Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom performance parts

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneMirage View Post
    i'll have to work on setting that up for non US orders, shipping to Canada is one thing but going overseas will be incredibly expensive.
    As long as the costs are transparent, that's all that matters. Some will, some won't. Offering it is half the battle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Please tell us more about how your software allows us to access the Mirages oil pressure and temperature
    Separate computer will monitor said data and send it to the ECU for readout.
    this really only works because of the unholy rate that a computer can send and transfer data, especially whenever it's only reading two variables 😁

If I, for the absolute life of me cannot get it to work though, there's always the old-school way of tossing in an oil pressure gauge.

thats a future project though. i want to keep things simple at first then work up to my goal.
    i have a list of everything i want these ECU's to do, and im crossing one thing off at a time.
    my rate of work is not ideal, i work full time as a mechanic, 11 hour days. so i get home and die as soon as i hit the bed lol. and my days off are mostly spent with my girlfriend... i chip away at it slowly when i get the time though. lotta "up till 4 in the morning" late nights lol
    doing research, testing, building. pretty decent project.
    Last edited by ThatOneMirage; 07-20-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    As long as the costs are transparent, that's all that matters. Some will, some won't. Offering it is half the battle.
    my goal is to make this stuff as cheap as possible. I'm not necessarily doing this to make money, I'm doing it because this is what I enjoy doing and that's payment enough 🙂

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    my goal is to make this stuff as cheap as possible. I'm not necessarily doing this to make money, I'm doing it because this is what I enjoy doing and that's payment enough 🙂
    Awesome

But, if someone wants to buy your product and is willing to pay for shipping, everybody wins.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    Awesome

But, if someone wants to buy your product and is willing to pay for shipping, everybody wins.
    my only thing is if it gets to that point. there are no promises here as to if this is some thing that will actually be made. But I am trying my hardest...
    mind you i'm just one 21 year-old trying to do my thing while balancing a relationship and work.
    and my S.O. and job comes first. then the racecar sh*t lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOneMirage For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (07-20-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    my only thing is if it gets to that point. there are no promises here as to if this is some thing that will actually be made. But I am trying my hardest...
    mind you i'm just one 21 year-old trying to do my thing while balancing a relationship and work.
    and my S.O. and job comes first. then the racecar sh*t lol
    To quote a famous movie line - "if you build it, they will come"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This sounds really cool and I'm excited to hear more as you progress with this project! One thing about this car that blows my mind is how many terrible reviews it gets vs. how many mechanics I've heard of choosing them as their daily driver. It's a GOOD CAR and definitely worth a larger aftermarket than what is available in the US.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Separate computer will monitor said data and send it to the ECU for readout.
    this really only works because of the unholy rate that a computer can send and transfer data, especially whenever it's only reading two variables ��

If I, for the absolute life of me cannot get it to work though, there's always the old-school way of tossing in an oil pressure gauge.

thats a future project though. i want to keep things simple at first then work up to my goal.
    i have a list of everything i want these ECU's to do, and im crossing one thing off at a time.
    my rate of work is not ideal, i work full time as a mechanic, 11 hour days. so i get home and die as soon as i hit the bed lol. and my days off are mostly spent with my girlfriend... i chip away at it slowly when i get the time though. lotta "up till 4 in the morning" late nights lol
    doing research, testing, building. pretty decent project.
    It was a trick question, the Mirage has no oil pressure sensor or oil temperature sensor.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,437 Times in 1,043 Posts
    the one that lets you put the fattest crackle tune on your car, duh.

being serious though, fuel and timing are the main two if you are going at it simply. and thats what im working on making adjustable.

i couldnt say which is more important, as they both need equal attention when tuning. theres other tables and tuning parameters you can play with as well. i could sit here and list em all day and explain them. stuff like post start enrichment, VVT tuning, or simple things like idle speed. alot of stuff to play with.
    Mine was a trick question too. There is something specific I was looking for and your answer was a lot of fancy dancing.

With everything you're talking about doing, Toyota should just hire you in their engineering department and then they could get rid of like 20 useless engineers! I still have big time contacts there, I'll give them a call and let them know about you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-20-2022)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I have a friend who's big into customizing mobile vans and cars and they're always hunting for good deals on parts. You could try reaching out to them at Craftsmen and pitching your performance parts idea. They're always open to new collaborations and sourcing quality components. It could be a great fit for both of you, with their expertise in customization and your plans for producing performance parts.

Last edited by Vroomman; 04-07-2024 at 10:58 AM.