Thread: P0876

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

P0876

Got this code.

2014 Mirage with 120k miles on it.

It's my wife's car. Started flashing D, about 15 minutes from the house. It has done this before about a year ago. I changed the fluids regularly. Did the filter changes.

I haven't dropped the pan yet, but this is the first time the code has popped up. Usually it's a gas cap loose.

What's the chances of the transmission being toast?

I've seen a few 2017 and below on ebay. Local Junkyard doesn't have any. Some say 2014-2020 will interchange. I've read most post on here about CVT failure. What's the best year to look for to do a swap if this one is toast. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetleborg View Post
    Got this code.

2014 Mirage with 120k miles on it.

It's my wife's car. Started flashing D, about 15 minutes from the house. It has done this before about a year ago. I changed the fluids regularly. Did the filter changes.

I haven't dropped the pan yet, but this is the first time the code has popped up. Usually it's a gas cap loose.

What's the chances of the transmission being toast?

I've seen a few 2017 and below on ebay. Local Junkyard doesn't have any. Some say 2014-2020 will interchange. I've read most post on here about CVT failure. What's the best year to look for to do a swap if this one is toast. Thanks.
    That sucks! You’re on the right track, pull the pan and go from there. I put a 2017 cvt in my early 2014. I haven’t seen any physical changes I’m the transmissions up to 2023. I don’t think too many people have experimented with other years. I’ve replaced more 2015 cvts than 2017’s. The 18,19 and 2023’s at work haven’t blown up yet.

As for your chances of it not being toast, 50-50. I’ve gotten away with replacing a valve body one one that I thought was hopped but it didn’t have chunks in the pan. I think I could have done the same with my own car but I was already replacing the engine and found a practically new cvt for $500 so figured might as well just change the entire thing than buy a Chinese valve body for $300-400.

I’ll try to piece together a how to replace a cvt vijeo one of these weeks. Probably in 23 parts.
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-17-2023 at 02:32 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That sucks! You’re on the right track, pull the pan and go from there. I put a 2017 cvt in my early 2014. I haven’t seen any physical changes I’m the transmissions up to 2023. I don’t think too many people have experimented with other years. I’ve replaced more 2015 cvts than 2017’s. The 18,19 and 2023’s at work haven’t blown up yet.

As for your chances of it not being toast, 50-50. I’ve gotten away with replacing a valve body one one that I thought was hopped but it didn’t have chunks in the pan. I think I could have done the same with my own car but I was already replacing the engine and found a practically new cvt for $500 so figured might as well just change the entire thing than buy a Chinese valve body for $300-400.

I’ll try to piece together a how to replace a cvt vijeo one of these weeks. Probably in 23 parts.
    Nice. I seen a 2018 on ebay with around 60k miles on it. I'm not sure if hers is an early 2014 or not. But you're saying there's not much change on 2018 correct? So it should interchange.

I think I'll just replace the transmission all together, I drove it last week down the road, and it just felt more sluggish than usual. My bet is, its toast.

Thanks for your reply. Ive read your posts and i feel like I can tackle the project. I have some mechanic skills and tools for it.

It should, early or late 2014 doesn't matter. Take a look at a mitsubishi parts warehouse(or similar site) and you could look up the interchange/fitment there for the cvt. I'm sure up to 2020 should be fine. Early 2014 shows as a different part number but I found out that doesn't matter.

Hopefully it doesn't need to be replaced, but if it does it's no different than a regular automatic to replace.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It should, early or late 2014 doesn't matter. Take a look at a mitsubishi parts warehouse(or similar site) and you could look up the interchange/fitment there for the cvt. I'm sure up to 2020 should be fine. Early 2014 shows as a different part number but I found out that doesn't matter.

Hopefully it doesn't need to be replaced, but if it does it's no different than a regular automatic to replace.

Ok thanks. And with my luck on it. It's going to be a replacement haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found a transmission that's decently close at a junkyard. For $500. Question, would I get the torque converter that's with it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetleborg View Post
    I found a transmission that's decently close at a junkyard. For $500. Question, would I get the torque converter that's with it as well?
    Yeah, it should come with it. If not I'd buy elsewhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, it should come with it. If not I'd buy elsewhere.
    That's what I was thinking. There's 2 in the same area. Ones got 60k miles on it out a 2018, the others a 2019, mileage wasn't listed. Called today and left a message to see what the mileage is. Waiting on that now.

When I worked at a wrecker if a vehicle had higher milege it just wasn't entered in the system. Or at least not where other yards or public could see on car-part.com. But if it was low mileage, there was no reason not to enter it.
    Edit: or if the vehicle was hit by a train and rolled down a mountain then burnt the mileage usually couldn't be read. And a lot of the time first responders would cut the battery cables so it'd be a pita trying to check mileage so there's that too.
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-18-2023 at 04:18 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I worked at a wrecker if a vehicle had higher milege it just wasn't entered in the system. Or at least not where other yards or public could see on car-part.com. But if it was low mileage, there was no reason not to enter it.
    That makes sense. I didn't think about that.