Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is everyone using for headlights? Are you still stock?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    sunbeam - search the forum. Replacing the brake light bulbs and/or license plate light bulbs with LED versions sometimes cause these cars to do weird things. Like check engine lights on the dash or some such thing.
    Yes, saving this for when at mechanics garage, want to have an expert nearby for this

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Running firehawk LEDS, and LED daytime running lights.

Planning on upgrading the fog lights, signals, brake lights, interior lights but for me headlights were a must upgrade.

The extra brightness is super helpful at night.

No way to tell about how long they last, I have heard anecdotally these types of bulbs fail randomly or live a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
    Yes, saving this for when at mechanics garage, want to have an expert nearby for this
    Once again, I'm in awe by your posts. Your car has led brake lights already. If you change your signal bulbs you may get the typical hyperflash unless you buy bulbs with resistors built in. The headlights and other 194/168/w5w style bulbs could probably be replaced with leds without issues.

You supposedly own a car with what might be the easiest-to-replace light bulbs in the industry but you want to pay a mechanic to replace them for you? I get that money is no object and you're possibly afraid of wrecking your car or voiding the warranty but why not just replace it yourself? It's one of the most idiot-proof things you could tackle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Oh wait. I might be cornfusing things. I forgot. Mine might have LED brake lights from the factory. So, maybe the newer ones are not affected by these LED bulb issues of the past...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I think it’s 2015 [/B] and older problem with the brake light bulbs. It might happen with other bulbs too but I’m not aware of any other problems. Stupid phone

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I replaced the OEM H4 55/60w with 80/100w Hella H4 bulbs in my 2015. Dramatic improvement with excellent coverage on low beam now with a nice crisp cutoff line so it doesn't blind oncoming drivers. High beam is awesome with excellent coverage and visibility to about 1/2 mile or so. Not sure about the newer generation Mirages but my 2015 has a 10amp circuit for each headlamp so 80/100w is not a issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-16-2024)