Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thanks Fummins, I checked it with the engine...

Thanks Fummins, I checked it with the engine running & hot, right after shifting it into every gear, and the oil level was right in the middle of the Hot zone, so I'm thinking I'm good to go!
  2. Help me diagnose an unusual sound from my Mirage?

I was driving yesterday and noticed a high pitched sound from - I'm guessing - the engine area (near my front left/driver's side). The sound only happens when the car is moving at about 5 to 9mph,...
  3. Replies
    Views

HOAT vs OAT antifreeze

I put this as a side note in a prior post, but I figured this deserves its own post. It seems Cummins Filtration considers OAT coolants superior to HOAT (page 3):...
  4. Nexen does - I went with their N'Priz AH5's: "In...

Nexen does - I went with their N'Priz AH5's: "In order to maintain the tread wear warranty, all tires must be rotated at least every 5,000 – 6,000 miles (8,000 – 10,000 km)."...
  5. Replies
    Views

Repairing Paint Chips & Rust Questions

I have a couple of small paint-chipped spots on the hood & front of my Mirage, most around the size of half of an eraser on a pencil or smaller. Some of them look like there's a bit of rust, and I'd...
  6. Agreed, I got this done too, and have a similar...

Agreed, I got this done too, and have a similar experience. The CVT feels alot more like a traditional automatic now, and also feels more "solid" and confident in its shifting, if that makes sense.
  7. Replies
    Views

If specs in the UK for the Mirage is similar to...

If specs in the UK for the Mirage is similar to what's specified in the US, the fully synthetic Syntium 7000 seems like it would be more than sufficient. PDS:...
  8. My wife and I moved cross country, taking my...

My wife and I moved cross country, taking my Mirage ~1400 miles, literally loaded down with all our possessions, with a roof rack & bag too. Anything that could be compressed was compressed with...
  9. Because we can? :) IMO it's more fun pushing a...

Because we can? :)

IMO it's more fun pushing a slow car to go fast than a fast powerful car.
  10. I've gone cross country & cruised at 80-90...

I've gone cross country & cruised at 80-90 without any unusual shaking - not anything significantly more than what I normally feel at 50-60.
  11. Thread: 10w-30

by cookiemonster
    Replies
    Views

IMO my engine's purring as smoothly as the day I...

IMO my engine's purring as smoothly as the day I bought it. I'm running 5w-30 in it right now, during the winter months (Pennzoil yellow bottle), with a Microgard filter.
  12. Replies
    Views

I was thinking of carrying household items across...

I was thinking of carrying household items across country for a potential move.
  13. A good, attentive driver can prevent these...

A good, attentive driver can prevent these things. A radar system may or may not reduce these accident risks. In fact, it may increase these accident risks: people drop their guard, thinking their...
  14. Replies
    Views

Topping off the Battery

Just a check in: Four years with my 2014 Mirage, and the original battery (and everything else) is still running like a champ! I've just had to add some distilled water about once a year, so far.
  15. ... not really an annoyance about my Mirage, but...

... not really an annoyance about my Mirage, but in general, that I didn't have the 1.0L engine option!
  16. Replies
    Views

Well, since I chose the Mirage out of all the...

Well, since I chose the Mirage out of all the other options out there, I would say that - for me - everything else is worse than the Mirage.
  17. Replies
    Views

Added water to (Original) battery

After 3+ years, the original (so-called "maintenance free") battery is still going strong, but I had to add about 25mL of distilled water into each of the 6 ports!
  18. 10042 No love for lifted Mirages? :cool:

No love for lifted Mirages? :cool:
  19. Replies
    Views

I've had mine for 3 years with zero problems, and...

I've had mine for 3 years with zero problems, and the only maintenance I've needed to do has been oil changes, air filter changes, and tire rotations. I've driven across North America with no...
  20. I wouldn't consider purchasing an electric...

I wouldn't consider purchasing an electric vehicle, given that vastly improved battery tech seems to be just around the corner.
  21. Replies
    Views

Here are some random, odd points about the...

Here are some random, odd points about the Mirage:

I love this car (mine's a 2014): it's feels far more spacious inside of it than others in its class, and even compared with larger cars.
    It has...
  22. If I placed a bet, it would be that it's going to...

If I placed a bet, it would be that it's going to grow in size until it becomes a SUV, and Mitsu will release a new small hatchback after that :)
  23. Replies
    Views

The rough idle on my 2014 ES CVT went away when I...

The rough idle on my 2014 ES CVT went away when I changed the oil to 5W-30 from 0W-20.
  24. Replies
    Views

Looks like there are still problems going on with...

Looks like there are still problems going on with the Spark, at least judging from the posts over in their forums, and the '16 is too new to judge yet, especially since it's a new revision/generation.
  25. Replies
    Views

I've had no noticeable issue with mileage whether...

I've had no noticeable issue with mileage whether using 0W-20, 5W-30, 10W-30, or 10W-40. Now that the daily high temperatures in my area is 100F+, changing 5W-30 to 10W-40 worked beautifully, and I...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3