Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any police pulling you over interactions? Stream of consciousness thread say anything

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Any police pulling you over interactions? Stream of consciousness thread say anything

I got pulled over the other day for doing a California stop through a Stop sign in an unbusy intersection. The cop gave me a warning after I explained Im getting used to this used car brakes and 3cyl engine. He laughed and didnt believe it was a 3 cylinder. He asked me how it does on the highway etc. I think he was genuinely bored and just wanted to pull over a new vehicle he hadnt seen before. Has any as of you yet gotten a speeding ticket or other offense? Any amusing stories? Ive heard the brighter your car the more tempted they are to pull you over? Thoughts? This is a stream of consciousness thread so just say whatever you want pertaining to the discussions or not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haven't been pulled over in thirty years, knock on wood...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Actually just the opposite in the Mirage. I've never been pulled over while owning it. It's not a bright color and although most of my mileage is from commuting I find that for the most part you are pretty invisible in the Mirage. At least in the 14's & '15's it's frontal reflective surface area is so small that radar will pick almost anything else up before the Mirage. I've found that those traffic signs that also display your speed I have to be much closer than other cars to get a reading when there are no other cars around.
    Last edited by inuvik; 05-08-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: clarification

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Dude I never thought of that! The aerodynamics reflecting radar beams! Your ****ing awsome man! This is what Im talking about, this is higher elevation Mirage discussions. Thank you for that brother, I mean it. Have you made any secret compartments in your ride? Im thinking the cloth on the back fold down 60/40 seats can be easily pushed aside to form a secret compartment. I know the Honda Fit has one under its magic seat.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Never got pulled over in my Mirage, but I use my Corolla for work and I always used to get pulled over when I'm parked at work or when I leave. Its a night job but after a while they kind of get a clue and haven't been pulled over since.

When someone doubts your 3cyl just pop the hood.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Actually just the opposite in the Mirage. I've never been pulled over while owning it. It's not a bright color and although most of my mileage is from commuting I find that for the most part you are pretty invisible in the Mirage. At least in the 14's & '15's it's frontal reflective surface area is so small that radar will pick almost anything else up before the Mirage. I've found that those traffic signs that also display your speed I have to be much closer than other cars to get a reading when there are no other cars around.
    Sounds like a benefit to me. I always get as close as I can to the line at a stop.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I find this thread very enlightening. It explains a lot.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I got pulled over for expired tags... halfway through a month after expiration.

That officer seemed to be lying in wait.

Even more irritating when I've seen cars with tags obviously over a year expired!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to timw4mail For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Dude I never thought of that! The aerodynamics reflecting radar beams! Your ****ing awsome man! This is what Im talking about, this is higher elevation Mirage discussions. Thank you for that brother, I mean it. Have you made any secret compartments in your ride? Im thinking the cloth on the back fold down 60/40 seats can be easily pushed aside to form a secret compartment. I know the Honda Fit has one under its magic seat.
    Plastic can not reflect electromagnetic energy, and the front bumper cover of the Mirage is made of plastic. The underlying metallic structure can, but plastic covering can not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I got pulled over for having people in the back of my bronco with the top off. That cop wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box and after she realized she was wrong she told me to go home cause it's gonna rain.
    Also got pulled over in the same bronco for stunting in front of a cop. Twice in a row. I ended up with an unnecessary noise ticket and they told me I should attach the rear view mirror back on the windshield so maybe I'll see them sooner next time. It fell off so I just sloppily jammed it where the center speaker went in the dash pad. The one cop was a newfie straight from the rock, he said if he saw my vehicle back home he'd have it towed away. I wan't sure how to take that. That's also the time I broke my engine mount. Good times

I also ran over a pylon leaving a check stop one time. That was interesting.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I got pulled over for having people in the back of my bronco with the top off. That cop wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box and after she realized she was wrong she told me to go home cause it's gonna rain.
    Also got pulled over in the same bronco for stunting in front of a cop. Twice in a row. I ended up with an unnecessary noise ticket and they told me I should attach the rear view mirror back on the windshield so maybe I'll see them sooner next time. It fell off so I just sloppily jammed it where the center speaker went in the dash pad. The one cop was a newfie straight from the rock, he said if he saw my vehicle back home he'd have it towed away. I wan't sure how to take that. That's also the time I broke my engine mount. Good times

I also ran over a pylon leaving a check stop one time. That was interesting.
    Ever since OJ Simpson the Bronco has been targeted lol.