Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Done any long trips in your Mirage yet? Comfortable? Good fuel economy?

Country
    Denmark
    Thanks
    What a beautiful country you live in. Thanks for the post !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beerbelly58 For This Useful Post:

Donut (10-19-2014)

Looks like a wonderful trip - thanks for posting the pics!

Oh, and 62 mpg US - nice!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Donut (10-19-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Those are great views and the gas mileage of the MIRAGE is a beautiful site as well . Thanks .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

Donut (10-19-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Swiss got the US version Mirage? In NL you don't get the speedometer with miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Swiss got the US version Mirage? In NL you don't get the speedometer with miles
    Nope, I am working in the US for a while and bought this Mirage to cruise around. I guess in Switzerland I would have used public transport (train) or looked more closely at a Skoda Citigo.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Aha. I wondered why the Swiss flag as your country selection.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    sounds like it was a fun trip Donut!!! Love the pics!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fatcat For This Useful Post:

Donut (10-19-2014)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kerc View Post
    I gotta say that my mileage wasn't too impressive, although we're talking of a car loaded to the brim with stuff, plus me, wife, and my two kids (a teenager and a young girl), plus I was driving around 70-80 MPH most of the time. I averaged around 37 MPG total, which again, is not shabby but was less than I expected (at least wanted to break the 40 MPG barrier).

Other than that, we're very satisfied with the little mean green machine. We fit an insane amount of stuff in it: Four beach chairs, a big cooler, a basket with random stuff, four foam beach boards, and two beach umbrellas. I kid you not. I only had to remove the back shelf and lower the narrower seat back part.

The Mirage cruised flawlessly. A bit affected by crosswinds sometimes, but very stable, not noisy, and quite comfortable. I'm amazed at this car's seats; they look so simple, but there's some witchcraft that makes them quite good.

All in all, I'm looking forward for my next road trip, road 337 in Texas! Should be a nice test of the car's handling, which some hate, but it reminds me of my old 1989 VW Jetta. DAT BODYROLL.
    Our 89 Jetta GL handled like it was on Rails. Surprised it is comparable?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My first two Mirage experiences were with rental cars. The first one had 25,000km on the clock and had a bad rattle somewhere. I clocked up 1400km over a weekend and was very comfortable. The car felt like it conformed to me but was still spacious. My mpg was >60 which I dismissed as a calculation error on my part. No car gets 60mpg. I didn't know about the MID.

My second rental, same reason, 1400km trip over a weekend was in a Mirage with 50 kms. It was brand new and I was the first renter. This car was absent any odd noises and was as comfortable as the first. I paid attention to my fuel use and indeed got over 60mpg.

Both times I was really comfortable. I have a lot of back issues and the Mirage was a pleasure to drive. i'M 6'2" BTW.

After these two trips I specifically asked for the Mirage when I booked rentals but was told it was in demand everywhere and my area was lower profile so the agency rented what they got.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Did the rental Mirage have 6-way adjustment on the driver's seat or 4-way adjustment?

I find the cars that lack height adjustment in the seat cushion don't have enough thigh support for me.