it. After opening the plastic top cover to check valve play, an impecably clean engine was...
  8. Replies
    Views

@ GlockX You may want to look at these...

@ GlockX

You may want to look at these threads:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5956-How-To-reduce-noise-through-Firewall
  9. Replies
    Views

I maintained a few mobile power generators with...

I maintained a few mobile power generators with Kubota 1.5L turbo diesel engines about two decades ago. They were simple but highly reliable. Our engines are far more sophisticated today.

If you...
  10. Thread: Lubrication

by foama
    Replies
    Views

@ grumpy: In the past I've been told being to...

@ grumpy: In the past I've been told being to technical and the topic itself too highly technical and uninteresting for the forum anyhow. Me thinks basic physics and mechanics should be...
  11. Replies
    Views

Fummins, thanks for the interesting video! The...

Fummins, thanks for the interesting video!

The caked-up oil scraper rings and piston lower sections, eg. at 2.23, 7.25, etc, and yet free oil escape holes suggest not enough lubrication with maybe...
  12. Replies
    Views

The cheapest electric car in these parts costs...

The cheapest electric car in these parts costs about as much as one and one half years average worker wages after taxes.

Since non-electric cars will be forbidden in future decades, there will be...
  13. Replies
    Views

As a person that does not want their data sold, I...

As a person that does not want their data sold, I prefer an Open-Source browser. There are plenty of excellent software choices available, and all totally free.

Beware: If a software is labeled...
  14. Replies
    Views

Interesting thread! Here in Europe we have a...

Interesting thread!
    Here in Europe we have a vast selection of good PAO/ester oils.
    I use the following product, which costs about €/US$ 23.- incl. freight for a 4liter container, more than enough...
  15. New linings were 6mm thick. Aftermarket linings...

New linings were 6mm thick.
    Aftermarket linings (JP, a Danish brand) 4.5mm thick

Brake fluid DOT4

Handbrake lever: Do not adjust it to be too tight, because it needs some slack for the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I get what you are saying. In these parts many...

I get what you are saying.
    In these parts many folks that buy cheap cars don't give them much or any maintenance. They cheap on maintenance and think they're saving money. Poor souls.

I bought...
  17. Replies
    Views

Nice find! We get loads of salt here in the...

Nice find!

We get loads of salt here in the European rust belt too.
    My 2014 1.0L poverty edition gets hosed at least twice a year. Here is what it looks like today:

18. A bigger battery won't help if it doesn't get...

A bigger battery won't help if it doesn't get charged properly.
    A battery can not store more energy than gets stored on it.
  19. Replies
    Views

I insert only the tip of the gas pistol, and hold...

I insert only the tip of the gas pistol, and hold it in an almost vertical angle. That way it is easier to fill.
  20. Replies
    Views

Grumpy, could have written that previous post...

Grumpy, could have written that previous post myself! More power to you!

Seriously, these cars are OK to have, and if you look after them they can last very long indeed, just as Fummins said....
  21. Replies
    Views

Best thing yet, they save fuel! Wonder what Metro...

Best thing yet, they save fuel! Wonder what Metro says to them. There is an old thread deap down in this forum about someone dutch-wheeling a set for themselves. Of course, no good if they fall off.
  22. Replies
    Views

The rear axle was just within specs when I bought...

The rear axle was just within specs when I bought it. Camber on one rear wheel was about 30 minutes different than the other.

I must lead a frugal life, but have a good assortment of tools, and...
  23. Replies
    Views

I agree! Because of topic 6.) I dislike...

I agree! Because of topic 6.) I dislike startup-no-oil-rattle.
    Tried out numerous different oil filters. The car was driven on the highway for at least half an hour and start up rattle tested next...
  24. Replies
    Views

Had the same problem yesterday on a GM Opel...

Had the same problem yesterday on a GM Opel Corsa, took a full half hour or so to get it off.
    If you don't have a pickle fork or if its a wrong size, maybe you have a breaker bar or a suitable ball...
  25. Replies
    Views

These engines are not from Yamaha, and aren't...

These engines are not from Yamaha, and aren't built for bikes. They are a modernized development based on a design of the Kölleda factory. It was a joint venture with Mitsubishi, and is now totally...
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4