Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I drove right out of my warranty 😟 time for...

I drove right out of my warranty 😟 time for modifications. I will add pics to my garage as I add. Exhaust is coming as soonish.
  2. You got lucky with where it dented the oil pan....

You got lucky with where it dented the oil pan. It missed the sump by 4-6 inches. To replace the axle and the oil pan yourself it would cost less than $500. If there is nobody damage then have the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Southern AZ, USA Mirage meet up?

I have migrated to southern AZ and have seen quite a few mirages south of Tucson, AZ.

This thread is intended to see if anyone in this area is on the forum and wants to meet up. I am open to any...
  4. I personally would not recommend 2-way car...

I personally would not recommend 2-way car speakers. I would spend the little bit extra for a component set with separate tweeters.

I currently have a cheap Polk Audio sub that has handled my...
  5. O'reilly Auto parts in TX lists the drums for 35$...

O'reilly Auto parts in TX lists the drums for 35$ plus tax...

They just don't include the studs, ABS ring or the wheel bearing...
  6. I am not going to lie. I am surprised that my...

I am not going to lie. I am surprised that my clutch and transmission are still functional. I redline my car at least 3 times daily and force some shifts. My car has always stuttered when reversing...
  7. Replies
    Views

If you don't already have a good shielded set of...

If you don't already have a good shielded set of RCA cables then I would start with replacing the ones you have. As stated earlier, they can act as an antenna and the analogue audio signal can pick...
  8. Replies
    Views

I was looking at page 30 of the PDF manual from...

I was looking at page 30 of the PDF manual from Kenwood's website under the "X'over" heading. it refernces levels from -8 to 0. After seeing the pictures of your sound deadening install and the...
  9. Replies
    Views

I have no complaints about your grounds. It...

I have no complaints about your grounds. It sounds like they are solid. After looking through the manual for the receiver my only other thoughts are possibly the gain settings for the High pass...
  10. Replies
    Views

Dumb question here... Did you set the parking...

Dumb question here... Did you set the parking brake? I am guilty of doing it once.. forgot to release it after chocking the wheels..
  11. These little engines can handle alot of abuse...

These little engines can handle alot of abuse with regular maintenance. Mine gets redlined almost daily because of the Texas freeway speeds and short ramps. Driving at 70mph all day at around 3500rpm...
  12. Replies
    Views

Welcome to the forum. Great color choice. I am...

Welcome to the forum. Great color choice. I am guessing you have a manual by the planned engine swap... It would be an absolute riot with that much power.
  13. I really hope the springs are the correct length....

I really hope the springs are the correct length. I know that some parts are interchangeable with the Jettas and most if not all of the Jetta factory specified springs are too long. If these are or...
  14. Replies
    Views

Poll: The electric real axel adapter idea is good. It...

The electric real axel adapter idea is good. It would add some weight, but you could kill the engine on almost all low speed traffic / fast-food drive thrus (because I like to eat)
  15. If it is the dodge stealth I would think twice....

If it is the dodge stealth I would think twice. If it is priced right and runs, it could be a good project car. It really depends on how much you want one. I have always thought that they were cool...
  16. Replies
    Views

I didn't want to waste time or money on the...

I didn't want to waste time or money on the factory Bluetooth option after I noticed the 5 second delay on my Outlander GT. I have the base stereo in my 2015 DE and make use of the aux port and a 30$...
  17. After 4 years of ownership I still enjoy the...

After 4 years of ownership I still enjoy the little fuel sipper. I am still running the VW Beetle rear springs with absolutely no regrets.

I have installed a 2-channel amplifier and single channel...
  18. Replies
    Views

I managed a 92 in a 75 MPH zone chasing a...

I managed a 92 in a 75 MPH zone chasing a minivan. I figured out why they let me pass when I saw the state trooper on the bridge... :(

Sadly it is the only proof my car isn't too slow for the...
  19. You will not regret the beetle rear springs. I am...

You will not regret the beetle rear springs. I am still running them with no issues. I have never had any scraping or bottoming out even with 4 200 lb adults or 600 lbs of computer equipment in back...
  20. Replies
    Views

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/3014-Q...

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/3014-Quick-easy-and-affordable-rear-spring-upgrade
  21. Poll: I voted for more power because I enjoy driving...

I voted for more power because I enjoy driving spiritedly. It by no means is inadequate for daily driving. I often find myself looking at the lit eco light because of the car in front of me. Even...
  22. But what kind of fuel economy does it get?

But what kind of fuel economy does it get?
  23. Quick easy and affordable rear spring upgrade

Total cost: $45 from pick and pull or $30 + shipping from rockauto.com (spring length not guaranteed)
    Tools needed at home: Jack, spacers for extending jack height, ratchet and a 17mm socket.
    Tools...
  24. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Nice find. After shipping and if I chose to turn...

Nice find. After shipping and if I chose to turn my mirage springs in as cores I am sure they would be close to what I paid if not more. I also liked the idea of having them the same day and being...
  25. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local...

I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local pick and pull. They are the rear coils from a 1998 VW new Beetle 2.0 liter. They are identical in length to the factory rear coils in our mirages,...