Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speaker opinions: what 6.5s with most bass?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

speaker opinions: what 6.5s with most bass?

I've always bought pioneer 6.5 or 6x9 because their highs sound great. That's back when I have 2 p3 12" subs to back them up.

In the mirage, however, it's impractical to put a sub.

With that said, being an audiophile, I'd want y'alls opinions (preferably experiences) on speakers with best bass.

In fact, I might put pioneers up front (for highs) and whatever the best lows for the rear.

Go.

edit:
    I'm looking at > 50RMS speakers. Planning on purchasing a 4ch 100rms per channel pioneer amp.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Being an audiophile I would expected you to use at least Hertz speakers instead of Pioneers .... The clarity of Hertz speakers are amazing. Have you tried it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The thing about audio is that it's 100% opinion too - yes, you can measure loudness but I don't think you can measure clarity. I think the pioneers had okay/good highs before distorting.

I have heard alpine highs and they were great, about 80$ or more a pair great.

I've heard of Hetz but never tried. Need to find some to test.

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Iv always ran Rockford

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well thats an idea. I do have two of their awesome 12" subs...

Maybe they apply the same awesome technology in their 6.5 speakers.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Or JBL? I have on my Galant Pioneer headunit, Hertz front speakers, JBL rear speakers and subwoofer.
    I must say that I'm pretty satisfied about the bass.
    You might like Hertz, it's German i think, like Bose.
    I'm thinking of getting pioneer for the space star but at this moment it's enough modified.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Should I be concerned with warranty issues if I modified the stock speakers and put an amp in?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Should I be concerned with warranty issues if I modified the stock speakers and put an amp in?
    to be honest, if youre going to install an additional amp, the factory speakers cannot handle the extra power ( distortion and burning voicecoils). you might as well just do a complete speaker replacement.

for bass, the doors arent solid enough or doesnt have much baffle for a good to perfect bass effect unless you dynamat the sheet metal ( entire door in and out). best bet is to either invest on a 5 channel amp or 4 and a mono ( like i did) and have a 5th speaker( woofer) for a good system. Best system would be having front ( and or rear ) with component setup.

And if youre going to do it yourself, get a 4 channel or 5 channel with an auto signal sensor

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    The thing about audio is that it's 100% opinion too - yes, you can measure loudness but I don't think you can measure clarity. I think the pioneers had okay/good highs before distorting.

I have heard alpine highs and they were great, about 80$ or more a pair great.

I've heard of Hetz but never tried. Need to find some to test.

Thanks.
    you know what they say, you get what you pay for..

it all depends on how loud you listen but for me, you can turn any speaker sound good if you have the right and proper enclosure for it. Slapping on a good speaker w/o modifying the enclosure its practically a waste of money ( unless you invest on an separate Low's (woofers) while the door speakers covers the mids and highs)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm waiting on my amp to come, when I get it I'll let you know. I'm really pushing the limits of the Mirage, but I think I've done enough electrical upgrades that it should be fine.

I got these speakers, I'm waiting for my amplifier to come before I install them. I heard them in store though, they sound pretty good.