Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    You could run a power cord to your neighbor's house outside outlet. Get a white cord for winter and run it before snow hits ... in late August. It'll be good until what, late June? Seriously, your power bill shouldn't go up much or not at all. Why do want go and be all, "my electric bill will go up" negative about it. You're welcome.

I only have 5+ cars on accident. Not my fault.
    Great points. An ev would probably use less power than the who knows how many amazon and google listening devices the wife has all over the house. Why start complaining now. Last winter we had couple monthly gas and power bills that were close to what I paid for my Mirage. This would be a great time to get a wood stove, and get a couple cords of wood with my dodge to offset my carbon footprint
    Borrowing power would be a great idea or I could run a generator instead!

I guess I'll be up 5, temporarily. But only 2 of us in the house are old enough to drive

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,828 Times in 2,133 Posts
    1. Charge at work.
    2. EVs are easy to drive and great for new drivers to learn on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    If I could do life over, I would have spent less time dreaming about future vehicles.

Since purchasing my 2017 Mirage, I've been content with what I have (including my 2011 Forester that I purchased used in 2013). I've lost interest in buying something else.

I don't know if I've changed with age, just really don't like the new stuff coming out, or my Mirage cured my window shopping/dream vehicle addiction?

Over-priced vehicles loaded with features that I could care less about are somewhat repulsive to me. That may have been my cure right there? Simple affordable vehicles no longer exist in 2024.

Bottom line - I feel blessed to own two nice vehicles that serve my needs quite well, & I hope my need for one doesn't change for another 10+ years.

I'm not raining on anyone else's dream vehicle. I've just lost the desire to throw more money at vehicles.