Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I am back to contemplating a Hemi Challenger again...
    told ya so!

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I question the government paying for items like furnaces, heat pumps, solar panels, EVs, etc...

Meanwhile questioning my wood fireplace & gas stove.

I question how all money is spent, especially my own. So what I say here may not mean much.

I'll take the incentive if it is offered to everyone, but I really don't think taxpayers should be paying for individual benefits like those. Paying for roadwork for all to use is another thing. I also support WiFi for all. Not free WiFi, but everyone having access to it.
    So who really benefits with all the American Expeditionary Forces throughout the world. Isn't there a HUGE US airbase in the Phillipines? Is that to be ready to take on Yamoto and Musashi V2 when Japan rolls them out? Oh wait, Japan is on OUR side now. So why the huge ass airbase there since WWII?

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,847 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    so do you think my province (or your state/county) will drop the sales tax part of the money they collect for roads because every road is now toll? I highly doubt it. Once taxes are in place they rarely get rolled back, if ever. Do you really think if every road becomes a toll and they bring in much more than open public roads that the entity (prov/state) will use the extra to enhance the roads? I bet they p*ss the extra money away on some pie in the sky BS.
    Just to clarify, I'm not in any way advocating for toll roads. I am suggesting that we all collectively benefit from roadways without tolls, even those drivers from out of the country.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Just to clarify, I'm not in any way advocating for toll roads. I am suggesting that we all collectively benefit from roadways without tolls, even those drivers from out of the country.
    agreed 100%.

there are some things like it or not that have to be "publicly" owned, roads, water, sewer among them. Ontario is in the throes of using public money to build superhighways which I am sure will end up being leased for a pittance to a private group who will gouge every nickel they can from consumers. While vile, I concede there are still other highways that can be used for free by motorists.

But said province, while happy to maintain two tier roads won't allow private medicine, private nuclear plants, private utilities while private schools, aged homes and so many other things. Most gov are psychotic. They aren't consistent at all. That will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    agreed 100%.

there are some things like it or not that have to be "publicly" owned, roads, water, sewer among them. Ontario is in the throes of using public money to build superhighways which I am sure will end up being leased for a pittance to a private group who will gouge every nickel they can from consumers. While vile, I concede there are still other highways that can be used for free by motorists.

But said province, while happy to maintain two tier roads won't allow private medicine, private nuclear plants, private utilities while private schools, aged homes and so many other things. Most gov are psychotic. They aren't consistent at all. That will never change.
    There's no toll roads where I'm at(that I'm aware of). I remember there used to be a toll booth on the coquihalla (in BC)but I believe they removed it once the cost of building the highway was recovered. They have private schools here and afaik private old age homes(aged homes?)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)