Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Typical engines stay in closed loop under WOT a...

Typical engines stay in closed loop under WOT a lot. They may drop out around peak torque. Turbocharged engines probably go into open loop a lot easier than naturally aspirated.
  2. Well, you make some good points particularly...

Well, you make some good points particularly about sound but just to be clear the resonator does have a functional effect. It has been discussed on other intake modification threads here:

DRIFT...
  3. Replies
    Views

When your paint is so thin that the weight of a...

When your paint is so thin that the weight of a window flair leaves indents and you need to paint over it...
  4. Replies
    Views

When your 16oz triple-shot 2% mocha is nestled...

When your 16oz triple-shot 2% mocha is nestled conveniently in the cupholder, and is therefore just to the right of your right knee, just to the left of the mocha in the other cupholder, just in...
  5. Replies
    Views

You buy a 5 quart jug of oil for an oil change...

You buy a 5 quart jug of oil for an oil change and have 1.5 quarts left over.

The first time you need tires you think to yourself "I bet these 14" Dunlops are really inexpensive!"

You spend an...
  6. Replies
    Views

Sticky: MIRAGE REAR ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS These...

MIRAGE REAR ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS

These specifications are in degrees...

Camber.....-1.8° to -0.3°
    Toe........... 0.28° to -0.03°
    Total Toe...-0.05° to 0.55°

Here's an image from an...
  7. Don't be offended. "Mojo" isn't a word ide use to...

Don't be offended. "Mojo" isn't a word ide use to describe the mirage either. Doesn't change that I think it's neat! I think you have to either be an eco-nerd or a genuine car enthusiast to...
  8. Replies
    Views

I'm going to guess that this is because the...

I'm going to guess that this is because the wiring harness wouldn't reach the new collector.

For warranty purposes, I wouldn't want one either. If I wanted a race car, I sure wouldn't buy a...
  9. Replies
    Views

As a turbo lsx guy, you guys are getting wrapped...

As a turbo lsx guy, you guys are getting wrapped up too much a gauge reading (psi) and not pressure volume. PSI is used for a tuning reference.

12psi on a lq4 with a 78mm makes nearly 600 at the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Forged / cast / hyperpnuteptic pistons at this...

Forged / cast / hyperpnuteptic pistons at this power level is absolutely insignificant

The ONLY advantages of any of them would be during initial tuning. Forged and cast pistons will absorb...
  11. Replies
    Views

PSI isn't an accurate measure of air. And an...

PSI isn't an accurate measure of air.

And an intercooler turbo setup could easily make more power than non intercooler supercharged setup. Even at a much lower pressure ratio. Comparing the two...
  12. Replies
    Views

The dry weight of the Seadoo Sportster is listed...

The dry weight of the Seadoo Sportster is listed at 1454 lbs with out trailer. This is way outside the Mirage's capability, especially with the CVT. The Mirage is rated to tow 0 (zero) pounds. A...
  13. Replies
    Views

I found this procedure in the service manual. It...

I found this procedure in the service manual. It appears that in order to adjust the rear brakes you have to loosen the hand brake cable at the lever then pump the foot brake until the strange type...
  14. Replies
    Views

I bought a used transmission only, so it only...

I bought a used transmission only, so it only came with the throw out bearingg no pressure plate or disk.

Your right I should've took photos, I usually do, but doing it solo I just was concerned...
  15. Replies
    Views

Dragging the mirage

Hey guys, not sure where to post this, feel free to move it.

Took my car to the drag strip. Wanted to see what it would do. Found one in Thailand that was stripped and slightly modified to make...
  16. This makes me cringe really. Now I will agree...

This makes me cringe really. Now I will agree with you, someone with enough money could get something too powerful for them and mess around and mess up. I almost feel like you should go through an...
  17. And then Mitsu can sell the new Galant to...

And then Mitsu can sell the new Galant to Chrysler as the new 200! Double re-badge!
  18. ok so with playdough plexi glass a micrometer and...

ok so with playdough plexi glass a micrometer and a syringe I figure the combustion chamber volume to be approximately 44cc.
    cc the cylinder head out to 32.5 cc the dish in the piston to 6.5 cc....
  19. Still looking good!

Still looking good!
  20. Replies
    Views

As written before, the traction control canīt be...

As written before, the traction control canīt be turned of in the european spec Space Star.

But itīs not a traction control known from a lot of other cars (braking the front tires when spinning)...
  21. Poll: That reading will not cause a pull or...

That reading will not cause a pull or misalignment of the steering wheel.
    I would be a happy camper with those dimensions.

regards
    mech
  22. Poll: That would be a fail at step one. :)

That would be a fail at step one. :)
  23. Poll: A little bit more camber isn't gonna cause issue,...

A little bit more camber isn't gonna cause issue, anything <2.5deg will not destroy tires. Excessive toe-in will. Problem is that on compression/height reduction camber will translate into toe, and...
  24. Comparison of original vs. revised rear spoiler

It's not a massive change, that's for sure:

http://mirageforum.com/imgs/mirage-spoiler-anim.gif
  25. Replies
    Views

The rear spoiler is actually functional reducing...

The rear spoiler is actually functional reducing turbulence/drag, improving MPG.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3