Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2002 Mitsubishi Delica Space Gear L400 (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mitsubishi
    Delica Space Gear L400
    Black
    4spd automagic

4x4

•  
    Details

Has some weird bmw looking grille from a Taiwan market 2005 Delica

•  

Stock

•  
    Comments: 141 / Views: 66415
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,039 Posts
    If it's going to snow 12 inches, I think even your Delica would get stuck. Don't gechurself kilt!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Unless it's over your knees it should be fine, maybe. I do have a sat communicator that I can send messages from so help is always 5-6hrs away if we do break down. One of the area's we're heading to isn't too far from one of the most over hyped trails in the Province for everyone with a jeep or toyota and a youtube channel.

We'll have food, a chain saw, and expired bear spray. There's lots of creeks and rivers around so it'd be hard to die unless you're lazy or have now way to make a fire. The friend I'm going out there with was once trapped in a spot with their motorhome. Woke up the day they planned to head home and it snowed a foot or more overnight. They had to wait it out a few days til most of it melted and some random hunters showed up and broke trail.

I'm more worried about finding a grizzly, they're awake early this year. I've only seen one or two out there. Some friends of mine had one come up behind and charge them when they were stopped on the trail for a break a couple years ago.

I don't plan to be too dumb like in the Mirage. Getting the van stuck would be a pita.

The only other person I know with an assumingly more capable-ish 4x4 is my dad. He's got an 03ish wrangler but it's a pavement princess that's rigged up to be towed behind a motorhouse. I really should get AMA/CAA whatever it's called. When I thought I blew up my truck one time it would have cost well over $1000 to get my truck towed home and I would have had to find someone with a 1 ton to tow my 14k lb trailer(smafely).

As per usual, I have next to nothing ready. I have 3 more days to do that...I'll make a list here so I forget everything.

-Comealong
    -Beer
    -cooler
    -food
    -air mattress
    -bedding
    -beer
    -axe
    -chainsaw
    -fuel and oil for saw
    -diesel (10L-2 1/2 Gal)is more than enough.
    -rv battery or for diesel heater
    -fuel tank for diesel heater(old one started leaking)
    -drone
    -booster pack
    -tarp
    -rope
    -camp chair
    -beer
    -shovel
    -jackall
    -zoleo communicator thing
    -Extra fuel
    -bbq and propane
    -lantern
    -tools
    -air compressor
    -booster cables
    -beer
    -event tent
    -table
    -tools to cook and eat with
    -can opener
    -water
    -winter gear(toque,gloves,boots etc..)
    -figure out how to download offline maps that work properly offline
    -oil, trans fluid, zip ties, duct tape,fuses,funnel,
    -should grease the ujoints(the only 2 fittings on the thing)
    -first aid kit if I have one laying around.
    -hot dog sticks
    -garbage bags

I'll forget half that stuff so that was pointless. I want to get starlink for this summer, hoping it'd good enough that the wife could do the remote desktop thing to do some work things so she can have more flexible vacation dates. And when she hangs back at camp and we go out for a day ride I could send we didn't die messages if something comes up and we're really late getting back.

Years ago I had one relative that was hanging back at camp go into full panic mode and went to random camps asking them to send out a search party for us when we were a few hours late getting back from a ride. My wife knows to not worry unless we don't show up the next morning. Or she doesn't care, I'm not sure which?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    it'd be hard to die unless you're lazy or have no way to make a fire.
    I'm too lazy to make a fire, so I guess I'd be dead. Also,

There's bound to be hungry woofs out there, looking for a couple morsels. Don't gechurself kilt!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Got back last night. Awesome trip! Van did great. Was far from great on fuel but it weighs a bit more than I thought at 5700lbs. I only wrecked a few little things and only got stuck once. Didn't see any bears, just deer, wild horses and a fox.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BigMW (04-09-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Got back last night. Awesome trip! Van did great. Was far from great on fuel but it weighs a bit more than I thought at 5700lbs. I only wrecked a few little things and only got stuck once. Didn't see any bears, just deer, wild horses and a fox.
    Pictures!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Name:  IMG_3638.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  96.9 KBName:  IMG_3685.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_3766.jpg
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_3732.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  98.2 KBName:  IMG_4059.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  96.8 KB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-09-2024)

Name:  IMG_4018.jpg
Size:  97.9 KBName:  IMG_4121.jpg
Size:  97.4 KBName:  IMG_4153.jpg
Size:  93.2 KBName:  IMG_4554.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  97.2 KB Name:  IMG_4561.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  98.8 KB

Could a grownup rotate that second last pic clockwise 90 degrees?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    Right-hand drive must take some getting used to.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

It took a minute to get used to driving on the right side of the lane. I still hit the wipers instead of the signal every time I swap between car and van.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm glad you didn't get kilt by kill-bears or kill-woofs. Did you kill-beers?