Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

strawboss - What I'm about to add here, is not...

strawboss - What I'm about to add here, is not something I know factually. I've only read it, on more credible website locations that less. That rear catalyst really doesn't do much. They say it...
  2. Replies
    Views

Johnny's right. That exact same thing happened to...

Johnny's right. That exact same thing happened to my old Ford Ranger a few years ago. Take it to your local Muffler shop or Indy garage & I'll bet they can fix it WAYY cheeper & faster. I think my...
  3. Replies
    Views

That can be sleeved and welded by someone who...

That can be sleeved and welded by someone who knows what they are doing.
  4. Replies
    Views

Welcome! I think you've got the highest mileage...

Welcome! I think you've got the highest mileage Mirage on the Forum now. The highest in the fleet I maintain has 565,000km/351,000miles.

Chances are you have a broken wire in the harness along...
  5. Replies
    Views

I know from personal experience you go the extra...

I know from personal experience you go the extra mile to help people out. I don't have a solution to the "killing mosquito's with a .50" That's what I call it when you bend over backwards to help...
  6. Replies
    Views

I don't really buy & sell much on kijiji &...

I don't really buy & sell much on kijiji & places, but my experiences have been mixed. A guy had a "wanted" add for a snow blower part & I had a used one. Told him he could have it for free if he...
  7. Replies
    Views

Ugh, the total lack of common courtesy exhibited...

Ugh, the total lack of common courtesy exhibited by these buffoons is astounding! You can bet if you sold something out from under them the same way they do they'd be on your back for weeks digging...
  8. Replies
    Views

I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto stuff...

I've had pretty good luck with Rockauto stuff lately. I ordered a few tie rods for the van a week or so ago and paid a little more for quicker shipping. Parts came from Houston Texas to Edmonton...
  9. Replies
    Views

I haven't been able to find that part number for...

I haven't been able to find that part number for the drum I used at work. They're $100 a piece from Rockauto now! When I replaced them on my 2014 I bought from Partsavatar and messaged them to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Here's an old photo someone posted where you...

Here's an old photo someone posted where you could see the metal filings standing up on the magnetic portions of the ring...

They make a tool for seeing the pattern in a magnetic ABS...
  11. Replies
    Views

It's not a solid magnet. It's tougher than it...

It's not a solid magnet. It's tougher than it looks. Prying it off gently will just bend the shat out if it. Best method is quick. Use the edge of the drum as a pivot point for pry bar, give the end...
  12. Replies
    Views

Yeah I've done it a few times. Just use a pry bar...

Yeah I've done it a few times. Just use a pry bar and give it a good whack to pop it off it off. As for reusing the old bearing...I'd just source some dirt cheap ones from the rockauto or parts...
  13. Replies
    Views

We had the 4.8 in some 3/4 ton Savan vans. One...

We had the 4.8 in some 3/4 ton Savan vans. One had over 800k kms on it before it was totaled. There are 2 left in the fleet(with 700k and 780k kms) used as spares when the pos much newer Ford 1 tons...
  14. My dad bought a 4.8L 2003 GMC Sierra new back in...

My dad bought a 4.8L 2003 GMC Sierra new back in '02 or '03. I sort of questioned his decision back then. And he even somewhat complained that his 4.8L blew out the gas as much as a bigger engines....
  15. Replies
    Views

That's a clever way to do it.

That's a clever way to do it.
  16. Replies
    Views

LOL... Those lock rings in the Mirage knuckles...

LOL... Those lock rings in the Mirage knuckles can be a pain to remove/install. One of mine snapped in half when I tried to man-handle it out.

For anyone paying attention, you have to remove a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Weird, I haven't seen that code before. The...

Weird, I haven't seen that code before. The brake light switch is relatively easy to get to. You have to remove or partially remove the plastic cover thing that's held in with some phillips head...
  18. Replies
    Views

Is it the abs kicking in? Wonder if you got a...

Is it the abs kicking in? Wonder if you got a crap ton of air in the system somehow. Did the master cylinder run dry when you were bleeding the brakes? If it wasn't broke before
  19. Replies
    Views

Wow...I knew they got stuck but I didn't know it...

Wow...I knew they got stuck but I didn't know it was that bad. Great tip! I have a feeling a lot of Mirage owners will be referencing your post in the future. :D

I got both sensors out of my...
  20. Replies
    Views

I've got a spare front wheel speed sensor in my...

I've got a spare front wheel speed sensor in my parts bin. When I measure the resistance across the 2 pins of the wiring harness connector, it reads 4.23 Mohms.

When you get the old sensor out, a...
  21. Replies
    Views

If you use a bearing tool to do the job with the...

If you use a bearing tool to do the job with the knuckle still on the car, you have to get the wheel speed sensor out of the knuckle. Like Fummins says...there's a good chance that sensor is stuck...
  22. Replies
    Views

I'd use a press. Quicker and easier to just pop...

I'd use a press. Quicker and easier to just pop the spindle in a press. Especially since the abs sensor is probably seized into the spindle so you'll have to unplug it up behind the top of the...
  23. Replies
    Views

I haven't looked up axle nut torque in a while....

I haven't looked up axle nut torque in a while. Turns out the Mirage and my Kawi side by side both call for almost 200ft lb. I haven't had either one fail yet and have had quite a few apart.
  24. Replies
    Views

I just run them til they pile up then replace the...

I just run them til they pile up then replace the bearings. They usually last a long time. My 14 has over 300,000km and they're still fine. I'd just use whatever grease happens to be in my grease...
  25. Replies
    Views

I've seen a few of those trucks with pretty high...

I've seen a few of those trucks with pretty high miles. Here's one that got put into the fleet and driven into the ground and it's still running the same engine!...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4