Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Vehicles You Are (Fo' Real) Contemplating...

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so I calculated if I save an extra $300-400 a month for 10 years I can afford a used Boxter/Cayman all cash. Thinking of getting a Boxter because of the soft top

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-26-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm thinking hard about buying a Final Edition Challenger R/T... I have wanted once since the day they introduced them way back in '09 or whenever it was. And right now you can get them at least 10k below MSRP as they are piled on dealer lots everywhere. I am weird and don't want any options but the cold weather package that gives you heated seats and steering wheel, and I even found the exact one I want in F8 Dark Metallic Green (although there is also a Destroyer Gray one that I would take if I could get a better deal)

But the thing is I just can't make myself spend the money...

For one, 30 grand would buy me a whoooole lot of classic Mopar, and B) while I would drive it a lot, it wouldn't be my daily obviously... it would just be a fun second (welllll actually 6th) car for me.

I am sure I won't actually do it, but I have been looking a lot.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-26-2024),Marklovski (02-26-2024)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That sounds amazing Basic. Get whatever puts a big smile on your face. It seems like a good idea if you're in the financial position to do it!

On the side note I just finished the first of the last three episodes of The Grand Tour. I really love Clarkson's offroad mods. First he had a modded Benthly for offroad use in Season 3. In this episode he has a modded F Type Jag. I don't think there's anything cooler than a sportscars/supercar that's for offroad use.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Marklovski For This Useful Post:

Basic (02-26-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    That sounds amazing Basic. Get whatever puts a big smile on your face. It seems like a good idea if you're in the financial position to do it!

On the side note I just finished the first of the last three episodes of The Grand Tour. I really love Clarkson's offroad mods. First he had a modded Benthly for offroad use in Season 3. In this episode he has a modded F Type Jag. I don't think there's anything cooler than a sportscars/supercar that's for offroad use.
    Sand Job is a truly great episode... I will be truly saddened when its all over.

In the meantime I have found that there is a Roku Top Gear Channel that just plays all the episodes back to back to back. Its on in the background all the time now.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-26-2024),Marklovski (02-26-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I'm thinking hard about buying a Final Edition Challenger R/T... I have wanted once since the day they introduced them way back in '09 or whenever it was.
    I myself would like a Final Edition Challenger too. But that's a whole lotta money, and I'm not in the right spot at this time. I'm as strapped as I've ever been.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I'm on the fence about getting a mini/kei truck or maybe try importing something from overseas.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I buy the deal first, the vehicle second. I love the GM 3800 Series III V6. I found a cherry that was also a good deal. SOLD. Bought this with 38K miles on the clock and stored for years before I stumbled upon it. I've had it 10 years and has 50K on it. Only take out of the garage for trips. Did I need it? No. But I love it.

Name:  Buick.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  62.3 KB

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy Bear For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-27-2024)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Looking at a 1982 toyota tercel from a place with no salt.
    Probably should look into a 2006 diesel sprinter van instead but the tercel is sooo nice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunbeam For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (02-28-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bear View Post
    I buy the deal first, the vehicle second. I love the GM 3800 Series III V6. I found a cherry that was also a good deal. SOLD. Bought this with 38K miles on the clock and stored for years before I stumbled upon it. I've had it 10 years and has 50K on it. Only take out of the garage for trips. Did I need it? No. But I love it.

Name:  Buick.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  62.3 KB
    The 3.8 L GM engine is surely one of their best!

It's hard to comprehend Buick not having any cars in their current line up.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 3.8 L GM engine is surely one of their best!

It's hard to comprehend Buick not having any cars in their current line up.
    It's hard to comprehend no Pontiac. No Oldsmobile. No Mercury. No Plymouth. What? No Lincoln Town Car? No Caddy DeVille? If I want a car than isn't a pony car I have to shop overseas? Wait, give it a year or two and even the pony cars will be gone. 4X4 Corvette? You're killing me.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Grumpy Bear For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-29-2024)