Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrero View Post
    My 2 minor concerns: - i will hit my 6,000 mile oil change interval during the trip so i will have to do it as soon as possible when i get home.
    Doesn't Mitsubishi recommend changing the oil at 7,500 miles? I know my dealership recommends every 3,000 miles, but they obviously have a bit of a financial incentive to get people to change their oil more often.

my mirage does not have tinted windows yet and i'm worried the cabin will get more hot than the A/c can fight off while crossing the deserts.
    :O ... Is that really a problem with some cars??

(Realize that I live where I don't care about having AC. Only one of my ~25 or so had it, and I don't miss it.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @Yttrium

Mitsubishi service manual asks for oil change at 7,500 mile interval.

EDIT: sorry i just realized i had typed 6,000 instead of 7,500
    Last edited by Marrero; 04-22-2014 at 11:36 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    :O ... Is that really a problem with some cars??

(Realize that I live where I don't care about having AC. Only one of my ~25 or so had it, and I don't miss it.)
    It is, unfortunately its happened to me a bunch of times in rental cars where i'm on the highway with the ac as high as it goes and i'm still sweating.
    little fun fact = most of the states in the "sun belt" allow you to have relatively darker tints than the northern states due to this. for example in Florida you can tint the back window and rear-side windows to allow only 15% of light to go through. while that's too dark for my taste it does help out with cooling a lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 54.7 mpg (US) ... 23.3 km/L ... 4.3 L/100 km ... 65.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Marrero For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-17-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    little fun fact = most of the states in the "sun belt" allow you to have relatively darker tints than the northern states due to this. for example in Florida you can tint the back window and rear-side windows to allow only 15% of light to go through. while that's too dark for my taste it does help out with cooling a lot.
    Since you mentioned tinting... People in my local forum rave about ceramic tint. If I didnt just buy tickets for next year's 50th Academy of County Music Awards, ceramic tint would have been my next purchase.

It is, unfortunately its happened to me a bunch of times in rental cars where i'm on the highway with the ac as high as it goes and i'm still sweating.
    Learned something new today.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Thailand
    Thanks
    Most cars in Thailand have heavy window tints (usually given free when you buy new). That's great during the day but at night i find them dangerous as it's hard to see out of the windows.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    We recently went out of town for the Holy Week, travelling 470 kilometers (292 miles) one way. It's my first time to drive over that sort of distance, so I got a seat backrest as a precaution. At the end of the trip, my back was fine, but my right thigh was killing me from alternating between the gas and the brake (cruise control would have helped).

One full tank yielded 17.7km/liter (5.6L/100 kilometers, or 41.6 miles to the gallon). We still had two bars left on the fuel gauge after more than 13 cumulative hours of driving. I would have posted better numbers if it weren't for the traffic jams we encountered along the way.

I'm just a little annoyed that one particularly nasty bump caused my steering wheel to be slightly off-center. At least the car is due for the next maintenance check up. I hope only the steering needs to be corrected, no issues with the suspension, output shafts or the stabilizer bar.
    Don't knock drunk guys in bars; it means they're not driving. -- Richard Gere, Runaway Bride

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Since you mentioned tinting... People in my local forum rave about ceramic tint. If I didnt just buy tickets for next year's 50th Academy of County Music Awards, ceramic tint would have been my next purchase.

I just got the ceramic tint. It hasn't gotten really hot here yet but so far the car cools nicely.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove 6 hours to the beach last month, plus lots of driving while I was there. No problem on the highway. I checked my mileage on the first tank and was getting 42 mpg. But I was driving fast (75-80). I slowed down after that but I didn't recheck my mileage, I'm guessing if I slowed down to (65-70) I would get more like 45-47 mpg.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 automatic: 39.7 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.6 mpg (Imp)