Thread: Autel MaxiIM KM100 and Autel IKEY - Have you used them before?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Autel MaxiIM KM100 and Autel IKEY - Have you used them before?

Looking at the posts within this forum and checking out the Internet regarding the smart key for a 2015 Mirage with the FCC ID OUC-003M (yes, the price tag for just one key is ridiculous), has anyone used an Autel MaxiIM KM100 and program the Autel IKEY universal smart key? You know, something like these:

Name:  20221016_003218.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  91.6 KB

And, yes, the IKEY does support ID47 like Mitsubishi's OUC-003M. However, the whole kit will cost under $700 CDN (more or less) on AliExpress.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I'd love it if somebody were to successfully try this, but Mirages are weird. None of the programming techniques that work on other Mitsubishi products seem to work on these cars. I thought about giving this a go last year, but chickened out. I got a new OEM FAST key cheap on Ebay and spent $80 at the dealer to have it programmed.

If you try it please post up the results!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I got a new OEM FAST key cheap on Ebay and spent $80 at the dealer to have it programmed.

I don't know what you paid for your OEM FAST key on Ebay, but $80 to have it programmed is not all that bad.

I bought (driving school paid for it actually) a laser cut key from my local ACE Hardware for one of our 2016 Ford Focus cars. It cost about $85 to purchase the key from them ($85 included cutting the key & programming it to the car in their parking lot). And this is just a key that unlocks the door manually & has the programmed chip to start the car in the key ignition. It does not have the remote lock buttons.

For a few dollars more, you have a fully functional OEM FAST key.

Doing the same thing for my 2017 Mirage ES cost under $15 (including the cost of the key from eBay & a few dollars to have it cut by ACE). The Mirages in the States will program a blank chipped key by themselves. No tools necessary. Just need to follow the instructions in your owner's manual.

Edit: It takes two working chipped keys to carry out the procedure for programming a new blank Mirage key, & this is the number one reason why I made an extra one. As long as I have two working Mirage keys, I can make an extra for about $15-20.
    Last edited by Mark; 10-17-2022 at 07:54 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't know what you paid for your OEM FAST key on Ebay, but $80 to have it programmed is not all that bad.
    It was $60. I had to take a trip to a dealership about 40 minutes away, so all in it was about $150. The key itself is usually about $300. Dealership was very friendly and efficient. I had no complaints.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-17-2022),Top_Fuel (10-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,475 Posts
    It was $60. I had to take a trip to a dealership about 40 minutes away, so all in it was about $150.
    You have to take all of your keys with you to the dealer when they do this, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    You have to take all of your keys with you to the dealer when they do this, right?
    All the keys you have, yes. But I only had one since I lost the other.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (10-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I'd love it if somebody were to successfully try this, but Mirages are weird. None of the programming techniques that work on other Mitsubishi products seem to work on these cars. I thought about giving this a go last year, but chickened out. I got a new OEM FAST key cheap on Ebay and spent $80 at the dealer to have it programmed.

I was successful but it sure wasn't easy!

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...l=1#post131971

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)